Rhine & Moselle Fairytales Cruise Only Forward
Rhine & Moselle Fairytales Cruise Only Forward
Starts: Amsterdam, Netherlands on Tue, May 18, 2021
Ends: Basel, Switzerland on Sat, May 29, 2021
Please see below brochure cabin pricing
We have the best value and service on AmaWaterways River Cruises
$100 per person Military Service Member Savings
$100 per person Military Service Member Savings
Military discount is $100 [C$120] off per person, applicable to cruise only, and is valid on new bookings only. Must be active military or retired with valid military ID. Offer is combinable with other promotions and discounts available at the time of booking. Offer is limited to availability, capacity controlled and subject to change or termination without notice. Other restrictions apply. Registration as a seller of travel does not constitute approval by the State of California.
We Are Committed To:
When you book a trip with us, whether it's halfway around the world or in your own backyard, you can rest assured that you'll benefit from our vast experience in the travel industry, our award winning service, low prices, and client satisfaction.Read More
2 nights in Amsterdam, 11-night cruise from Amsterdam to Basel followed, 2 nights in Lucerne and 2 nights in Zurich
- Day 1Tue, May 18, 2021ARRIVE IN AMSTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS ''' EMBARKATION. Board the ship for your Rhine & Moselle Fairytales cruise. (D)
- Day 2Wed, May 19, 2021AMSTERDAM. There are 165 canals in Amsterdam, and you'''ll get to enjoy some of them on your canalcruise. Later in the day, set sail out of Amsterdam. (B,L,D)
- Day 3Thu, May 20, 2021COLOGNE, GERMANY. Enjoy cruising to Cologne, home to one of Germany'''s most revered Gothic masterpieces, the Cologne Cathedral. Join a guided tour through the Old Town and explore the UNESCO-designated cathedral. You'''ll also pass by the Cologne Rathaus, Germany'''s oldest town hall, and other local sights. For a different view of the city, visit a local tavern to taste its famous K''lsch beer, only made in Cologne, and reibekuchen, potato pancakes typically served with applesauce. Active adventurists will want to join a guided bike ride along the Rhine. (B,L,D)
- Day 4Fri, May 21, 2021LAHNSTEIN. You have a choice to visit Burg Lahneck, a medieval 13th-century castle, located in the city of Lahnstein; or you can go to Ehrenbreitstein Fortress to take the aerial cable car over the Rhine to Koblenz, which boasts a rich history spanning more than 2,000 years. For those seeking a more active adventure, explore the area on the '''Two Rivers Bike Tour,''' which takes you along both the Rhine and Moselle rivers; or go on a hike around Lahnstein to Lahneck Castle. (B,L,D)
- Day 5Sat, May 22, 2021COCHEM. Spend the morning taking in the beauty of the Moselle on this scenic stretch of the river before reaching Cochem with its half-timbered houses and Reichsburg Castle. Join a guided tour through the castle and then walk through its Old Town. For those wishing to have a more active exploration of the area, you can go on a guided hike to the castle or a bike tour through Cochem. Or for a different adventure, follow your palate to one of Europe'''s oldest mustard mills in Cochem for a taste of its finest mustard recipe. (B,L,D)
- Day 6Sun, May 23, 2021TRIER. Set sail for Trier, Germany'''s oldest city, where you can discover on a city tour why it has been called the '''Rome of the North''' as it has impressive Roman relics and nine UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Alternatively, go in search of the secrets of the Porta Nigra Gate on a tour that takes you back to a time when Rome ruled the world from the Emperor'''s seat in Trier. You also have the choice of a bike tour through the historic city center and along the Moselle River; or hike high above Trier to Petrisberg. (B,L,D)
- Day 7Mon, May 24, 2021BERNKASTEL. Enjoy a scenic cruise to Bernkastel that will enchant you. Walk through its colorful Old Town center and past many medieval and Renaissance buildings on a guided tour that also includes a winery visit and tasting. Cycling enthusiasts can choose to join a bike tour and hikers can opt to trek up to the ruins of Landshut Castle, which dates all the way back to the 9th century. (B,L,D)
- Day 8Tue, May 25, 2021RHINE GORGE ''' R''DESHEIM. Cruise through the captivating UNESCO-designated Rhine Gorge, the most stunningly beautiful stretch of the river, before reaching R''desheim. Drink up the stunning views by soaring high above the vineyards with a gondola ride to the Niederwalddenkmal Statue, and afterwards, be treated to a wine tasting. For a more active adventure, hike through the town'''s beautiful vineyards or join a guided bike tour along the scenic Rhine River to Schloss Johannisberg. Later in the day, let Siegfried'''s Mechanical MusicalInstrument Museum charm you or taste one of the town'''s special delights, R''desheimer coffee, ceremoniously made with brandy, coffee and whipped cream. (B,L,D)
