Colors of Provence Cruise Land Forward
Colors of Provence Cruise Land Forward
Starts: Paris, France on Mon, Jun 14, 2021
Ends: Barcelona, Spain on Sun, Jun 27, 2021
Please see below brochure cabin pricing
We have the best value and service on AmaWaterways River Cruises
$100 per person Military Service Member Savings
$100 per person Military Service Member Savings
Military discount is $100 [C$120] off per person, applicable to cruise only, and is valid on new bookings only. Must be active military or retired with valid military ID. Offer is combinable with other promotions and discounts available at the time of booking. Offer is limited to availability, capacity controlled and subject to change or termination without notice. Other restrictions apply. Registration as a seller of travel does not constitute approval by the State of California.
We Are Committed To:
When you book a trip with us, whether it's halfway around the world or in your own backyard, you can rest assured that you'll benefit from our vast experience in the travel industry, our award winning service, low prices, and client satisfaction.Read More
Spend 3 nights in Paris, travel by high-speed TGV train to Lyon, and embark upon an enchanting 7-night cruise through Provence, ending with 3 nights in Barcelona
- Day 1Mon, Jun 14, 2021ARRIVE IN PARIS, FRANCE. Arrive in Paris and check in to your hotel.
- Day 2Tue, Jun 15, 2021PARIS. Enjoy a morning tour taking in the signature sites of Paris, including the awe-inspiring Arc de Triomphe and iconic Eiffel Tower. In the evening, visit Montmartre, long known as the city'''s premier artist's enclave. During the mid to late 1800s, artists also began calling Montmartre home. Pissarro and Jongkind were two of the first to live there, followed by other notable artists, including Edgar Degas, Henri Matisse, Toulouse-Lautrec, Pierre-Auguste Renoir and Pablo Picasso. You'''ll be taken on an evening illumination tour, discovering why Paris is renowned as the '''City of Light.''' (B)
- Day 3Wed, Jun 16, 2021PARIS. Visit the Atelier des Lumi''res where you'''ll be treated to an immersive digital experience with art, sound and history displayed throughout the various rooms and walls of the formerly 18th-century steel factory building. (B)
- Day 4Thu, Jun 17, 2021PARIS ''' LYON ''' EMBARKATION. Check out of your Paris hotel and head to the train station to board the TGV high-speed train through the French countryside to Lyon. Once in the '''food capital of France,''' marvel at an indoor market hall where you'''ll have a chance to sample of the delicacies offered by butchers, bakers, chocolatiers and cheesemongers while taking in the colorful sights and enticing aromas around you. Afterward, embark the ship in Lyon for your Colors of Provence cruise. (B,D)
- Day 5Fri, Jun 18, 2021LYON. Discover dynamic Lyon, starting in Fourvi''re Hill, part of the city'''s historic region that is now a designated UNESCO World Heritage Site and home to the 19th-century basilica Notre-Dame de Fourvi''re. Continue on to the old town of Lyon, followed by a guided walk through the St. Jean district, where you will be introduced to the city'''s unique covered walkways, known as '''traboules.''' Alternately, join a guided bike tour through the city designed with cyclists in mind. In the afternoon, enjoy the rest of your day at your own leisure to explore the city. (B,L,D)
- Day 6Sat, Jun 19, 2021COLLONGES. Travel to the Beaujolais wine region'''known as the Pays d'''Or or '''land of the golden stones.''' Indulge in a wine tasting at a traditional winery and learn about the history and techniques of their vineyard. After rejoining the ship, you will then sail to Vienne. (B,L,D)
- Day 7Sun, Jun 20, 2021VIENNE ''' TOURNON. Situated between the wine regions of Beaujolais and C''tes du Rh''ne lies Vienne with a Roman past that can be seen in its marvelously preserved ruins. Follow the footsteps of the ancient Romans on a walking tour to see the amazingly well-preserved Augustus and Livia Temple, the Saint Maurice Cathedral, a Gothic church that took more than 500 years to build, and St. Pierre Abbey'''one of the oldest surviving churches in France, and now an Archaeological Museum. For those wishing to be more active, you can either take a guided hike from the ship to the Monastery at Mount Pipet or a guided bike tour along a portion of the ViaRh''na bike route. (B,L,D)
- Day 8Mon, Jun 21, 2021TOURNON. You have a choice of three excursions. Take a train ride past magnificent landscape carved along the Gorge du Doux, stopping at the charming little station of Colombier le Vieux-Saint Barth''lemy le Plain, where the train maneuvers in preparation for its return journey. Alternatively, lovers of wine and chocolate will want to visit Le Ch''teau de Tournon for a presentation and tasting on the pairing of red wine and chocolate. For a more active adventure, take a hike through the vineyards of Tain l'''Hermitage, followed by a visit to a local winery where you'''ll sample some of the wines or cycle through the French countryside. (B,L,D)
