Captivating Rhine (Wine Cruise) Cruise Land Forward
Captivating Rhine (Wine Cruise) Cruise Land Forward
Starts: Amsterdam, Netherlands on Sat, Nov 07, 2020
Ends: Zurich, Switzerland on Fri, Nov 20, 2020
Please see below brochure cabin pricing
We have the best value and service on AmaWaterways River Cruises
$100 per person Military Service Member Savings
$100 per person Military Service Member Savings
Military discount is $100 [C$120] off per person, applicable to cruise only, and is valid on new bookings only. Must be active military or retired with valid military ID. Offer is combinable with other promotions and discounts available at the time of booking. Offer is limited to availability, capacity controlled and subject to change or termination without notice. Other restrictions apply. Registration as a seller of travel does not constitute approval by the State of California.
We Are Committed To:
When you book a trip with us, whether it's halfway around the world or in your own backyard, you can rest assured that you'll benefit from our vast experience in the travel industry, our award winning service, low prices, and client satisfaction.Read More
2 nights Amsterdam, 7-night cruise from Amsterdam to Basel, 2 nights in Lucerne and 2 nights in Zurich
- Day 1Sat, Nov 07, 2020AMSTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS. Arrive in Amsterdam and check into your hotel.
- Day 2Sun, Nov 08, 2020AMSTERDAM. Follow your guide through the charming capital of the Netherlands, with its iconic meandering canals, bridges and distinctive architecture. (B)
- Day 3Mon, Nov 09, 2020AMSTERDAM ''' EMBARKATION. Check out of your hotel and, before transferring to your ship, visit Zaanse Schans, observing life as it used to be lived in the Netherlands. Authentic windmills, houses and shops were relocated to this picturesque area, creating a typical 17th- to 18th-century village. (B,D)
- Day 4Tue, Nov 10, 2020AMSTERDAM. There are 165 canals in Amsterdam, and you'''ll get enjoy some of them on your canal cruise. Or enjoy a visit to the spectacular Keukenhof Gardens, which has millions of tulips planted across a 70-acre park. Later in the day, set sail out of Amsterdam. (B,L,D) *Keukenhof Excursion is only operating until Mid-May.
- Day 5Wed, Nov 11, 2020COLOGNE, GERMANY. Enjoy cruising to Cologne. Join a guided tour through the Old Town and explore the UNESCO-designated Cologne Cathedral, one of Germany'''s most revered Gothic masterpieces. Continue to the Cologne Rathaus, Germany'''s oldest town hall, the Overstolzenhaus, and the Festival Hall, and visit a local tavern to taste its famous K''lsch beer, only made in Cologne. Active adventurists will want to join a guided bike ride along the Rhine and through the historic Stadtgarten. (B,L,D)
- Day 6Thu, Nov 12, 2020RHINE GORGE ''' R''DESHEIM. Cruise through the captivating UNESCO-designated Rhine Gorge, the most stunningly beautiful stretch of the river before reaching the winemaking town of R''desheim. Drink up the stunning views by soaring high above the vineyards with a gondola ride to the Niederwalddenkmal Statue and afterwards be treated to a wine tasting. For a more active adventure, hike through the town'''s beautiful vineyards or join a guided bike tour along the Rhine Valley, riding between the Rheingau hills and the Rhine River, both followed by wine tastings. Later in the day, let Siegfried'''s Mechanical Music Museum charm you with its remarkable collection of self-playing musical instruments; or taste one of the town'''s special delights, R''desheimer Coffee, ceremoniously made with brandy, coffee and whipped cream. (B,L,D)
