Magna On The Danube Cruise Only Forward
Magna On The Danube Cruise Only Forward
Starts: Budapest, Hungary on Wed, Mar 24, 2021
Ends: Vilshofen, Germany on Wed, Mar 31, 2021
Please see below brochure cabin pricing
We have the best value and service on AmaWaterways River Cruises
$100 per person Military Service Member Savings
$100 per person Military Service Member Savings
Military discount is $100 [C$120] off per person, applicable to cruise only, and is valid on new bookings only. Must be active military or retired with valid military ID. Offer is combinable with other promotions and discounts available at the time of booking. Offer is limited to availability, capacity controlled and subject to change or termination without notice. Other restrictions apply. Registration as a seller of travel does not constitute approval by the State of California.
We Are Committed To:
When you book a trip with us, whether it's halfway around the world or in your own backyard, you can rest assured that you'll benefit from our vast experience in the travel industry, our award winning service, low prices, and client satisfaction.Read More
2 nights Budapest, 7-night cruise from Budapest to Passau and 3 nights in Prague
- Day 1Wed, Mar 24, 2021EMBARKATION ''' BUDAPEST, HUNGARY. Board the ultra-luxurious AmaMagna and settle into your stateroom. (B,D)
- Day 2Thu, Mar 25, 2021BUDAPEST. Budapest offers an unmatched combination of culture and tradition. Visit the Great Market Hall before going to both the Buda (hilly) and the Pest (flat) sides of the river. You'''ll see Heroes''' Square and Castle Hill, home to the Fisherman'''s Bastion and Mattias Church. As an alternative, hike up to Castle Hill for breathtaking views of the city. During the afternoon, sail out of Budapest, passing through the scenic Danube Bend where you'''ll see some of Hungary'''s oldest settlements, including Esztergom, Visegr''d and Szentendre. (B,L,D)
- Day 3Fri, Mar 26, 2021BRATISLAVA, SLOVAKIA. Host to the crowning ceremonies of 11 Hungarian kings and queens between 1536 and 1830, Bratislava certainly has earned the title '''Coronation City of Kings,''' as you'''ll discover during your walking tour. Or join a special '''Tastes of Slovakia''' tour. For a more active adventure, hike to Bratislava'''s gleaming castle. (B,L,D)
- Day 4Sat, Mar 27, 2021VIENNA, AUSTRIA. Vienna offers a wealth of gems and your city tour showcases its regal splendors, including the majestic Opera House and the former Imperial Palace of the Habsburgs. Conclude your tour in Vienna'''s historic city center, and then visit St. Stephen'''s Cathedral; or discover Vienna by bike. During the afternoon, visit the UNESCO-designated Sch''nbrunn Palace and Gardens, the main summer residence of the Habsburg rulers. Built in the 18th century as an imperial summer residence, this magnificent 1,441-room Baroque palace is one of the most important architectural, cultural and historical monuments in Austria. (B,L,D)
- Day 5Sun, Mar 28, 2021KREMS, AUSTRIA ''' SPITZ, AUSTRIA. Krems, gateway to the UNESCO-designated Wachau Valley, is your starting point for a visit to the lovely Baroque village of D''rnstein. Stroll along D''rnstein'''s cobblestone streets to the Baroque Stiftskirche, with its famed church tower on a walking tour. For a more culinary-focused experience in D''rnstein, enjoy an apricot liqueur and brandy tasting and special apricot treats from a local boutique. Those who wish a more active adventure of the area can hike to historic D''rnstein Fortress or cycle from Krems to D''rnstein and back for lunch. During the afternoon, cruise through the vineyard-rich Wachau Valley'''one of the most beautiful river valleys in Europe, where some of Austria'''s finest white wines are produced'''to Spitz. Once in Spitz, you can visit the 900-year-old Melk Abbey situated high atop the granite cliffs of the Danube; or get active with either a Spitz- Emmersdorf-Spitz bike tour or hiking adventure. During the evening, be treated to an exclusive wine experience where you'''ll enjoy some of the regions famous wines, including Gr''ner Veltliner and Riesling. (B,L,D)
- Day 6Mon, Mar 29, 2021LINZ, AUSTRIA. Join a walking tour through the old city center of Linz and by the Mozart House; or bike along the city'''s famed '''Cultural Mile''' and the Danube. For those who love The Sound of Music, enjoy a full-day excursion to Salzburg and tour the historic center, Mirabell Gardens, Residenz Square and the Old Market. En route to Salzburg, stop at Mondsee, home of the Basilica St. Michael, where the famous wedding scene in the movie was filmed. In the afternoon, you can visit the charming Czech mountain town of ''esk'' Krumlov. (B,L,D)
- Day 7Tue, Mar 30, 2021PASSAU, GERMANY - VILSHOFEN, GERMANY. Join a walking tour and marvel at Passau's Gothic and Italian Baroque architecture and St. Stephen'''s Cathedral. Or take a guided hike up to the Veste Oberhaus fortress. You can also ride to Wernstein on a guided bike tour. Later in the day, sail to the charming town of Vilshofen, where you'''ll be treated to a festive Bavarian Oktoberfest celebration complete with music, beer and pretzels. (B,L,D)
- Day 8Wed, Mar 31, 2021VILSHOFEN ''' DISEMBARKATION. Bid farewell to the ship and prepare for your flight home. (B)
- SPACIOUS STATEROOMS
- 7 nights luxury accommodation in an outside stateroom (most with twin balconies)
- Computer for internet access
- Entertainment-On-Demand in all staterooms featuring free high-speed internet access, movies, a music library and English language TV stations
- Mini-fridge, desk and sitting area
- Bottled water replenished daily
- AN ARRAY OF AMENITIES
- Wellness Activities with a dedicated Wellness Host leading various exercise classes as well as discussions on healthy eating and relaxation techniques, both on board and on shore.
