Medieval Treasures Cruise Land Forward
Medieval Treasures Cruise Land Forward
Starts: Zurich, Switzerland on Fri, Aug 27, 2021
Ends: Prague, Czech Republic on Fri, Sep 10, 2021
Please see below brochure cabin pricing
We have the best value and service on AmaWaterways River Cruises
$100 per person Military Service Member Savings
$100 per person Military Service Member Savings
Military discount is $100 [C$120] off per person, applicable to cruise only, and is valid on new bookings only. Must be active military or retired with valid military ID. Offer is combinable with other promotions and discounts available at the time of booking. Offer is limited to availability, capacity controlled and subject to change or termination without notice. Other restrictions apply. Registration as a seller of travel does not constitute approval by the State of California.
We Are Committed To:
When you book a trip with us, whether it's halfway around the world or in your own backyard, you can rest assured that you'll benefit from our vast experience in the travel industry, our award winning service, low prices, and client satisfaction.Read More
2 nights in Zurich, 2 nights in Lucerne followed by an enchanting 7-night cruise from Basel to Nuremberg and 3 nights in Prague
- Day 1Fri, Aug 27, 2021ARRIVE IN ZURICH, SWITZERLAND. Arrive in Zurich and check into your hotel.
- Day 2Sat, Aug 28, 2021ZURICH. Set alongside a glistening lake and framed by the Alps, Switzerland'''s largest city, Zurich, seamlessly blends its historic past with its progressive future'''all of which will be on full display during your city tour. (B)
- Day 3Sun, Aug 29, 2021ZURICH ''' LUCERNE. Check out of your hotel and transfer to Lucerne, where you'''ll enjoy a cruise across the tranquil waters of Lake Lucerne. (B)
- Day 4Mon, Aug 30, 2021LUCERNE. Discover Lucerne's unrivaled beauty on a walking tour that includes the spectacular medieval walls and towers, dating back to the 13th century, as well as a visit to the iconic Lion Monument, sculpted in memory of the Swiss Guards massacred during the French Revolution. (B)
- Day 5Tue, Aug 31, 2021LUCERNE ''' BASEL ''' EMBARKATION. Check out of your hotel and head to Basel. Before boarding the ship, you'''ll go on a highlights tour of the city. (B,D)
- Day 6Wed, Sep 01, 2021STRASBOURG, FRANCE. Capital of Alsace, Strasbourg is beloved for its wine culture and enchanting 16th- and 17th-century half-timbered houses, which line La Petite France quarter on the banks of the Grand ''le (Grand Island), a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Join a tour of the city that takes you past the stunning Parc de l'''Orangerie, the European Parliament and the Place de la R''publique and then walk through the iconic '''La Petite France''' district, which appears to have been lifted straight from the pages of a fairytale. Wander through these charming streets and past the Cath''drale de N''tre Dame with its famous astronomical clock. Alternatively, the active adventurer can go on a guided bike tour. (B,L,D)
- Day 7Thu, Sep 02, 2021LUDWIGSHAFEN, GERMANY ''' R''DESHEIM. Ludwigshafen is your gateway to a choice of three excursions. Visit the Mannheim Baroque Palace'''one of the largest palaces in Europe, which is furnished with over 800 exhibits, recreating its bygone grandeur. Alternatively, join a walking tour of one of Germany'''s oldest cities, Speyer, known for the largest Romanesque cathedral in Europe and a UNESCO World Heritage Site; its crypt contains the tomb of eight German emperors and kings. Speyer is also home to the medieval Altp''rtel, Old Gate. Or, if you prefer a more modern view of Speyer, you can visit the intriguing Speyer Technical Museum. Later in the day, sail to R''desheim, where you'''ll be treated to a wine tasting. (B,L,D)
- Day 8Fri, Sep 03, 2021R''DESHEIM. Continue your exploration of R''desheim with a choice of excursions. Those who fancy a more whimsical adventure will want to visit Siegfried'''s Mechanical Musical Instrument Museum. For an adventure of a different kind, soar over the vineyards of R''desheim on a gondola to the Niederwald Monument; or opt to take a hike through the vineyards. (B,L,D)
- Day 9Sat, Sep 04, 2021MILTENBERG ''' WERTHEIM. Enjoy a scenic cruise to Miltenberg, the '''Pearl of the Main River.''' While on your walking tour, you'''ll discover why this medieval town seems to leap from the pages of a fairytale with its 14th- and 15th-century half-timbered, gabled houses; the famed Crooked House; and the venerable Royal Inn, which has been a working hotel since the 17th century. For those who would like a more active adventure, hike to the Miltenberg Castle, offering majestic views of the town and river; or go on a guided bike ride along the Main River. Or you can taste local specialties on a '''Flavors of Miltenberg''' tour. Later in the day, set sail for Wertheim, considered to have one of Germany'''s most beautiful city centers with precious half-timbered houses. While here, join a walking tour, hike to the impressive stone ruins of Wertheim Castle or go to a pretzel bakery for a delicious tasting. (B,L,D)
