Tulip Time Cruise Land Forward
Tulip Time Cruise Land Forward
Starts: Amsterdam, Netherlands on Sun, Mar 20, 2022
Ends: Amsterdam, Netherlands on Tue, Mar 29, 2022
Please see below brochure cabin pricing
We have the best value and service on AmaWaterways River Cruises
$100 per person Military Service Member Savings
$100 per person Military Service Member Savings
Military discount is $100 [C$120] off per person, applicable to cruise only, and is valid on new bookings only. Must be active military or retired with valid military ID. Offer is combinable with other promotions and discounts available at the time of booking. Offer is limited to availability, capacity controlled and subject to change or termination without notice. Other restrictions apply. Registration as a seller of travel does not constitute approval by the State of California.
We Are Committed To:
When you book a trip with us, whether it's halfway around the world or in your own backyard, you can rest assured that you'll benefit from our vast experience in the travel industry, our award winning service, low prices, and client satisfaction.Read More
Spend 2 nights in Amsterdam, then enjoy a 7-night roundtrip Amsterdam cruise visiting the gems of the Netherlands and Belgium
- Day 1Sun, Mar 20, 2022ARRIVE IN AMSTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS. Arrive in Amsterdam and check into your hotel.
- Day 2Mon, Mar 21, 2022AMSTERDAM. Follow your guide through the charming capital of the Netherlands, with its iconic meandering canals, bridges and distinctive architecture. (B)
- Day 3Tue, Mar 22, 2022AMSTERDAM - EMBARKATION. Enjoy a rare experience with a journey into the Netherland'''s Floriade Expo* in Almere ''' very close to Amsterdam ''' which will feature stunning gardens, innovative sustainable gardening exhibits, live entertainment, souvenirs and food stalls. Later in the day, transfer to your ship. (B,D)*Please note: The Floriade 2022 Expo opens from April 28 to October 23, 2022. When adding the land program to the April 25th sail date, guests will visit Floriade on Day 9 of the itinerary as the exhibition will not be open at the beginning of the river cruise.
- Day 4Wed, Mar 23, 2022AMSTERDAM ''' HOORN. Enjoy a scenic cruise through the IJsselmeer to Hoorn, where you have a choice of three excursions. Visit a family-run tulip farm with over one million tulips, each in different phases of growth and in many species and colors. For those seeking to travel back in time, you can visit the Zuiderzee Museum, providing insight into the maritime culture and history of the lively Zuiderzee region. And for more active adventurers, go for a guided bike ride through the Dutch countryside. (B,L,D)
- Day 5Thu, Mar 24, 2022MIDDELBURG. After enjoying a scenic cruise through the Delta, you can explore medieval Middelburg, which was the second largest trading city of the Dutch East India Company. Or, if you feel like exploring the city on two wheels, a guided bike ride is the perfect choice. Alternatively, you may discover the intriguing history of how the Delta Works, a unique storm surge barrier, came to be while visiting the Flood Museum. More than half of the Netherlands lies below sea level and the Delta Works were built to prevent a recurrence of the 1953 flood disaster. (B,L,D)
- Day 6Fri, Mar 25, 2022GHENT, BELGIUM. There are several choices of excursions, depending on your interests. For those who wish to discover two medieval cities, Ghent and Bruges, you'''ll wish to go on a highlights tour. Admire Ghent'''s canal-side architecture and some of its famous sights, including the Castle of the Counts and Ghent Cathedral, and then visit Bruges, one of the best preserved medieval cities in Europe. Alternatively, you may go on a full-day excursion to Bruges, which includes a visit to the Church of Our Lady, home to the beautiful Carrara marble Madonna and Child sculpture by Michelangelo. Those more inclined to learn about the art of Belgian chocolate making can join a master chocolatier as he shares his insights. And for those who wish to enjoy more free time, join a walking tour of Ghent, followed by leisure time. (B,L,D)
- Day 7Sat, Mar 26, 2022ANTWERP. Explore this trendy city on a walking tour where you'''ll see Antwerp'''s Steen Castle, Grote Market and Brabo Fountain, along with the UNESCO-designated Cathedral of Our Lady. For a more active exploration of the area, join a guided bike tour. Or you can visit the Rubens House, the former home of the famous 17th-century Flemish Baroque painter. Later in the afternoon, you have a choice of two excursions. Foodies will want to go on a culinary tour to indulge in chocolate, waffles and beer. Flower lovers and gardeners can roam through the Floralia, an annual spring flower show featuring approximately one million bulbs that are hand-planted each year by the castle staff. (B,L,D)
- Day 8Sun, Mar 27, 2022ROTTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS ''' KINDERDIJK - SCHOONHOVEN. During the morning, you can go on a walking tour of Rotterdam, nicknamed the "Gateway to Europe,''' and taste local specialties. Or visit Delfshaven, where, on August 1, 1620, the Pilgrim fathers departed on their epic journey aboard the Speedwell. Stopping in Southampton, many then boarded the Mayflower and concluded their journey at Plymouth Rock in Massachusetts. Alternatively, go on an excursion to Delft, known as the home of the painter Johannes Vermeer, Delft Blue earthenware and the Royal House. While here, you'''ll visit the Royal Delft Porcelain Factory and Museum. If you prefer a more active adventure, then go on a bike ride through Rotterdam and past some of its famous landmarks and architecture. In the afternoon, venture to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Kinderdijk, a lovely village renowned for having the country'''s greatest concentration of windmills, all dating from the 18th century. You may also pedal past the windmills from the seat of a bike. (B,L,D)
- Day 9Mon, Mar 28, 2022AMSTERDAM. One of the most impressive public gardens in the world, Keukenhof, presents a spectacular display of millions of flowering tulips spread out over 70 acres. Spend time ambling through this legendary garden, open only nine weeks a year and sometimes referred to as the "Garden of Europe." Later in the day, admire Amsterdam'''s historic harbor and canals, where you'''ll see beautiful homes lining the water and the fabled Skinny Bridge. Or opt for a rare experience with a journey into the Netherland'''s Floriade Expo* in Almere ''' very close to Amsterdam ''' which will feature stunning gardens, innovative sustainable gardening exhibits, live entertainment, souvenirs and food stalls. (B,L,D) . . *Please note: The Floriade 2022 Expo opens from April 14 to October 9, 2022. When adding the land program to the following departure dates, guests will visit Floriade on Day 9 of the itinerary as the exhibition will not be open at the beginning of the river cruise: April 7, 10, 11, 12.