- Day 7Fri, Nov 13, 2020LUDWIGSHAFEN. Ludwigshafen is your gateway to a choice of four excursions. Visit Heidelberg, the perfectly preserved medieval city nestled in the Neckar River Valley along Germany'''s Castle Road. Discover the iconic red sandstone Heidelberg Castle and Great Vat, an 18th-century, 49,000-gallon wine cask. For a more active adventure while in Heidelberg, join a guided hike up the Philosopher'''s Path, aptly named during the Romantic Period, and enjoy panoramic views of the city; or bike along the Neckar River to the medieval town of Ladenburg, with its shops and quaint Marktplatz. Alternatively, you can visit one of Germany'''s oldest cities, Speyer, known for the largest Romanesque cathedral in Europe'''a UNESCO World Heritage Site'''and the medieval Old Gate, Altp''rtel. (B,L,D)
- Day 8Sat, Nov 14, 2020STRASBOURG, FRANCE. Strasbourg offers flavors of both France and Germany because of its borderline location. Enjoy a panoramic tour past the stunning Parc de l'''Orangerie, the European Parliament and the Place de la R''publique before walking through its iconic '''La Petite France''' district, lifted straight from the pages of a fairytale. Wander through charming streets past the Cath''drale de N''tre Dame with its famous astronomical clock. Alternatively, take a guided bike ride through the city and Parc de l'''Orangerie. Later, discover the fragrant aromas, ranging from bright and fruity to crisp and spicy, of Alsatian wines a special tasting. (B,L,D)
- Day 9Sun, Nov 15, 2020BREISACH, GERMANY. Breisach is your gateway to several different excursions. Step back in time with a visit to the enchanting Alsatian town of Riquewihr, which looks almost the same as it did in the 16th century. On your walking tour, admire historic architecture and famous sights, such as the Dolder Gate, and enjoy a visit to a winery for a tasting of locally produced Alsatian wines. Alternatively, head to Freiburg, founded in 1120 and home to the Freiburg'''s M''nster, a Gothic cathedral said to have '''the most beautiful spire on earth,''' followed by a wine tasting. Those wishing a more active excursion can cycle through the countryside, or hike in the Black Forest*, a magical land full of cultural traditions. (B,L,D) *Please Note: Black forest hike is weather dependent and may only operate at certain times of year. Please refer to your final documents for details.
- Day 10Mon, Nov 16, 2020BASEL, SWITZERLAND ''' DISEMBARKATION ''' LUCERNE. Disembark the ship and, before transferring to Lucerne, go on a highlights tour of Basel. Once in Lucerne, visit the iconic Lion Monument, sculpted in memory of the Swiss Guards massacred during the French Revolution. Later, check into your hotel and enjoy a leisurely evening. (B)
- Day 11Tue, Nov 17, 2020LUCERNE. Enjoy free time to discover Lucerne'''s spectacular medieval walls and towers, dating back to the 13th century. There are a total of nine towers, including one featuring the oldest clock in the city. (B)
- Day 12Wed, Nov 18, 2020LUCERNE - ZURICH. Check out of your hotel and enjoy a scenic lake cruise in Lucerne before transferring via motorcoach to Zurich, traveling past scenic landscapes and Alpine lakes. Later, check into your hotel. (B)
- Day 13Thu, Nov 19, 2020ZURICH. Switzerland'''s largest city seamlessly blends its historic past with its progressive future'''all of which will be on full display during your city tour. One of the top experiences in Zurich is a visit to Old Town where you will find yourself amongst medieval houses, churches and the modern Bahnhofstrasse. (B)
- Day 14Fri, Nov 20, 2020DEPART ZURICH. After breakfast, bid farewell to Switzerland and prepare for your return flight home. (B)
- SPACIOUS STATEROOMS
- 7 nights luxury accommodation in an outside stateroom (most with twin balconies)
- Computer for internet access
- Entertainment-On-Demand in all staterooms featuring free high-speed internet access, movies, a music library and English language TV stations
- Mini-fridge, desk and sitting area
- Bottled water replenished daily
- AN ARRAY OF AMENITIES
- Wellness Activities with a dedicated Wellness Host leading various exercise classes as well as discussions on healthy eating and relaxation techniques, both on board and on shore.