- Day 9Wed, May 26, 2021LUDWIGSHAFEN. You have a choice of several excursions, depending on your interest. Visit Heidelberg, a perfectly preserved medieval city nestled in the Neckar River Valley along Germany'''s Castle Road. Alternatively, relive a bygone era on an excursion to the glorious Schwetzingen Baroque Palace. Tour this splendid palace furnished with over 800 exhibits. Or, you may decide to visit Schwetzingen Palace Gardens with more than 100 sculptures and admire an assortment of whimsical buildings. The Apollotempel houses a statue of the ancient Greek god of light and the arts, playing the lyre; and the most spectacular, the T''rkischer Garten with a mosque, are a few of the many highlights you will see. You can also hike the historic Philosopher'''s Path along the Neckar River or bike to the charming town of Ladenburg and glide past its half-timbered architecture. (B,L,D)
- Day 10Thu, May 27, 2021STRASBOURG, FRANCE. Strasbourg, the capital city of Alsace, offers flavors of both France and Germany because of its borderline location. Enjoy a panoramic tour past the stunning Parc de l'''Orangerie, the European Parliament and the Place de la R''publique before walking through its iconic '''La Petite France''' district, which appears to have been lifted straight from the pages of a fairytale. Wander through these charming streets and past the Cath''drale de N''tre Dame with its famous astronomical clock. Alternatively, the active adventurer can take a guided bike ride through the city and Parc de l'''Orangerie. (B,L,D)
- Day 11Fri, May 28, 2021BREISACH, GERMANY. Breisach is your gateway to several different excursions, depending on your interests. Step back in time with a visit to the enchanting Alsatian town of Riquewihr, which looks almost the same as it did in the 16th century. On your walking tour, admire historic architecture as well as famous sights, such as the Dolder Gate. Alternatively, you may wish to go to Freiburg, founded in 1120 and home to the Freiburg'''s M''nster, a Gothic cathedral said to have '''the most beautiful spire on earth.''' Those wishing a more activeexcursion can cycle through the scenic countryside, or go on a hike in the Black Forest*, a magical land full of cultural traditions. (B,L,D)*Please Note: Black forest hike is weather dependent and may only operate at certain times of year. Please refer to your final documents for details.
- Day 12Sat, May 29, 2021BASEL, SWITZERLAND ''' DISEMBARKATION. Disembark the ship and bid farewell toSwitzerland as you prepare for your return flight home. (B)
- SPACIOUS STATEROOMS
- 11 nights luxury accommodation in an outside stateroom (most with twin balconies)
- Computer for internet access
- Entertainment-On-Demand in all staterooms featuring free high-speed internet access, movies, a music library and English language TV stations
- Mini-fridge, desk and sitting area
- Bottled water replenished daily
- AN ARRAY OF AMENITIES
- Wellness Program with a dedicated Wellness Host leading various exercise classes as well as discussions on healthy eating and relaxation techniques, both on board and on shore.
- Personalized service from a highly trained Cruise Manager during both cruise and land programs
- Internet and Wi-Fi access
- Sun deck pool with swim-up bar and walking track
- Fitness room, massage services and hair salon
- Main Lounge with panoramic views and bar
- Daily entertainment including cultural performances
- AWARD-WINNING DINING
- All onboard dining in a variety of venues
- Regionally inspired cuisine made with locally sourced ingredients
- The Chef'''s Table specialty restaurant
- Welcome Cocktail, Welcome Dinner, La Cha''ne des R''tisseurs Dinner, Captain's Cocktail and Gala Dinner
- La Cha''ne des R''tisseurs exclusive dining experience
- Unlimited fine wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner
- Unlimited sparkling wine and fresh juice with breakfast
- Sip & Sail Cocktail Hour with complimentary wine, beer, spirits and soft drinks
- Tapas, sandwiches, snacks and refreshments served daily in the Main Lounge
- A WORLD OF EXPLORATION
- Immersive tours in every destination
- Gentle, regular, active and late-riser tour options
- Bike tours and hikes
- Special Interest Tours
- Knowledgeable guides
- Personal headset for easy exploration
- Airport transfers with purchase of air from AmaWaterways
- Land Program
- 2 nights hotel in Amsterdam at the Barbizon Palaceor Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky (or similar), includingwalking tour, Zaanse Schans visit and daily breakfast
- Transfer from Basel to Lucerne with Basel highlightstour en route
- 2 nights hotel in Lucerne at the Hotel SchweizerhofLucerne (or similar), including walking tour, LionMonument and daily breakfast
- Transfer to Zurich via scenic Lake Lucerne cruise
- 2 nights hotel in Zurich at the Steigenberger Zurich(or similar), including city tour and daily breakfast
Life on Board
Questions & Answers
Question: Will the day-by-day itinerary change?
