Rhine & Moselle Delights Cruise Only Forward
Rhine & Moselle Delights Cruise Only Forward
Starts: Basel, Switzerland on Sat, May 29, 2021
Ends: Amsterdam, Netherlands on Tue, Jun 08, 2021
Please see below brochure cabin pricing
We have the best value and service on AmaWaterways River Cruises
$100 per person Military Service Member Savings
$100 per person Military Service Member Savings
Military discount is $100 [C$120] off per person, applicable to cruise only, and is valid on new bookings only. Must be active military or retired with valid military ID. Offer is combinable with other promotions and discounts available at the time of booking. Offer is limited to availability, capacity controlled and subject to change or termination without notice. Other restrictions apply. Registration as a seller of travel does not constitute approval by the State of California.
We Are Committed To:
When you book a trip with us, whether it's halfway around the world or in your own backyard, you can rest assured that you'll benefit from our vast experience in the travel industry, our award winning service, low prices, and client satisfaction.Read More
2 nights in Zurich, 2 nights in Lucerne and 10-night cruise from Basel to Amsterdam
- Day 1Sat, May 29, 2021EMBARKATION ''' BASEL, SWITZERLAND. Board the ship for your Rhine & Moselle Delights cruise. (D)
- Day 2Sun, May 30, 2021BREISACH, GERMANY. Breisach is your gateway to several different excursions, depending on your interests. Step back in time with a visit to the enchanting Alsatian town of Riquewihr, which looks almost the same as it did in the 16th century. On your walking tour, admire historic architecture as well as famous sights, such as the Dolder Gate. Alternatively, you may wish to go to Freiburg, founded in 1120 and home to the Freiburg'''s M''nster, a Gothic cathedral said to have '''the most beautiful spire on earth.''' Those wishing a more active excursion can cycle through the scenic countryside, or go on a hike to the Black Forest*, a magical land full of cultural traditions, as well as home to elaborate cuckoo clocks. (B,L,D)*Please Note: Black forest hike is weather dependent and may only operate at certain times of year. Please refer to your final documents for details.
- Day 3Mon, May 31, 2021STRASBOURG, FRANCE. Strasbourg, the capital city of Alsace, offers flavors of both France and Germany. Enjoy a panoramic tour past the stunning Parc de l'''Orangerie, the European Parliament and the Place de la R''publique. Then walk through its iconic UNESCO World Heritage '''La Petite France''' district, which appears to have been lifted straight from the pages of a fairytale. Wander through these charming streets and past the Cath''drale de N''tre Dame with its famous astronomical clock. Alternatively, the active adventurer can take a guided bike ride through this captivating city and Parc de l'''Orangerie. (B,L,D)
- Day 4Tue, Jun 01, 2021LUDWIGSHAFEN, GERMANY ''' R''DESHEIM. You have a choice of several excursions, depending on your interest. Visit Heidelberg, a perfectly preserved medieval city nestled in the Neckar River Valley along Germany'''s Castle Road. Alternatively, relive a bygone era on a tour of the glorious Schwetzingen Baroque Palace. Or, you may decide to visit Schwetzingen Palace Gardens with more than 100 sculptures and an assortment of whimsical buildings. The Apollotempel houses a statue of the ancient Greek god of light and the arts, playing the lyre; and the most spectacular, the T''rkischer Garten with a mosque, are a few of the many highlights you will see. For a more active adventure while in Heidelberg, join a guided hike up the Philosopher'''s Path, aptly named during the Romantic Period, and be rewarded with panoramic views of the city. Later in the day, sail to R''desheim where you can visit Siegfried'''s Mechanical Musical Instrument Museum or taste one of the town'''s special delights, R''dsheimer coffee, ceremoniously made with brandy. (B,L,D)
- Day 5Wed, Jun 02, 2021R''DESHEIM ''' RHINE GORGE. Your exploration of R''desheim continues with your choice of three excursions. Take a gondola ride to the Niederwalddenkmal Statue. Afterwards, indulge your taste buds with a sampling of Riesling wines in the vineyards. Alternatively, you can join a guided bike ride through the town and along the Rhine River to Schloss Johannisberg or hike through the town'''s beautiful vineyards. During the afternoon, set sail along the scenic Rhine River Gorge with its fabled legends and many castles. (B,L,D)