- Personalized service from a highly trained Cruise Manager during both cruise and land programs
- Internet and Wi-Fi access
- Sun deck pool with swim-up bar and walking track
- Fitness room, massage services and hair salon
- Main Lounge with panoramic views and bar
- Daily entertainment including cultural performances
- AWARD-WINNING DINING
- All onboard dining in a variety of venues
- Regionally inspired cuisine made with locally sourced ingredients
- The Chef'''s Table specialty restaurant
- Welcome Cocktail, Welcome Dinner, La Cha''ne des R''tisseurs Dinner, Captain's Cocktail and Gala Dinner
- La Cha''ne des R''tisseurs exclusive dining experience
- Unlimited fine wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner
- Unlimited sparkling wine and fresh juice with breakfast
- Sip & Sail Cocktail Hour with complimentary wine, beer, spirits and soft drinks
- Tapas, sandwiches, snacks and refreshments served daily in the Main Lounge
- A WORLD OF EXPLORATION
- Immersive tours in every destination
- Gentle, regular, active and late-riser tour options
- Bike tours and hikes
- Special Interest Tours
- Knowledgeable guides
- Personal headset for easy exploration
- Airport transfers with purchase of air from AmaWaterways
- Land Program
- 2 nights hotel in Amsterdam at the Barbizon Palace or Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky Hotels (or similar), including walking tour, Zaanse Schans visit and daily breakfast
- Transfer from the ship in Basel to Lucerne withBasel city tour en route
- 2 nights hotel in Lucerne at the Hotel SchweizerhofLucerne (or similar), including walking tour, LionMonument and daily breakfast
- Transfer from the hotel in Lucerne to Zurich withscenic Lake Lucerne cruise
- 2 nights hotel in Zurich at the Hotel Marriott Zurich(or similar), including city tour and daily breakfast
Life on Board
Questions & Answers
Question: Will the day-by-day itinerary change?
Question: In what language is the river cruise conducted?
Similar Itineraries Other Travelers Liked
|Nov 04, 2020||Scenic||Scenic Crystal||15||$6,795|
|Nov 04, 2020||Avalon Waterways||Tranquility II||14||$4,299|
|Nov 04, 2020||Avalon Waterways||Tranquility II||12||$3,721|
|Nov 06, 2020||AmaWaterways||AmaMora||14||$5,519|
|Nov 07, 2020||AmaWaterways||AmaKristina||14||$5,519|
I appreciated the tips for preparation before we travelled. The trip exceeded our expectations and was just wonderful! The onboard per person credit was useful for small purchases aboard ship and helped pay gratuities at the end of our cruise.
Amawaterways is an exceptional company! They went above and beyond when my sister fell and shattered her elbow the day before she, her husband and I were scheduled to start our Rhine River Cruise with Amawaterways in Basal. She and her husband had to remain in Basal so my sister could undergo surgery. I went on the cruise alone. Amawaterways sent their representative to the University Hospital Basal every day of her stay and helped with paperwork and offered much needed advice. In the meantime, the staff and passengers onboard the AmaKristina ensured that I had a wonderful time. A day did not pass that they didn't inquire about my sister's recovery. When she returned home, she received flowers and a lovely note from the company president. Amawaterways is definitely number one in my book.
Staff was wonderful and extremely accommodating Boat was nice very clean and and in good working order Food was good not excellent Service was excellent and chef did accommodate special requests Specialty restaurant food was excellent But can only go once
The staff was so friendly and the made the trip even more enjoyable. The cruise manager, Marc, was amazing!
The entire AMA Waterways Cruise experience was excellent!
The AMA Kristina was a brand new boat and extremely nice. The staff was wonderful as well as the food. We really enjoyed the organization of the tours and the guides were really good.
Great cruise and great time of the year. As expected, some docking spots needed more time to fully appreciate, and others had too much time with too little to see, but the travelers are all different. Wonderful ship and crew, and the food was fantastic. AMA always does a wonderful job and is most attentive to their travelers. On the extensions, a city tour is very valuable, but if one does not choose the additional excursions offered, there is way too much free time in cities which offer fewer options to a newcomer on their own. Perhaps include a page of alternate sightseeing options, museums, trip advisor tours or such rather than just "free time" on your own, and meals on your own in a strange city. Once on the extension, we did not see our tour director a great deal even though hours were posted for the table in the lobby. Hotel staff was most helpful in question answering and pulling boarding passes, directions, etc.
AMA Waterways is an excellent provider of high quality river cruises. This was our 4th river cruise with AMA and we are planning number 5. Never a problem, everything works moothly and timely. Cruise managers are truly top quality as well as the local tour guides. I can't say enough positive things about AMA Waterways!