Treasures of the Main & Rhine Cruise Only Forward
Treasures of the Main & Rhine Cruise Only Forward
Starts: Nuremberg, Germany on Tue, Sep 28, 2021
Ends: Amsterdam, Netherlands on Tue, Oct 05, 2021
Please see below brochure cabin pricing
We have the best value and service on AmaWaterways River Cruises
$100 per person Military Service Member Savings
$100 per person Military Service Member Savings
Military discount is $100 [C$120] off per person, applicable to cruise only, and is valid on new bookings only. Must be active military or retired with valid military ID. Offer is combinable with other promotions and discounts available at the time of booking. Offer is limited to availability, capacity controlled and subject to change or termination without notice. Other restrictions apply. Registration as a seller of travel does not constitute approval by the State of California.
We Are Committed To:
When you book a trip with us, whether it's halfway around the world or in your own backyard, you can rest assured that you'll benefit from our vast experience in the travel industry, our award winning service, low prices, and client satisfaction.Read More
Enjoy 3 nights in Prague, followed by a 7-night cruise from Nuremberg to Amsterdam
- Day 1Tue, Sep 28, 2021NUREMBERG, GERMANY - EMBARKATION. Embark the ship in Nuremberg for your Treasures of the Main & Rhine cruise. (D)
- Day 2Wed, Sep 29, 2021BAMBERG. Explore enchanting Bamberg, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, in one of three ways. Join a guided walking tour of this medieval gem to see its cathedral, Old Town Hall and elegant old mansions followed by a tasting of the city'''s famous smoked beer. Or indulge in the local flavors by sampling smoked beer, licorice root and Hornla pastry, a local favorite whose recipe dates back to 1427. And for those wishing to explore the town more actively, hop on a bike for a guided bike tour along the Main River and to its quirky quarters beyond the town center. In the evening, sail to the Bavarian town of Volkach, where you'''ll enjoy a free evening strolling along the streets and visiting shops and cafes. (B,L,D)
- Day 3Thu, Sep 30, 2021W''RZBURG. Visit W''rzburg, nestled along the '''Romantic Road''' in the middle of Germany'''s largest wine producing region. Join a walking tour of this beautiful city bursting with Baroque splendor. Or admire its crown jewel, the Baroque Residenz Palace, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that features an opulent interior, including a grand fresco by Tiepolo. As an alternative, hike up to Marienberg Fortress, dating back to the 13th century, and overlooking the Main. You may also head to picturesque Rothenburg on the '''Romantic Road,''' known for its well-preserved medieval Old Town. (B,L,D)
- Day 4Fri, Oct 01, 2021WERTHEIM. Wertheim's old town center still features half-timbered houses and the Gothic architecture of the Stiftskirche, its oldest Protestant church. You may either join a guided walking tour through the historic city center or learn the art of pretzel making with a visit to a local bakery. For those seeking a more active adventure, take a scenic bike ride through the Main River Valley. Alternatively, enjoy a guided walking tour through the medieval town of Miltenberg where you'''ll see you will see the Schnatterloch (old market square) and one of the oldest inns in Germany, the Hotel Zum Reisen. Or, opt for a hike up into the surrounding hills to Miltenberg Castle. (B,L,D)
- Day 5Sat, Oct 02, 2021RUDESHEIM. Cruise from the meandering Main River to the captivating Rhine River en route to the winemaking town of R''desheim. Once there, you will have a choice of two excursions. Take a peaceful ride over the vineyards on R''desheim'''s gondola. Afterwards, wine connoisseurs will want to go on a wine tasting with a local vintner. Alternatively, visit hike through a R''desheim vineyard or take a bike ride through the Rheingau wine region. (B,L,D)
- Day 6Sun, Oct 03, 2021COLOGNE. Join a guided tour through the Old Town and explore the UNESCO-designated cathedral. Continue on to the Cologne Rathaus, Germany'''s oldest town hall, the Heumarkt and the Alter Markt. For a different view of the city, visit a local tavern to taste its famous K''lsch beer, only made in Cologne, and reibekuchen mit apfelmus, potato pancakes typically served with applesauce. Active adventurists will want to join a guided bike ride along the Rhine. (B,L,D)
- Day 7Mon, Oct 04, 2021AMSTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS. View Amsterdam on a scenic canal cruise, taking in the magic of its iconic bridges. (B,L,D)
- Day 8Tue, Oct 05, 2021AMSTERDAM ''' DISEMBARKATION.. Bid farewell to Amsterdam and prepare for your homeboundflight. (B)
- SPACIOUS STATEROOMS
- 7 nights luxury accommodation in an outside stateroom (most with French balconies)
- Computer for internet access
- Entertainment-On-Demand in all staterooms featuring free high-speed internet access, movies, a music library and English language TV stations
- Desk and sitting area
- Bottled water replenished daily
- AN ARRAY OF AMENITIES
- Wellness Activities with a dedicated Wellness Host leading various exercise classes as well as discussions on healthy eating and relaxation techniques, both on board and on shore.