- Day 6Thu, Jun 03, 2021BERNKASTEL. Sail to Bernkastel, located in the middle of the Moselle Valley'''s wine-producing region. Walk through its colorful Old Town center and past many medieval and Renaissance buildings on a guided tour, and afterwards, be treated to a wine tasting. Cycling enthusiasts can choose to join a bike tour along the shores of the Moselle River, and hikers can opt to trek up to the ruins of Landshut Castle. (B,L,D)
- Day 7Fri, Jun 04, 2021TRIER. Enjoy a scenic morning cruise along the Moselle River to Trier, Germany'''s oldest city, where you can discover on a city tour why it has been called the '''Rome of the North''' or '''Second Rome''' as it has impressive Roman relics and nine UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Alternatively, go in search of the secrets of the Porta Nigra Gate on a tour that takes you back to a time when Rome ruled the world from the Emperor'''s seat in Trier. You also have the choice of a bike tour through the historic city center and along the Moselle River; or hike high above Trier to Petrisberg. (B,L,D)
- Day 8Sat, Jun 05, 2021COCHEM. Discover how the castle has been an integral part of the town'''s history, and afterwards, go on a walking tour along Cochem'''s narrow cobblestone streets lined with medieval houses. For a more active excursion, hike to the castle or go on a biking tour along the Moselle River. As an alternative excursion, you can visit one of Europe'''s oldest working mustard mills where you will sample Cochem'''s famous mustard. (B,L,D)
- Day 9Sun, Jun 06, 2021COLOGNE. Join a guided tour through the Old Town and explore the UNESCO-designated cathedral. Continue on to the Cologne Rathaus, Germany'''s oldest town hall, and take in other local sights. For a different view of the city, visit a local tavern to taste its famous K''lsch beer, only made in Cologne, and reibekuchen mit apfelmus, potato pancakes typically served with applesauce. Active adventurists will want to join a guided bike ride along the Rhine. (B,L,D)
- Day 10Mon, Jun 07, 2021AMSTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS.. View Amsterdam on a scenic canal cruise followed by a walk to Begijnhof, known for its Middle Age buildings. Or taste the local flavor on a guided walk past the city'''s iconic canals, gabled houses, narrow bridges and house boats, tasting Dutch specialties at a grand Amsterdam cafe. (B,L,D)
- Day 11Tue, Jun 08, 2021AMSTERDAM ''' DISEMBARKATION. Bid Farewell to Amsterdam and prepare for your flight home. (B)
- SPACIOUS STATEROOMS
- 10 nights luxury accommodation in an outside stateroom (most with twin balconies)
- Computer for internet access
- Entertainment-On-Demand in all staterooms featuring free high-speed internet access, movies, a music library and English language TV stations
- Mini-fridge, desk and sitting area
- Bottled water replenished daily
- AN ARRAY OF AMENITIES
- Wellness Activities with a dedicated Wellness Host leading various exercise classes as well as discussions on healthy eating and relaxation techniques, both on board and on shore.
- Personalized service from a highly trained Cruise Manager during both cruise and land programs
- Internet and Wi-Fi access
- Sun deck pool with swim-up bar and walking track
- Fitness room, massage services and hair salon
- Main Lounge with panoramic views and bar
- Daily entertainment including cultural performances
- AWARD-WINNING DINING
- All onboard dining in a variety of venues
- Regionally inspired cuisine made with locally sourced ingredients
- The Chef'''s Table specialty restaurant
- Welcome Cocktail, Welcome Dinner, La Cha''ne des R''tisseurs Dinner, Captain's Cocktail and Gala Dinner
- La Cha''ne des R''tisseurs exclusive dining experience
- Unlimited fine wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner
- Unlimited sparkling wine and fresh juice with breakfast
- Sip & Sail Cocktail Hour with complimentary wine, beer, spirits and soft drinks
- Tapas, sandwiches, snacks and refreshments served daily in the Main Lounge
- A WORLD OF EXPLORATION
- Immersive tours in every destination
- Gentle, regular, active and late-riser tour options
- Bike tours and hikes
- Special Interest Tours
- Knowledgeable guides
- Personal headset for easy exploration
- Airport transfers with purchase of air from AmaWaterways
- Land Program
- 2 nights hotel in Zurich at the Marriott Zurich(or similar), including city tour and daily breakfast
- Transfer from Zurich to Lucerne via scenic LakeLucerne cruise
- 2 nights hotel in Lucerne at the Hotel SchweizerhofLucerne (or similar), including walking tour, LionMonument and daily breakfast
- Transfer from Lucerne to Basel with highlights tourand then on to the ship
Life on Board
Questions & Answers
Question: Will the day-by-day itinerary change?