- Day 9Tue, Jun 22, 2021TARASCON - ARLES. Proven''al town Tarascon is known for its medieval architecture and charming tales ''' especially the legend of the Tarasque monster. Join a guided walking tour where you'''ll visit the Roman ruins of Arles such as its Roman Amphitheater and the Church of Saint Trophime, famous for its Romanesque architecture. Alternatively, you can enjoy a bike ride along the Rh''ne, through town to the Langlois Bridge, a famous subject from several Vincent Van Gogh paintings. And for those who wish to delve further into Van Gogh'''s Arles, join a special walking tour along with a visit to the Vincent van Gogh Foundation, showcasing his legacy. During the afternoon, you'''ll visit the enchanting medieval fortress, the Castle of Tarascon ''' a fortress designed to protect but surprises all with its elegant interior, fit for royalty. Or, delve deeply into the Carri''res de Lumi''res, where you'''ll be treated to a spectacular presentation of art, sound and history projected on the former limestone quarry walls of caves. Alternately, you can enjoy an excursion to explore the medieval, walled village of Aiges-Mortes. Then, you'll drive to the beautiful Camargue National Park, a protected natural territory that lines the Mediterranean Sea south of Arles. Afterwards, venture to the medieval hilltop village, Les Baux de Provence. In the evening, enjoy an illuminations cruise around Avignon. (B,L,D)
- Day 10Wed, Jun 23, 2021AVIGNON. Depending on your interests, you have three choices of excursions for the morning. Avignon, aptly named the '''City of Popes,''' was the center of the Catholic Church in the 14th century when its '''Palais des Papes''' was the equivalent of today'''s Vatican. Discover the history of Avignon on a guided walking tour that includes the Papal Palace and the well-preserved medieval walls surrounding the historic center of town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You can visit three venues around Avignon to taste regional specialties including macarons, cheese and wine, and tapenades or you can enjoy a bike tour. During the afternoon, you can go to another UNESCO World Heritage Site, the impressive Pont du Gard, a Roman aqueduct that is a masterpiece of ancient engineering. Alternately, you can go to the magnificent hilltop village, Grignan. After visiting this enchanting Proven''al town, go in search of the highly prized '''Black Diamond''' truffles with a farmer and his trustworthy canine companion. (B,L,D)
- Day 11Thu, Jun 24, 2021AVIGNON ''' DISEMBARKATION - BARCELONA. Disembark your ship in Avignon and board the TGV high-speed train to the city that inspired Antoni Gaud'' and is certain to inspire you. (B)
- Day 12Fri, Jun 25, 2021BARCELONA. Barcelona, the bustling capital of Catalonia, is an artist'''s, architect'''s, foodie'''s, historian'''s and culturist'''s dream. Tour the cobblestoned lanes of the Gothic Quarter in the medieval city center and Las Ramblas. See some of Antoni Gaud'''''s imaginative architectural creations, La Sagrada Familia. (B)
- Day 13Sat, Jun 26, 2021BARCELONA. Join an excursion to the mountain Montserrat, which is home to the Benedictine monastery of Santa Maria de Montserrat, located about 30 miles from Barcelona. Once there, you'''ll ride a scenic funicular to the top of the mountain and experience an indescribable view of the Catalonia landscape. The monastery, officially founded in 1025, soon began to receive pilgrims and visitors who contributed to the spread of stories of miracles and wonders performed by the Virgin Mary. The whole of Montserrat is built around facilitating the worship of the Black Madonna in the Basilica. While here, you'''ll see the famous Black Madonna sculpture, which sits at the back of the church, above the altar area. The stairway leading to the statue, plus the room and altar in which the statue sits are ornate, golden and pay tribute to the wonder that is the Virgin herself. (B)
- Day 14Sun, Jun 27, 2021DEPART BARCELONA. Bid farewell to Barcelona and prepare for your homeward flight. (B)
- SPACIOUS STATEROOMS
- 7 nights luxury accommodation in an outside stateroom (most with French balconies)
- Computer for internet access
- Entertainment-On-Demand in all staterooms featuring free high-speed internet access, movies, a music library and English language TV stations
- Desk and sitting area
- Bottled water replenished daily
- AN ARRAY OF AMENITIES
- Wellness Activities with a dedicated Wellness Host leading various exercise classes as well as discussions on healthy eating and relaxation techniques, both on board and on shore.
