Splendors of Egypt & the Nile (Cairo to Cairo - River Tosca) 2021
Splendors of Egypt & the Nile (Cairo to Cairo - River Tosca) 2021
Ship: River Tosca
Starts: Cairo, Egypt on Sat, Jan 09, 2021
Ends: Cairo, Egypt on Wed, Jan 20, 2021
Why Pay Retail? Call us or click for a quick quote and save money!
We have Low Prices on Uniworld - Guaranteed!
Early Booking: Save Up To 10% On 2021 Vacations
Early Booking: Save Up To 10% On 2021 Vacations
Early Booking Savings requires payment in full at time of booking and is valid for new, individual bookings on 2021 itineraries and departure dates only. Offer applies to full-fare bookings only. All fares and savings listed are in US dollars. Rates and savings vary by itinerary, departure date and category of accommodations. Savings for eligible Europe and Russia voyages are: 5% for all Suite Category staterooms; 10% for all other stateroom categories. Savings for eligible Asia, India, and Egypt voyages are: 10% for all stateroom categories. Discounted savings amounts are based on the cruise-tour portion of bookings (including category upgrades and single supplements), after other applicable discounts are applied and do not apply to the purchase of air tickets, optional pre and post extensions or the Uniworld Travel Protection Plan. All applicable discounts are applied sequentially; fixed savings amounts are deducted prior to applying any percentage-based discounts. Offer is capacity controlled and may be modified or withdrawn at any time. Other restrictions may apply. Offer expires September 30, 2020.
We Are Committed To:
When you book a trip with us, whether it's halfway around the world or in your own backyard, you can rest assured that you'll benefit from our vast experience in the travel industry, our award winning service and client satisfaction.Read More
River Cruise Itinerary
Cruise the Nile in a manner once reserved for queens and pharaohs. For 12 adventure-filled days, experience Egypt and the Nile’s most wondrous sites in style and luxury. Wander amongst the towering ruins of the Temple of Karnak, the world’s largest ancient religious complex, and the entrancing Temple of Luxor. Visit temples dedicated to Hathor, Horus, and other mythological figures, and pay homage to the country’s first female ruler at the Temple of Hatshepsut. Follow in the footsteps of renowned scholars and explorers as you venture forth into the Valley of the Kings, the ancient burial grounds of Egyptian royalty. You will enjoy an exhilarating ride in a felucca, a traditional Nile River sailboat. This captivating itinerary begins and ends in Cairo, where you’ll visit the famous Egyptian Museum and its stupendous and unrivaled collection of pharaonic artifacts, including treasures recovered from the tomb of King Tutankhamun. Journey to Giza to gaze upon the mighty ancient Pyramids and the timeworn, enigmatic Sphinx—iconic images that continue to amaze. An enchanting land of marvels, myths, and wonders old and new, Egypt is an extraordinary destination no culturally curious traveler will want to miss.
Day 1 (Sat, Jan 09, 2021): CairoArrive at Cairo International Airport. If your cruise/tour package includes a group arrival transfer or if you have purchased a private arrival transfer, a Uniworld representative will be on hand to greet you and escort you to the opulent Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza.
Day 2 (Sun, Jan 10, 2021): CairoThe ancient quarter of Cairo is intense—the colors, the sounds, the density of people—and it’s likely been this way for thousands of years. Your local expert will show you a 12th-century citadel, the beautiful Alabaster Mosque and an unsurpassed collection of priceless artifacts, including mind-boggling treasures once buried with the boy king Tutankhamen.
Day 3 (Mon, Jan 11, 2021): Cairo, Fly to Luxor (Embark) Cruising the Nile River, DenderaPrepare to be amazed at the legendary Temple of Karnak, a massive and absolutely astounding site, with gigantic columns, broad avenues lined with stone sphinxes and halls of truly epic proportions. This evening, you’ll revel in a Welcome Reception and Dinner onboard.
