Europe's Rivers & Castles Cruise Land Forward
Europe's Rivers & Castles Cruise Land Forward
Starts: Prague, Czech Republic on Sat, May 15, 2021
Ends: Paris, France on Fri, May 28, 2021
Please see below brochure cabin pricing
We have the best value and service on AmaWaterways River Cruises
$100 per person Military Service Member Savings
$100 per person Military Service Member Savings
Military discount is $100 [C$120] off per person, applicable to cruise only, and is valid on new bookings only. Must be active military or retired with valid military ID. Offer is combinable with other promotions and discounts available at the time of booking. Offer is limited to availability, capacity controlled and subject to change or termination without notice. Other restrictions apply. Registration as a seller of travel does not constitute approval by the State of California.
We Are Committed To:
When you book a trip with us, whether it's halfway around the world or in your own backyard, you can rest assured that you'll benefit from our vast experience in the travel industry, our award winning service, low prices, and client satisfaction.Read More
3 nights in Prague, 7-night cruise from Nuremberg to Luxembourg and 3 nights in Paris
- Day 1Sat, May 15, 2021ARRIVE PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC. Arrive in Prague and check into your hotel.
- Day 2Sun, May 16, 2021PRAGUE. Discover fairytale Prague via a city tour or a hike. Both will reveal why Prague is considered one of Europe'''s most attractive and vibrant cities, with a historic city center that'''s recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. (B)
- Day 3Mon, May 17, 2021PRAGUE. Beer has a long and illustrious history in the Czech Republic, so join a tasting and discover some of the very best beer in the world. (B)
- Day 4Tue, May 18, 2021PRAGUE ''' NUREMBERG, GERMANY ''' EMBARKATION. Depart Prague and drive through the pastoral German countryside for a city tour of Nuremberg'''s fabulous Gothic churches and impressive city walls. Later in the day, board your luxurious ship. (B,D)
- Day 5Wed, May 19, 2021BAMBERG. Bamberg has been referred to as '''Franconian Rome''' as, like Rome, it was built on seven hills'''but in Bamberg, a church graces each one. Bamberg'''s medieval and Baroque architecture has withstood the test of time and, as such, became a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Join a guided walking tour of this medieval gem where you'''ll see its cathedral, Old Town Hall and elegant old mansions, and afterwards, indulge in the town'''s famous smoked beer, Rauchbier. Alternatively, enjoy a bike tour through Bamberg and follow your knowledgeable guide along the river to the enchanting winemaking town of Eltmann. (B,L,D)
- Day 6Thu, May 20, 2021W''RZBURG. Go on a full-day excursion to Rothenburg, Germany'''s best-preserved walled town located on the Romantic Road. For those not going to Rothenburg, enjoy a city tour of W''rzburg, a bursting with Baroque splendor. Or visit W''rzburg'''s Baroque Residenz Palace, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that features an opulent interior, including a grand fresco by Tiepolo. As an alternative to the walking tour and the palace visit, the more active guest may choose to venture high above the town for a hike to Marienberg Fortress, which dominates the city. (B,L,D)
- Day 7Fri, May 21, 2021WERTHEIM. Wertheim'''s old town center still features half-timbered houses and the Gothic architecture of the Stiftskirche, its oldest Protestant church. You may either join a guided walking tour through the historic city center or learn the art of pretzel making with a visit to a local bakery. For those seeking a more active adventure, take a scenic bike ride through the Main River Valley or hike high above the town for a visit to the castle, one of the most picturesque ruins in Germany. (B,L,D)
- Day 8Sat, May 22, 2021R''DESHEIM ''' RHINE GORGE ''' LAHNSTEIN. Arrive in R''desheim, where you can visit Siegfried'''s Mechanical Musical Instrument Museum, or take a ride over the vineyards of R''desheim in a gondola to the Niederwald Monument, and then afterwards be treated to a wine tasting. You may also hike through a R''desheim vineyard. Another choice today is to take a guided bike tour along the Rhine Valley, riding between the Rheingau hills and the Rhine River. Later in the day, set sail towards Lahnstein through the Rhine River Gorge, famous for its beautiful and imposing castles. Cap the day off with a visit to Lahneck Castle. (B,L,D)
- Day 9Sun, May 23, 2021COCHEM ''' ZELL. Wake up in fairytale Cochem and visit the Reichsburg Castle followed by a walking tour. As an alternative, visit one of Europe'''s oldest working mustard mills where you will sample Cochem'''s famous mustard. You may also opt to take a guided bike tour along the captivating Moselle River or a hike to Reichsburg Castle. Later, cruise to Zell, famous for its Riesling and the well-known arched black cat icon, often seen on the labels of local German wines. Experience the hospitality of the citizens of Zell, including the local Wine Queen and Mayor, at an exclusive wine festival where you'''ll sample local wines, sausages and more. (B,L,D)