Question: In what language is the river cruise conducted?
Similar Itineraries Other Travelers Liked
|May 22, 2021||Avalon Waterways||Vista||12||$4,672|
|May 29, 2021||Avalon Waterways||Panorama||12||$4,684|
|May 29, 2021||AmaWaterways||AmaLucia||11||$4,899|
|Jun 05, 2021||Avalon Waterways||Envision||9||$2,899|
|Jun 05, 2021||Avalon Waterways||Vista||12||$4,684|
Very nice experience. All handled in a professional and courteous manner.
we traveled with another river cruise line several years ago and much prefer ama waterways.
This was my first river cruise, and my only regret is that I've waited as long as I have to do this. The entire AmaWaterways crew -- from the ship captain all the way to the housekeeper -- were outstanding. The ship itself was beautifully decorated for Christmas, and the cabin was well organized and extremely comfortable. I appreciated the variety of available shore excursions, and the local guides were excellent. I'm looking forward to cruising again many times with AmaWaterways.
This was my second trip with Amawaterways and it was just as wonderful as the first. I have actually booked two more with them through Karen at Affordable Tours.
Trip was everything that was expected and more.
We booked the cruise and extensions which was 24 days. Evidentially, this trip could have been booked in segments which we were not aware of as the coming and going of various groups was very strange throughout. We started in Prague, always a great adventure. We were to go to Nuremberg, but due to low water were bused to the ship departure, Vilshofen, with options to hit the first two ports we missed by bus as excursions. Other folks joined from Vienna, a large group came onboard, and we were nearly at max going down the river. All but 18 people left at Budapest, including the Cruise Director. At that point we found out the second portion was a Wine Cruise with a different name, new director, and new passengers came aboard bringing us to capacity once again. So this became two cruises, actually, with totally different passengers on each except the original 18. As we continued for the extension, there were 40 of us until the end in Bucharest. One can see how this was rather disfunctional and more like a train ride with customers joining and departing continuously. Never knew who would be at dinner the next night. This may work from a business point, but very confusing to those that just purchased a single cruise with extensions and enjoyed meeting folks as we sailed down the river. Had I known there would be such a revolving door would have researched better and re-evaluated my choice. AMA, as always did a superb job, but the logistics of this whole adventure must have been a nightmare and stressful for the staff. Vacations need continuity.
We are very pleased with our trip.Morgan gave many options to pick from but, after discussion of the places we wanted to see she help us to narrow our choices.I would recommend Morgan to any of our friends how are planning to travel.
Could not improve on this fabulous tour
The AmaWaterway trip along the Douro - with extensions in Madrid and Lisbon -- provides a wonderful autumn interlude in Iberia. The program is especially strong for the one week spent on the Douro. The programs in Madrid and Lisbon leave a great deal of free time -- good if you can arrange your own meals and excursions, not so good if you like more arranged, especially after long flight to Europe.
I appreciated the tips for preparation before we travelled. The trip exceeded our expectations and was just wonderful! The onboard per person credit was useful for small purchases aboard ship and helped pay gratuities at the end of our cruise.
Everything was first class with lots of attention to detail and the pleasure of the passengers.
This was a vacation of a lifetime! Staff members were courteous, friendly and very helpful with every aspect of the trip. The sites were fabulous! Made many wonderful friends along the way! Would recommend this trip to anyone! Many beautiful memories were made!
Our cruise was excellent. A perfect choice for us.
Vince is my agent that tends to my wife and myself's travel desires. He is the most accommodating person with the company providing an extremely competitive competitive rate.
All the arrangements were made through Affordable Tours and everything went as planned.