Enchanting Rhine (Wine Cruise) Cruise Land Forward
Enchanting Rhine (Wine Cruise) Cruise Land Forward
Starts: Zurich, Switzerland on Sun, Nov 01, 2020
Ends: Amsterdam, Netherlands on Thu, Nov 12, 2020
Please see below brochure cabin pricing
We have the best value and service on AmaWaterways River Cruises
$100 per person Military Service Member Savings
$100 per person Military Service Member Savings
Military discount is $100 [C$120] off per person, applicable to cruise only, and is valid on new bookings only. Must be active military or retired with valid military ID. Offer is combinable with other promotions and discounts available at the time of booking. Offer is limited to availability, capacity controlled and subject to change or termination without notice. Other restrictions apply. Registration as a seller of travel does not constitute approval by the State of California.
We Are Committed To:
When you book a trip with us, whether it's halfway around the world or in your own backyard, you can rest assured that you'll benefit from our vast experience in the travel industry, our award winning service, low prices, and client satisfaction.Read More
Start with 2 nights in Zurich, 2 nights in Lucerne, and ending with an enchanting 7-night cruise from Basel to Amsterdam.
- Day 1Sun, Nov 01, 2020ARRIVE IN Z''RICH, SWITZERLAND. Arrive in Zurich and check in to your hotel.
- Day 2Mon, Nov 02, 2020ZURICH. Zurich seamlessly blends its historic past with its progressive future'''all of which will be on full display during your city tour. One of the top experiences in Zurich is a visit to Old Town, where you will find yourself among medieval houses and the modern Bahnhofstrasse. You will also see the famous St. Peter Church, featuring the largest church clock face in the world. (B)
- Day 3Tue, Nov 03, 2020ZURICH - LUCERNE. Check out of your hotel and transfer to Lucerne, where you'''ll enjoy a cruise across the tranquil waters of Lake Lucerne. Impressive mountainous panoramas are the backdrop of this lake excursion, with steep and sometimes snow-capped peaks looming over the city, some coming right to the edge of the lake. (B)
- Day 4Wed, Nov 04, 2020LUCERNE. Discover Lucerne's unrivaled beauty on a walking tour that includes the spectacular medieval walls and towers, dating back to the 13th century. (B)
- Day 5Thu, Nov 05, 2020LUCERNE - BASEL - EMBARKATION. Check out of your hotel and visit the iconic Lion Monument, sculpted in memory of the Swiss Guards massacred during the French Revolution. Later, head to Basel. Embark the ship. Tonight, gather on board for a '''Welcome Aboard''' Wine Toast as you commence your wine-themed itinerary through some of Europe'''s most enchanting and historic wine regions. (B,D)
- Day 6Fri, Nov 06, 2020BREISACH, GERMANY. Breisach is your gateway to several different excursions, depending on your interests. Step back in time with a visit to the enchanting Alsatian town of Riquewihr, which looks almost the same as it did in the 16th century. On your walking tour, admire historic architecture as well as famous sights, such as the Dolder Gate. While there, enjoy a visit to a winery for a tasting of locally produced Alsatian wines. Alternatively, you may wish to go to Freiburg, founded in 1120 and home to the Freiburg'''s M''nster, a Gothic cathedral said to have '''the most beautiful spire on earth.''' You'''ll visit a winery where you will have the opportunity to taste their locally produced wines, and then continue with a walking tour. Those wishing a more active excursion can cycle through the scenic countryside; or hike in the Black Forest, a magical land full of cultural traditions, as well as home to elaborate cuckoo clocks, striking half-timber houses, ruined castles and quaint towns. (B,L,D)*Please Note: Black forest hike is weather dependent and may only operate at certain times of year. Please refer to your final documents for details.