- Day 10Mon, May 24, 2021TRIER. Enjoy a scenic cruise along the Moselle to Trier, Germany'''s oldest city, renowned for its rich ancient Roman past, and referred to as the '''Rome of the North''' or '''Second Rome''' as it has impressive Roman relics and nine UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Join a guided tour of the city, including the old Roman amphitheater, Roman Baths and Basilica of Constantine. Alternatively, go in search of the secrets of the Porta Nigra Gate, dating back to 180 A.D., on a tour that takes you back to a time when Rome ruled the world from the Emperor'''s seat in Trier. You also have the choice of a bike tour through the historic city center and along the Moselle River; or hike high above Trier to Petrisberg. (B,L,D)
- Day 11Tue, May 25, 2021LUXEMBOURG ''' DISEMBARKATION ''' PARIS, FRANCE. Disembark in Luxembourg. En route to Paris, you will stop at the American Cemetery and Memorial, the final resting place of General George Patton. Later, you will enjoy a walking tour through Luxembourg before boarding a TGV high-speed train to Paris, where you will check into your hotel. (B)
- Day 12Wed, May 26, 2021PARIS. Enjoy a tour of Paris, taking in all its iconic sites, including the Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triomphe, the Champs-''lys''es and Place de la Concorde. You'''ll pass the magnificent Op''ra Garnier, the legendary Louvre and, on the Left Bank, the Sorbonne University and the Panth''on. (B)
- Day 13Thu, May 27, 2021PARIS. Enjoy a visit to Montmartre, long known as the city'''s premier artist'''s enclave. During the mid to late 1800s, artists also began calling Montmartre home. Pissarro and Jongkind were two of the first to live there. For easy access to Montmartre, you'''ll hop aboard the funicular railroad that ascends the hill. Montmartre'''s most recognizable landmark is the Basilica du Sacr''-Coeur, constructed from 1876 to 1912. The white dome of this Roman Catholic basilica sits at the highest point in the city. After your visit to Montmartre, you'''ll be taken on an illumination tour, discovering why Paris is renowned as the '''City of Light.''' (B)
- Day 14Fri, May 28, 2021DEPART PARIS. Bid au revoir to Paris as you prepare for your journey home.
- SPACIOUS STATEROOMS
- 7 nights luxury accommodation in an outside stateroom (most with French balconies)
- Computer for internet access
- Entertainment-On-Demand in all staterooms featuring free high-speed internet access, movies, a music library and English language TV stations
- Desk and sitting area
- Bottled water replenished daily
- AN ARRAY OF AMENITIES
- Wellness Activities with a dedicated Wellness Host leading various exercise classes as well as discussions on healthy eating and relaxation techniques, both on board and on shore.
- Personalized service from a highly trained Cruise Manager during both cruise and land programs
- Internet and Wi-Fi access
- Sun deck whirlpool and walking track
- Fitness room, massage services and hair salon
- Main Lounge with panoramic views and bar
- Daily entertainment including cultural performances
- AWARD-WINNING DINING
- All onboard dining in a variety of venues
- Regionally inspired cuisine made with locally sourced ingredients
- The Chef'''s Table specialty restaurant
- Welcome Cocktail, Welcome Dinner, La Cha''ne des R''tisseurs Dinner, Captain's Cocktail and Gala Dinner
- La Cha''ne des R''tisseurs exclusive dining experience
- Unlimited fine wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner
- Unlimited sparkling wine and fresh juice with breakfast
- Sip & Sail Cocktail Hour with complimentary wine, beer, spirits and soft drinks
- Tapas, sandwiches, snacks and refreshments served daily in the Main Lounge
- A WORLD OF EXPLORATION
- Immersive tours in every destination
- Gentle, regular, active and late-riser tour options
- Bike tours and hikes
- Special Interest Tours
- Knowledgeable guides
- Personal headset for easy exploration
- Airport transfers with purchase of air from AmaWaterways
- Land Program
- 3 nights hotel in Prague at the Cosmopolitan HotelPrague (or similar), including city tour, Czech beertasting and daily breakfast
- Transfer from Prague to Nuremberg with city tourof the Nuremberg and then on to the ship
- Transfer from the ship in Luxembourg to Paris via high-speed TGV train
- 3 nights hotel in Paris at the Marriott OperaAmbassador Hotel (or similar), including city tour,Montmartre, illumination tour and daily breakfast
Life on Board
Questions & Answers
Question: Will the day-by-day itinerary change?
Question: In what language is the river cruise conducted?
Similar Itineraries Other Travelers Liked
|May 08, 2021||AmaWaterways||AmaPrima||14||$6,099|
|May 12, 2021||Viking||Viking Alsvin||12||$4,199|
|May 12, 2021||Gate1||Monarch Governess||12||$3,049|
|May 12, 2021||Gate1||Monarch Governess||14||$3,449|
|May 15, 2021||AmaWaterways||AmaPrima||14||$6,199|
This was my first river cruise, and my only regret is that I've waited as long as I have to do this. The entire AmaWaterways crew -- from the ship captain all the way to the housekeeper -- were outstanding. The ship itself was beautifully decorated for Christmas, and the cabin was well organized and extremely comfortable. I appreciated the variety of available shore excursions, and the local guides were excellent. I'm looking forward to cruising again many times with AmaWaterways.
AmaWaterways provided a wonderful experience - the food, the staff, the excursions and the ship were all top notch!
Food choices and flavors were excellent. Boat decor was upscale and clean. Staff was cheerful efficient and very pleasant. Shore excursions were well managed and local guides excellent. All in all a wonderful cruise experience.
Enjoyed this River Cruise -- will probably do another one!