- Personalized service from a highly trained Cruise Manager during both cruise and land programs
- Internet and Wi-Fi access
- Sun deck whirlpool and walking track
- Fitness room, massage services and hair salon
- Main Lounge with panoramic views and bar
- Daily entertainment including cultural performances
- AWARD-WINNING DINING
- All onboard dining in a variety of venues
- Regionally inspired cuisine made with locally sourced ingredients
- The Chef'''s Table specialty restaurant
- Welcome Cocktail, Welcome Dinner, La Cha''ne des R''tisseurs Dinner, Captain's Cocktail and Gala Dinner
- La Cha''ne des R''tisseurs exclusive dining experience
- Unlimited fine wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner
- Unlimited sparkling wine and fresh juice with breakfast
- Sip & Sail Daily Cocktail Hour with complimentary wine, beer, spirits and soft drinks
- Tapas, sandwiches, snacks and refreshments served daily in the Main Lounge
- A WORLD OF EXPLORATION
- Immersive tours in every destination
- Gentle, regular, active and late-riser tour options
- Bike tours and hikes
- Special Interest Tours
- Knowledgeable guides
- Personal headset for easy exploration
- Airport transfers with purchase of air from AmaWaterways
- Land Program
- 3 nights hotel in Prague including daily buffet breakfast
- Transfer from the hotel to ship in Nuremberg
Life on Board
Questions & Answers
Question: Will the day-by-day itinerary change?
Question: In what language is the river cruise conducted?
Very nice experience. All handled in a professional and courteous manner.
we traveled with another river cruise line several years ago and much prefer ama waterways.
This was my first river cruise, and my only regret is that I've waited as long as I have to do this. The entire AmaWaterways crew -- from the ship captain all the way to the housekeeper -- were outstanding. The ship itself was beautifully decorated for Christmas, and the cabin was well organized and extremely comfortable. I appreciated the variety of available shore excursions, and the local guides were excellent. I'm looking forward to cruising again many times with AmaWaterways.
This was my second trip with Amawaterways and it was just as wonderful as the first. I have actually booked two more with them through Karen at Affordable Tours.
Trip was everything that was expected and more.
We booked the cruise and extensions which was 24 days. Evidentially, this trip could have been booked in segments which we were not aware of as the coming and going of various groups was very strange throughout. We started in Prague, always a great adventure. We were to go to Nuremberg, but due to low water were bused to the ship departure, Vilshofen, with options to hit the first two ports we missed by bus as excursions. Other folks joined from Vienna, a large group came onboard, and we were nearly at max going down the river. All but 18 people left at Budapest, including the Cruise Director. At that point we found out the second portion was a Wine Cruise with a different name, new director, and new passengers came aboard bringing us to capacity once again. So this became two cruises, actually, with totally different passengers on each except the original 18. As we continued for the extension, there were 40 of us until the end in Bucharest. One can see how this was rather disfunctional and more like a train ride with customers joining and departing continuously. Never knew who would be at dinner the next night. This may work from a business point, but very confusing to those that just purchased a single cruise with extensions and enjoyed meeting folks as we sailed down the river. Had I known there would be such a revolving door would have researched better and re-evaluated my choice. AMA, as always did a superb job, but the logistics of this whole adventure must have been a nightmare and stressful for the staff. Vacations need continuity.
We are very pleased with our trip.Morgan gave many options to pick from but, after discussion of the places we wanted to see she help us to narrow our choices.I would recommend Morgan to any of our friends how are planning to travel.
Could not improve on this fabulous tour
The AmaWaterway trip along the Douro - with extensions in Madrid and Lisbon -- provides a wonderful autumn interlude in Iberia. The program is especially strong for the one week spent on the Douro. The programs in Madrid and Lisbon leave a great deal of free time -- good if you can arrange your own meals and excursions, not so good if you like more arranged, especially after long flight to Europe.
I appreciated the tips for preparation before we travelled. The trip exceeded our expectations and was just wonderful! The onboard per person credit was useful for small purchases aboard ship and helped pay gratuities at the end of our cruise.
Everything was first class with lots of attention to detail and the pleasure of the passengers.
This was a vacation of a lifetime! Staff members were courteous, friendly and very helpful with every aspect of the trip. The sites were fabulous! Made many wonderful friends along the way! Would recommend this trip to anyone! Many beautiful memories were made!
Our cruise was excellent. A perfect choice for us.
Vince is my agent that tends to my wife and myself's travel desires. He is the most accommodating person with the company providing an extremely competitive competitive rate.
All the arrangements were made through Affordable Tours and everything went as planned.