- Day 7Sat, Nov 07, 2020STRASBOURG, FRANCE. Strasbourg, the capital city of Alsace, offers flavors of both France and Germany because of its borderline location. Enjoy a panoramic tour past the stunning Parc de l'''Orangerie, the European Parliament and the Place de la R''publique. Then walk through its iconic UNESCO World Heritage '''La Petite France''' district, which appears to have been lifted straight from the pages of a fairytale. Wander through these charming streets and past the Cath''drale de N''tre Dame with its famous astronomical clock. For the active adventurer, you can take a guided bike ride through this captivating city and Parc de l'''Orangerie. Later in the afternoon, be treated to a special Alsatian wine tasting of some of the region'''s most delicious and notable wine. Discover how the Vosges Mountains provide the Alsace with ideal wine making conditions, and as such, Alsatian wines are not only delightful on the palate, but they'''re also highly praised for their fragrant aromas, ranging from bright and fruity to crisp and spicy. (B,L,D)
- Day 8Sun, Nov 08, 2020LUDWIGSHAFEN, GERMANY ''' R''DESHEIM. Ludwigshafen is your gateway to a choice of three excursions. Visit Heidelberg, the perfectly preserved medieval city nestled in the Neckar River Valley along Germany'''s Castle Road. Discover the iconic red sandstone Heidelberg Castle and Great Vat, an 18th-century 49,000-gallon wine cask. For a more active adventure while in Heidelberg, join a guided hike up the Philosopher's Path, aptly named during the Romantic Period, and be rewarded with panoramic views of the city. Alternatively, you can visit one of Germany'''s oldest cities, Speyer, known for the largest Romanesque cathedral in Europe'''a UNESCO World Heritage Site'''and the medieval Altp''rtel, Old Gate. Later in the day, sail to R''desheim where you can visit Siegfried'''s Mechanical Musical Instrument Museum; or taste one of the town'''s special delights, R''desheimer Coffee, ceremoniously made with brandy. (B,L,D)
- Day 9Mon, Nov 09, 2020R''DESHEIM ''' RHINE GORGE. Your exploration of R''desheim continues with your choice of three excursions. Take a gondola ride to the Niederwalddenkmal Statue, where you can enjoy panoramic views of the river. Afterwards, indulge your taste buds with a sampling of Riesling wines in the vineyards. If you prefer a more active adventure, you can join a guided bike ride through the town and along the Rhine River or hike through the town'''s beautiful vineyards. During the afternoon, set sail along the scenic Rhine River Gorge with its fabled legends and many castles to Lahnstein where you'''ll enjoy a visit to Lahneck Castle. (B,L,D)
- Day 10Tue, Nov 10, 2020COLOGNE. Home to one of Germany'''s most revered Gothic masterpieces, the Cologne Cathedral, this 2,000 year-old city is also a bustling cosmopolitan hotspot. Join a guided tour through the enchanting Old Town and explore the UNESCO-designated cathedral, where the remains of the fabled Three Kings'''the Magi''' are believed to rest. Conclude your visit in a local tavern where you'''ll taste K''lsch beer. Alternatively, ride a bike along the Rhine and through the historic Stadtgarten. (B,L,D)
- Day 11Wed, Nov 11, 2020AMSTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS. Amsterdam boasts amazing history, art, architecture, and museums, and you have a choice as to how you wish to explore it. The famous canals of Amsterdam await discovery on your city tour beginning with a scenic canal cruise followed by a walk to Begijnhof, known for its Middle Age buildings. For a different view of the city, you can join a tour of the Jordaan district, famous for its specialty shops, fashion boutiques and restaurants. (B,L,D)*Depending on docking location, Jordaan Tour may not operate; therefore, an alternative tour will operate instead.
- Day 12Thu, Nov 12, 2020AMSTERDAM '''DISEMBARKATION. Bid farewell to Amsterdam as you prepare for your flight home. (B)
- SPACIOUS STATEROOMS
- 7 nights luxury accommodation in an outside stateroom (most with twin balconies)
- Computer for internet access
- Entertainment-On-Demand in all staterooms featuring free high-speed internet access, movies, a music library and English language TV stations
- Mini-fridge, desk and sitting area
- Bottled water replenished daily
- AN ARRAY OF AMENITIES
- Wellness Activities with a dedicated Wellness Host leading various exercise classes as well as discussions on healthy eating and relaxation techniques, both on board and on shore.
- Personalized service from a highly trained Cruise Manager during both cruise and land programs
- Internet and Wi-Fi access
- Sun deck pool with swim-up bar and walking track
- Fitness room, massage services and hair salon
- Main Lounge with panoramic views and bar
- Daily entertainment including cultural performances
- AWARD-WINNING DINING
- All onboard dining in a variety of venues
- Regionally inspired cuisine made with locally sourced ingredients
- The Chef'''s Table specialty restaurant
- Welcome Cocktail, Welcome Dinner, La Cha''ne des R''tisseurs Dinner, Captain's Cocktail and Gala Dinner
- La Cha''ne des R''tisseurs exclusive dining experience
- Unlimited fine wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner
- Unlimited sparkling wine and fresh juice with breakfast
- Sip & Sail Cocktail Hour with complimentary wine, beer, spirits and soft drinks
- Tapas, sandwiches, snacks and refreshments served daily in the Main Lounge
- A WORLD OF EXPLORATION
- Immersive tours in every destination
- Gentle, regular, active and late-riser tour options
- Bike tours and hikes
- Special Interest Tours
- Knowledgeable guides
- Personal headset for easy exploration
- Airport transfers with purchase of air from AmaWaterways
- Land Program
- 2 nights hotel in Zurich at the Marriott Zurich(or similar), including city tour and daily breakfast
- Transfer from the hotel in Zurich to Lucerne withscenic Lake Lucerne cruise and walking tour
- 2 nights hotel in Lucerne at the Hotel SchweizerhofLucerne (or similar), including Lion Monument anddaily breakfast
- Transfer from hotel in Lucerne to ship in Basel withhighlights tour
Life on Board
Questions & Answers
Question: Will the day-by-day itinerary change?
Question: In what language is the river cruise conducted?
Everything was perfect. Hotels booked were excellent, Amadante was perfect, staff always courteous and professional, tours were very informative, but Veronika our Cruise Manager was exceptional.
Our trip with AMAWaterways was close to perfection. Every detail was covered with an exceptional Tour Director and friendly, attentive staff.