Question: In what language is the river cruise conducted?
Similar Itineraries Other Travelers Liked
|May 11, 2021||Avalon Waterways||Expression||14||$4,871|
|May 11, 2021||Avalon Waterways||Expression||10||$3,787|
|May 11, 2021||Avalon Waterways||Expression||12||$4,321|
|May 11, 2021||AmaWaterways||AmaMora||14||$6,049|
|May 12, 2021||Tauck||MS Grace||10||$6,290|
Very nice experience. All handled in a professional and courteous manner.
we traveled with another river cruise line several years ago and much prefer ama waterways.
This was my first river cruise, and my only regret is that I've waited as long as I have to do this. The entire AmaWaterways crew -- from the ship captain all the way to the housekeeper -- were outstanding. The ship itself was beautifully decorated for Christmas, and the cabin was well organized and extremely comfortable. I appreciated the variety of available shore excursions, and the local guides were excellent. I'm looking forward to cruising again many times with AmaWaterways.
This was my second trip with Amawaterways and it was just as wonderful as the first. I have actually booked two more with them through Karen at Affordable Tours.
Trip was everything that was expected and more.
We booked the cruise and extensions which was 24 days. Evidentially, this trip could have been booked in segments which we were not aware of as the coming and going of various groups was very strange throughout. We started in Prague, always a great adventure. We were to go to Nuremberg, but due to low water were bused to the ship departure, Vilshofen, with options to hit the first two ports we missed by bus as excursions. Other folks joined from Vienna, a large group came onboard, and we were nearly at max going down the river. All but 18 people left at Budapest, including the Cruise Director. At that point we found out the second portion was a Wine Cruise with a different name, new director, and new passengers came aboard bringing us to capacity once again. So this became two cruises, actually, with totally different passengers on each except the original 18. As we continued for the extension, there were 40 of us until the end in Bucharest. One can see how this was rather disfunctional and more like a train ride with customers joining and departing continuously. Never knew who would be at dinner the next night. This may work from a business point, but very confusing to those that just purchased a single cruise with extensions and enjoyed meeting folks as we sailed down the river. Had I known there would be such a revolving door would have researched better and re-evaluated my choice. AMA, as always did a superb job, but the logistics of this whole adventure must have been a nightmare and stressful for the staff. Vacations need continuity.
We are very pleased with our trip.Morgan gave many options to pick from but, after discussion of the places we wanted to see she help us to narrow our choices.I would recommend Morgan to any of our friends how are planning to travel.
Could not improve on this fabulous tour
The AmaWaterway trip along the Douro - with extensions in Madrid and Lisbon -- provides a wonderful autumn interlude in Iberia. The program is especially strong for the one week spent on the Douro. The programs in Madrid and Lisbon leave a great deal of free time -- good if you can arrange your own meals and excursions, not so good if you like more arranged, especially after long flight to Europe.
I appreciated the tips for preparation before we travelled. The trip exceeded our expectations and was just wonderful! The onboard per person credit was useful for small purchases aboard ship and helped pay gratuities at the end of our cruise.
Everything was first class with lots of attention to detail and the pleasure of the passengers.
This was a vacation of a lifetime! Staff members were courteous, friendly and very helpful with every aspect of the trip. The sites were fabulous! Made many wonderful friends along the way! Would recommend this trip to anyone! Many beautiful memories were made!
Our cruise was excellent. A perfect choice for us.
Vince is my agent that tends to my wife and myself's travel desires. He is the most accommodating person with the company providing an extremely competitive competitive rate.
All the arrangements were made through Affordable Tours and everything went as planned.