- Personalized service from a highly trained Cruise Manager during both cruise and land programs
- Internet and Wi-Fi access
- Sun deck whirlpool and walking track
- Fitness room, massage services and hair salon
- Main Lounge with panoramic views and bar
- Daily entertainment including cultural performances
- AWARD-WINNING DINING
- All onboard dining in a variety of venues
- Regionally inspired cuisine made with locally sourced ingredients
- The Chef'''s Table specialty restaurant
- Welcome cocktail, Welcome Dinner, La Cha''ne des R''tisseurs Dinner, Captain's Cocktail and Gala Dinner
- La Cha''ne des R''tisseurs exclusive dining experience
- Unlimited fine wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner
- Unlimited sparkling wine and fresh juice with breakfast
- Tapas, sandwiches, snacks and refreshments served daily in the Main Lounge
- A WORLD OF EXPLORATION
- Immersive tours in every destination
- Gentle, regular, active and late-riser tour options
- Bike tours and hikes
- Special Interest Tours
- Knowledgeable guides
- Personal headset for easy exploration
- Airport transfers with purchase of air from AmaWaterways
- Land Program
- 3 nights hotel in Paris at the RenaissanceArc de Triomphe (or similar), including city tour,Montmartre, illumination tour and daily breakfastd'''Orsay and daily breakfast
- Transfer from the hotel to Lyon via high-speedTGV train
- Transfer from the ship in Arles to N''mes with highlights tour and then high-speed TGV train to Barcelona
- 3 nights hotel in Barcelona at Renaissance Barcelona (or similar), including dailybreakfast
Life on Board
Questions & Answers
Question: Will the day-by-day itinerary change?
Question: In what language is the river cruise conducted?
Similar Itineraries Other Travelers Liked
|Jun 07, 2021||Scenic||Scenic Sapphire||14||$9,095|
|Jun 07, 2021||Scenic||Scenic Diamond||14||$10,090|
|Jun 08, 2021||Avalon Waterways||Poetry II||16||$7,137|
|Jun 08, 2021||Avalon Waterways||Tapestry II||14||$6,302|
|Jun 08, 2021||Avalon Waterways||Poetry II||15||$6,848|
I appreciated the tips for preparation before we travelled. The trip exceeded our expectations and was just wonderful! The onboard per person credit was useful for small purchases aboard ship and helped pay gratuities at the end of our cruise.
Amawaterways is an exceptional company! They went above and beyond when my sister fell and shattered her elbow the day before she, her husband and I were scheduled to start our Rhine River Cruise with Amawaterways in Basal. She and her husband had to remain in Basal so my sister could undergo surgery. I went on the cruise alone. Amawaterways sent their representative to the University Hospital Basal every day of her stay and helped with paperwork and offered much needed advice. In the meantime, the staff and passengers onboard the AmaKristina ensured that I had a wonderful time. A day did not pass that they didn't inquire about my sister's recovery. When she returned home, she received flowers and a lovely note from the company president. Amawaterways is definitely number one in my book.
Staff was wonderful and extremely accommodating Boat was nice very clean and and in good working order Food was good not excellent Service was excellent and chef did accommodate special requests Specialty restaurant food was excellent But can only go once
The staff was so friendly and the made the trip even more enjoyable. The cruise manager, Marc, was amazing!
The entire AMA Waterways Cruise experience was excellent!
The AMA Kristina was a brand new boat and extremely nice. The staff was wonderful as well as the food. We really enjoyed the organization of the tours and the guides were really good.
Great cruise and great time of the year. As expected, some docking spots needed more time to fully appreciate, and others had too much time with too little to see, but the travelers are all different. Wonderful ship and crew, and the food was fantastic. AMA always does a wonderful job and is most attentive to their travelers. On the extensions, a city tour is very valuable, but if one does not choose the additional excursions offered, there is way too much free time in cities which offer fewer options to a newcomer on their own. Perhaps include a page of alternate sightseeing options, museums, trip advisor tours or such rather than just "free time" on your own, and meals on your own in a strange city. Once on the extension, we did not see our tour director a great deal even though hours were posted for the table in the lobby. Hotel staff was most helpful in question answering and pulling boarding passes, directions, etc.
AMA Waterways is an excellent provider of high quality river cruises. This was our 4th river cruise with AMA and we are planning number 5. Never a problem, everything works moothly and timely. Cruise managers are truly top quality as well as the local tour guides. I can't say enough positive things about AMA Waterways!