Day 4 (Tue, Jan 12, 2021): Dendera, Cruising the Nile River, LuxorLike its twin shrine, the Temple of Karnak, the Temple of Luxor stands on the site of ancient Thebes, the once flourishing capital of Egypt’s New Kingdom. It was built over hundreds of years and even in ruins it is still an extraordinary place. You’ll also visit the Temple of Hathor, dedicated to the goddess of love and beauty.
Day 5 (Wed, Jan 13, 2021): Luxor, Cruising the Nile River, Kom OmboThe word “colossal” will take on a whole new meaning after today’s excursion to the gigantic twin statues known as the Colossi of Memnon. And that’s just the beginning—you’ll also visit the temple of one of Egypt’s rare female pharaohs as well as the Valley of the Kings, used as a royal burial place for nearly 500 years and where the mummified remains of Tutankhamen are on display.
Day 6 (Thu, Jan 14, 2021): Kom Ombo, Cruising the Nile River, AswanAfter visiting a temple dedicated to a crocodile god today (don’t miss the display of some of the 300 mummified crocs found in the local area), hop aboard a small boat for a bird-watching excursion along the Nile.
Day 7 (Fri, Jan 15, 2021): AswanToday is an epic day, filled with wonders from start to finish. You’ll visit a marvel of modern engineering—the Aswan High Dam—as well as the Unfinished Obelisk and the beautiful Philae Temple complex, which was moved from one island to another back in the 1970s. But wait, there’s more. You’ll also take a ride in a felucca—a traditional Egyptian sailboat—and enjoy afternoon tea at a famous hotel depicted in Agatha Christie’s novel Death on the Nile.
Day 8 (Sat, Jan 16, 2021): Aswan, Cruising the Nile River, Kom Ombo, EdfuSpend the day at leisure or join us for an optional excursion to see the magnificent temples of Abu Simbel.
Day 9 (Sun, Jan 17, 2021): Esna, Cruising the Nile River, LuxorOn today’s excursion, you’ll learn how the Temple of Esna was buried under debris for many centuries and is one of the last great Egyptian temples ever built. Your Egyptologist guide will share all sorts of fascinating insights about this significant cultural site and show you the façade bearing the last known hieroglyphic inscriptions ever recorded in Egypt.
Day 10 (Mon, Jan 18, 2021): Luxor (Disembark), Fly to CairoDisembark in Luxor and transfer to the airport for your return flight to Cairo. Then, check in to the Four Seasons Hotel at Nile Plaza where you’ll have time to relax before dinner.
Meals Included: Dinner
Day 11 (Tue, Jan 19, 2021): CairoIt’s a day of Bucket List Moments today as we venture to Ancient Memphis, a UNESCO World Heritage Site with a number of amazing monuments to see—including the enigmatic Great Sphinx. After seeing the pyramids from afar last evening, you’ll have a thrilling opportunity to view them from an up-close perspective, the only way to fully appreciate their remarkable size and grandeur.
Day 12 (Wed, Jan 20, 2021): Depart CairoCheck out of your hotel and transfer to the Cairo International Airport for your flight home, or extend your trip with a memorable optional extension in Jerusalem.
Hygiene and Safety Protocols for Uniworld
Uniworld approaches every cruise with that same thorough diligence. Stringent security and sanitation protocols onboard our ships are nothing new to us. They not only remain top priorities but are being escalated as we face the current challenge. As more information is provided from Cruise Line International Association (CLIA) and the World Health Organization (WHO) Uniworld will look to adopt their health and safety recommendations and continue to update for your added peace of mind.
SAFETY & SECURITY PROTOCOLS
- All outside doors and access to the interior of the ships are locked when docked. Only registered guests can access the ship using a key card.
- All guests and luggage are verified against the manifest at check-in.
- Guests have 24/7 access to the front desk.
- Key card scanners with facial recognition are utilized at the gangway.
- Cameras are present at the entrance of the ship and in public areas, and are monitored by the reception staff.
- Trained security staff are posted at the gangway 24 hours a day.
- Ships are patrolled by trained staff 24/7.
- All deliveries are thoroughly inspected before being brought onboard.