- Day 10Sun, Sep 05, 2021KITZINGEN''' VOLKACH. There are several choices of excursions, depending on your interests. You can go to W''rzburg, a beautiful city bursting with Baroque splendor. While here, visit its crown jewel, the Baroque Residenz Palace, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that features an opulent interior, including a grand fresco by Tiepolo. Alternatively, you can take a trip through a thousand years of history while in Rothenburg, Germany'''s best-preserved walled town located on the Romantic Road. Interestingly, the imagery of Walt Disney'''s Pinocchio was very much influenced by sketches of Rothenburg. Or for a more active excursion, go on a bike tour from Kitzengen to Volkach. (B,L,D)
- Day 11Mon, Sep 06, 2021BAMBERG. Explore enchanting Bamberg, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, in one of three ways. Join a guided walking tour of this medieval gem where you'''ll see its cathedral, Old Town Hall and elegant old mansions. Or taste your way through the city sampling smoked beer, licorice root and Hornla pastry, a local favorite dating back to 1427. And for those wishing to explore the town more actively, hop on a bike for a guided bike tour along the Main River from Eltmann and to Bamberg'''s quirky quarters beyond the town center. (B,L,D)
- Day 12Tue, Sep 07, 2021NUREMBERG ''' DISEMBARKATION ''' PILZEN ''' PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC. Disembark the ship in Nuremberg and enjoy a panoramic tour of the WWII-era city before continuing on to Pilzen, where you'''ll enjoy a highlights tour. Afterward, transfer to Prague. (B)
- Day 13Wed, Sep 08, 2021PRAGUE. Discover fairytale Prague via a city tour or a hike. Both will reveal why Prague is considered one of Europe'''s most attractive and vibrant cities, with a historic city center that'''s recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. See all the key highlights, including the National Museum, Wenceslas Square, the 1,000 year-old Prague Castle and Old Market Square, home to the Astronomical Clock. (B)
- Day 14Thu, Sep 09, 2021PRAGUE. Beer has a long and illustrious history in the Czech Republic, so join a tasting and discover some of the very best beer in the world. (B)
- Day 15Fri, Sep 10, 2021DEPART PRAGUE. Bid farewell to Prague and prepare for your homeward flight. (B)
- SPACIOUS STATEROOMS
- 7 nights luxury accommodation in an outside stateroom (most with French balconies)
- Computer for internet access
- Entertainment-On-Demand in all staterooms featuring free high-speed internet access, movies, a music library and English language TV stations
- Desk and sitting area
- Bottled water replenished daily
- AN ARRAY OF AMENITIES
- Wellness Activities with a dedicated Wellness Host leading various exercise classes as well as discussions on healthy eating and relaxation techniques, both on board and on shore.
- Personalized service from a highly trained Cruise Manager during both cruise and land programs
- Internet and Wi-Fi access
- Sun deck whirlpool and walking track
- Fitness room, massage services and hair salon
- Main Lounge with panoramic views and bar
- Daily entertainment including cultural performances
- AWARD-WINNING DINING
- All onboard dining in a variety of venues
- Regionally inspired cuisine made with locally sourced ingredients
- The Chef'''s Table specialty restaurant
- Welcome Cocktail, Welcome Dinner, La Cha''ne des R''tisseurs Dinner, Captain's Cocktail and Gala Dinner
- La Cha''ne des R''tisseurs exclusive dining experience
- Unlimited fine wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner
- Unlimited sparkling wine and fresh juice with breakfast
- Tapas, sandwiches, snacks and refreshments served daily in the Main Lounge
- Sip & Sail Cocktail Hour with complimentary wine, beer, spirits and soft drinks
- A WORLD OF EXPLORATION
- Immersive tours in every destination
- Gentle, regular, active and late-riser tour options
- Bike tours and hikes
- Special Interest Tours
- Knowledgeable guides
- Personal headset for easy exploration
- Airport transfers with purchase of air from AmaWaterways
- Land Program
- 2 nights hotel in Zurich at the Zurich Marriott Hotel(or similar), including city tour and daily breakfasttour, Lion Monument and daily breakfast and daily breakfast
- Transfer from Zurich to Lucerne via scenic LakeLucerne cruise
- 2 nights hotel in Lucerne at the Hotel SchweizerhofLucerne (or similar), including walking tour, LionMonument and daily breakfast
- Transfer from Lucerne to Basel with highlightstour and then on to the ship
- Transfer from the ship in Nuremberg to Prague viaPilzen with highlights tour
- 3 nights hotel in Prague at the Marriott Prague(or similar), including city tour, Czech beer tastingand daily breakfast
Life on Board
Questions & Answers
Question: Will the day-by-day itinerary change?
Question: In what language is the river cruise conducted?
This was my first river cruise, and my only regret is that I've waited as long as I have to do this. The entire AmaWaterways crew -- from the ship captain all the way to the housekeeper -- were outstanding. The ship itself was beautifully decorated for Christmas, and the cabin was well organized and extremely comfortable. I appreciated the variety of available shore excursions, and the local guides were excellent. I'm looking forward to cruising again many times with AmaWaterways.
AmaWaterways provided a wonderful experience - the food, the staff, the excursions and the ship were all top notch!
Food choices and flavors were excellent. Boat decor was upscale and clean. Staff was cheerful efficient and very pleasant. Shore excursions were well managed and local guides excellent. All in all a wonderful cruise experience.
Enjoyed this River Cruise -- will probably do another one!