- Day 10Tue, Mar 29, 2022DISEMBARKATION ''' DEPART AMSTERDAM. Disembark the ship and prepare for your flight home. (B)
- SPACIOUS STATEROOMS
- 7 nights luxury accommodation in an outside stateroom (most with twin balconies)
- Computer for internet access
- Entertainment-On-Demand in all staterooms featuring free high-speed internet access, movies, a music library and English language TV stations
- Mini-fridge, desk and sitting area
- Bottled water replenished daily
- AN ARRAY OF AMENITIES
- Wellness Activities with a dedicated Wellness Host leading various exercise classes as well as discussions on healthy eating and relaxation techniques, both on board and on shore.
- Personalized service from a highly trained Cruise Manager during both cruise and land programs
- Internet and Wi-Fi access
- Sun deck pool with swim-up bar and walking track
- Fitness room, massage services and hair salon
- Main Lounge with panoramic views and bar
- Daily entertainment including cultural performances
- AWARD-WINNING DINING
- All onboard dining in a variety of venues
- Regionally inspired cuisine made with locally sourced ingredients
- The Chef'''s Table specialty restaurant
- Welcome Cocktail, Welcome Dinner, La Cha''ne des R''tisseurs Dinner, Captain's Cocktail and Gala Dinner
- La Cha''ne des R''tisseurs exclusive dining experience
- Unlimited fine wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner
- Unlimited sparkling wine and fresh juice with breakfast
- Sip & Sail Cocktail Hour withcomplimentary wine, beer, spirits and soft drinks
- Tapas, snacks and refreshments served daily in the Main Lounge
- A WORLD OF EXPLORATION
- Immersive tours in every destination
- Gentle, regular, active and late-riser tour options
- Bike tours and hikes
- Special Interest Tours
- Knowledgeable guides
- Personal headset for easy exploration
- Airport transfers with purchase of air from AmaWaterways
- Land Program
- 2 nights hotel in Amsterdam at either theBarbizon Palace or Grand Hotel KrasnapolskyHotels (or similar), including city tour, Haarlemexcursion visit and daily breakfast
Life on Board
Questions & Answers
Question: Will the day-by-day itinerary change?
Question: In what language is the river cruise conducted?
We booked the cruise and extensions which was 24 days. Evidentially, this trip could have been booked in segments which we were not aware of as the coming and going of various groups was very strange throughout. We started in Prague, always a great adventure. We were to go to Nuremberg, but due to low water were bused to the ship departure, Vilshofen, with options to hit the first two ports we missed by bus as excursions. Other folks joined from Vienna, a large group came onboard, and we were nearly at max going down the river. All but 18 people left at Budapest, including the Cruise Director. At that point we found out the second portion was a Wine Cruise with a different name, new director, and new passengers came aboard bringing us to capacity once again. So this became two cruises, actually, with totally different passengers on each except the original 18. As we continued for the extension, there were 40 of us until the end in Bucharest. One can see how this was rather disfunctional and more like a train ride with customers joining and departing continuously. Never knew who would be at dinner the next night. This may work from a business point, but very confusing to those that just purchased a single cruise with extensions and enjoyed meeting folks as we sailed down the river. Had I known there would be such a revolving door would have researched better and re-evaluated my choice. AMA, as always did a superb job, but the logistics of this whole adventure must have been a nightmare and stressful for the staff. Vacations need continuity.
All the arrangements were made through Affordable Tours and everything went as planned.
The trip was outstanding. Very professional staff and excellent accommodations.
River cruise with AmaWaterways was great. No problems. It was a great cruise.
Everything was included in the price of this tour including the off shore excursions. There were so many excursions that the week went by very quick.
It was freezing cold and yet still a fantastic vacation!