HEALTH & SANITATION PROTOCOLS
PLEASE NOTE: While Uniworld believes these protocols to be the appropriate steps in protecting the wellbeing of guests and crew, they will continue to evaluate and make changes if they are deemed to be ineffective or if they negatively impact the wellbeing of guests and crew. Uniworld is actively reviewing additional health and sanitation steps and will add them to these protocols upon approval.
- All guests must complete a health screening prior to embarkation.
- Gloves, face masks and small bottles of hand sanitizer will be readily available for each guest.
- All guests and crew are required to sanitize their hands when entering public spaces, when coming back onboard the ship each day, and before each meal.
- Housekeeping staff disinfect all public area touch points and hot spots throughout the day, including all handrails and door handles.
- Fruits, cookies, chips, nuts, candies or other treats are now served to individual guests by the crew only. These treats are no longer available for self-service.
- Disinfected wipes are available throughout the ship, including at coffee stations and in the public toilets.
- Any onboard payments are processed using a contactless payment method and credit card machines will be wiped after each pin entry.
- All coffee table books, magazines and brochures have been removed from public use. Guests will be able to access these reading materials via their complimentary PressReader app on their mobile devices.
- Crew wash their hands frequently when handling guest luggage. Disembarkation luggage is kept separate from embarkation luggage to avoid cross-contamination.
- All meals are now served by culinary and waitstaff, with no self-service allowed during buffets.
- All restaurant dining now has reserved seating, with guests at the same table, with the same people, each day.
- To limit the total number of guests in a restaurant at a time, they have introduced two seating times for each meal.
- Items that are usually shared, like bread and butter, are now served to each person individually.
- All touch points, like chairs and salt and pepper shakers, are immediately disinfected after each seating.
STATEROOMS & SUITES:
- All staterooms and suites are thoroughly cleaned on a daily basis.
- All air-conditioning filters are cleaned and disinfected on each embarkation day before rooming takes place.
- Umbrellas are now only available in rooms for individual use, with no shared umbrella stands in public areas.
- In-room chocolate candy bowls are replaced at the end/beginning of each cruise.
- All buses are cleaned and wiped with disinfectant before each use.
- Face masks are also available on the buses, in addition to the staterooms.
- Vox boxes are sanitized prior to embarkation and after each excursion.
- All crew receives professional health and hygiene training (HACCP) by an external consultant before each ship begins its sailing season, including training on how to look for symptoms.
- All crew strictly adhere to social distancing requirements.
- All crew undergo regular health screenings and are quarantined immediately if symptoms are present.
- Hand sanitizer is readably available and mandated for use in all crew areas.
- Crew quarters, public and private, are sanitized regularly.
- All crew meals are served, with no self-service allowed.
Life on Board
Questions & Answers
Question: Will the day-by-day itinerary change?
Question: In what language is the river cruise conducted?
Uniworld should advise potential customers of the level of activity, especially for this trip. While I personally had no problems with the demanding Itinerary, the elderly or disabled could not visit some of the sites we saw due to accessibility. Uniworld rents their boats so there is no consistency from trip to trip. This was a very beautiful, spacious boat and the staff were incredibly gracious and helpful. We felt very welcomed and appreciated. Four seasons was nice but food was too expensive and there were no alternatives since we were warned not to venture out on our own. Customer should be warned that they will be escorted by armed guards and there will be a lot of security checks on this trip.
Well Planned Trip Package, Excellent Service.
Uniworld was just fabulous.
Great tour. Uniworld is top of the line in all river cruises and Egypt is no exception. Super ship, staff, and tour guide. We liked it so much, we will book it again.
Large cabins on the River Tosca. Great staff and excellent meals. Included excursions were almost all good. The exception was the high tea at the Cataract Hotel and the sound and light show in Cairo. The Egyptologist was excellent- very knowledgeable and helpful to the point of even doing some currency exchange.
We had a great time The tour guide was terrific and the hotel and cruise ship were excellent. We visited all of the major sites It was a top notch trip!