- Personalized service from a highly trained Cruise Manager during both cruise and land programs
- Internet and Wi-Fi access
- Sun deck pool with swim-up bar and walking track
- Fitness room
- Main Lounge with panoramic views and bar
- Bottled water in every stateroom replenished daily
- Daily entertainment including cultural performances
- AWARD-WINNING DINING
- All onboard dining in a variety of venues
- Regionally inspired cuisine made with locally sourced ingredients
- The Chef'''s Table specialty restaurant
- Welcome Cocktail, Welcome Dinner, La Cha''ne des R''tisseurs Dinner, Captain's Cocktail and Gala Dinner
- La Cha''ne des R''tisseurs exclusive dining experience
- Unlimited fine wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner
- Unlimited sparkling wine and fresh juice with breakfast
- Sip & Sail Cocktail Hour with complimentary wine, beer, spirits and soft drinks
- Tapas, sandwiches, snacks and refreshments served daily in the Main Lounge
- A WORLD OF EXPLORATION
- Immersive tours in every destination
- Gentle, regular, active and late-riser tour options
- Bike tours and hikes
- Special Interest Tours
- Knowledgeable guides
- Personal headset for easy exploration
- Airport transfers with purchase of air from AmaWaterways
- Land Program
- 2 nights hotel in Budapest at the Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge (or similar), including tour and daily breakfast; and transfer to ship
- Transfer from the ship in Passau to Regensburgwith city tour and then on to Prague
- 3 nights hotel in Prague at the Marriott (or similar),including city tour, Czech beer tasting and dailybreakfast
Life on Board
Questions & Answers
Question: Will the day-by-day itinerary change?
Question: In what language is the river cruise conducted?
Very nice experience. All handled in a professional and courteous manner.
we traveled with another river cruise line several years ago and much prefer ama waterways.
This was my first river cruise, and my only regret is that I've waited as long as I have to do this. The entire AmaWaterways crew -- from the ship captain all the way to the housekeeper -- were outstanding. The ship itself was beautifully decorated for Christmas, and the cabin was well organized and extremely comfortable. I appreciated the variety of available shore excursions, and the local guides were excellent. I'm looking forward to cruising again many times with AmaWaterways.
This was my second trip with Amawaterways and it was just as wonderful as the first. I have actually booked two more with them through Karen at Affordable Tours.
Trip was everything that was expected and more.
We booked the cruise and extensions which was 24 days. Evidentially, this trip could have been booked in segments which we were not aware of as the coming and going of various groups was very strange throughout. We started in Prague, always a great adventure. We were to go to Nuremberg, but due to low water were bused to the ship departure, Vilshofen, with options to hit the first two ports we missed by bus as excursions. Other folks joined from Vienna, a large group came onboard, and we were nearly at max going down the river. All but 18 people left at Budapest, including the Cruise Director. At that point we found out the second portion was a Wine Cruise with a different name, new director, and new passengers came aboard bringing us to capacity once again. So this became two cruises, actually, with totally different passengers on each except the original 18. As we continued for the extension, there were 40 of us until the end in Bucharest. One can see how this was rather disfunctional and more like a train ride with customers joining and departing continuously. Never knew who would be at dinner the next night. This may work from a business point, but very confusing to those that just purchased a single cruise with extensions and enjoyed meeting folks as we sailed down the river. Had I known there would be such a revolving door would have researched better and re-evaluated my choice. AMA, as always did a superb job, but the logistics of this whole adventure must have been a nightmare and stressful for the staff. Vacations need continuity.
We are very pleased with our trip.Morgan gave many options to pick from but, after discussion of the places we wanted to see she help us to narrow our choices.I would recommend Morgan to any of our friends how are planning to travel.
Could not improve on this fabulous tour
The AmaWaterway trip along the Douro - with extensions in Madrid and Lisbon -- provides a wonderful autumn interlude in Iberia. The program is especially strong for the one week spent on the Douro. The programs in Madrid and Lisbon leave a great deal of free time -- good if you can arrange your own meals and excursions, not so good if you like more arranged, especially after long flight to Europe.
I appreciated the tips for preparation before we travelled. The trip exceeded our expectations and was just wonderful! The onboard per person credit was useful for small purchases aboard ship and helped pay gratuities at the end of our cruise.
Everything was first class with lots of attention to detail and the pleasure of the passengers.
This was a vacation of a lifetime! Staff members were courteous, friendly and very helpful with every aspect of the trip. The sites were fabulous! Made many wonderful friends along the way! Would recommend this trip to anyone! Many beautiful memories were made!
Our cruise was excellent. A perfect choice for us.
Vince is my agent that tends to my wife and myself's travel desires. He is the most accommodating person with the company providing an extremely competitive competitive rate.
All the arrangements were made through Affordable Tours and everything went as planned.