Parisian Royal Holiday (Paris to Paris) 2021
Parisian Royal Holiday (Paris to Paris) 2021
Ship: SS Joie de Vivre
Starts: Paris, France on Mon, Dec 13, 2021
Ends: Paris, France on Mon, Dec 20, 2021
Why Pay Retail? Call us or click for a quick quote and save money!
We have Low Prices on Uniworld - Guaranteed!
Early Booking: Save Up To 10% On 2021 Vacations
Early Booking: Save Up To 10% On 2021 Vacations
Early Booking Savings requires payment in full at time of booking and is valid for new, individual bookings on 2021 itineraries and departure dates only. Offer applies to full-fare bookings only. All fares and savings listed are in US dollars. Rates and savings vary by itinerary, departure date and category of accommodations. Savings for eligible Europe and Russia voyages are: 5% for all Suite Category staterooms; 10% for all other stateroom categories. Savings for eligible Asia, India, and Egypt voyages are: 10% for all stateroom categories. Discounted savings amounts are based on the cruise-tour portion of bookings (including category upgrades and single supplements), after other applicable discounts are applied and do not apply to the purchase of air tickets, optional pre and post extensions or the Uniworld Travel Protection Plan. All applicable discounts are applied sequentially; fixed savings amounts are deducted prior to applying any percentage-based discounts. Offer is capacity controlled and may be modified or withdrawn at any time. Other restrictions may apply. Offer expires September 30, 2020.
We Are Committed To:
When you book a trip with us, whether it's halfway around the world or in your own backyard, you can rest assured that you'll benefit from our vast experience in the travel industry, our award winning service and client satisfaction.Read More
River Cruise Itinerary
A celebration of French festivities and royalty. Northern France and its “City of Light” sparkle even more during the holidays. The enchanting animated window displays on Boulevard Haussmann and the gloriously lit trees lining the Champs-Élysées infuse the city with magic. Combine the festivities of the holidays in Paris and surrounding towns with the world of royalty, and you’ll be treated to a once-in-a-lifetime festive royal journey. The world of French royalty will unfold before your eyes with four exclusive châteaux visits. Château La Roche Guyon perched above the Seine is a fascinating place. Here you’ll discover 10 centuries of French history through your renowned hosts while enjoying a wine tasting. Hidden behind trees that are several hundred years old lies Château de Bizy, nicknamed the “Versailles of Normandy.” Walk through the torch-lit gardens and past breathtaking sculptured gardens to the main reception room, where you’ll attend a private chamber music concert. While at Château de Versailles, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the most beautiful achievements of 18th-century French art, you’ll be taken on a private guided tour of the Hall of Mirrors, Queen and King’s chambers and Marie Antoinette’s Le Petit Trianon. And in Paris, you’ll be treated to a rare experience with a private cocktail reception hosted by the owners of the luxurious 17th-century Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte. You’ll also get a taste of Christmas in the medieval city of Rouen and indulge in delicious holiday treats at La Couronne, the restaurant made famous by Julia Child. And for those sailing over New Year’s, ring in 2022 against the stunning backdrop of the twinkling Parisian skyline. Who will enjoy this cruise? Romantics will relish the chance to see Paris adorned in holiday splendor, and history buffs and followers of royalty will delight in four exclusive châteaux visits.
Day 1 (Mon, Dec 13, 2021): ParisArrive at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport. If your cruise package includes a group arrival transfer or if you have purchased a private arrival transfer, you will be greeted by a Uniworld representative and transferred to the ship.
Day 2 (Tue, Dec 14, 2021): VernonToday the Seine and your luxurious ship carry you to a château with close links to the history of French royalty, in a region that was once the borderland between French and English royal power. You will visit Château de Bizy, an ideal setting for a concert of classical music. For those seeking a more active approach to today's excursion, you may choose to travel to the château by bicycle.
Meals Included: Dinner
Day 3 (Wed, Dec 15, 2021): RouenThe medieval capital of Normandy, Rouen has managed to preserve much of its historic core, despite being turned into a battlefield numerous times. See Rouen’s top sights as well as its splendid Christmas market, held on the square in front of the cathedral Monet painted dozens of times. Inside, you can listen to ethereal liturgical music enhanced by the cathedral’s wonderful acoustics. Another treat awaits at La Couronne—tea and cake at the restaurant where Julia Child had a life-changing first meal in France.
Day 4 (Thu, Dec 16, 2021): Mantes-la-Jolie (Versailles)The magnificently flamboyant Palace of Versailles was built during a time of absolute power, setting new standards for over-the-top excess with its elaborate gardens, grand state apartments and glittering Hall of Mirrors. All this plus a private “secret” tour that takes you where others cannot go? Priceless.
Day 5 (Fri, Dec 17, 2021): ParisThe shop windows of Paris are truly an art form, particularly during the holidays when they attract throngs of delighted onlookers. See these enchanting displays for yourself today on one of the city’s chicest streets. We’ll also take you inside the Paris Opera, described by its architect as a “Versailles for everyone.” Tonight, we’ll treat you to a Paris illuminations tour.
Day 6 (Sat, Dec 18, 2021): ParisJoin a local expert for a guided walk through two of our favorite neighborhoods in the “City of Light,” the Île de la Cité and Latin Quarter. Wander the streets with stones worn by countless notable artists, writers and philosophers, including Matisse and Picasso, Hemingway and Fitzgerald. The cultural, political, artistic and financial heart of France, Paris is entrancing, magical and exhilarating. Every view is postcard worthy, and for the next few days it is yours to enjoy.
Day 7 (Sun, Dec 19, 2021): ParisAfter visiting Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte, Louis XIV was so green with envy that he gave his modest hunting lodge a total makeover. See the inspiration for Versailles on an excursion to this elaborately decorated winter wonderland, where the owner will host a private reception for Uniworld guests.
Meals Included: Dinner
Day 8 (Mon, Dec 20, 2021): Paris (Disembark)Disembark the ship. If your cruise package includes a group departure transfer or if you have purchased a private departure transfer, you will be transferred to Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport for your flight home.
Hygiene and Safety Protocols for Uniworld
Uniworld approaches every cruise with that same thorough diligence. Stringent security and sanitation protocols onboard our ships are nothing new to us. They not only remain top priorities but are being escalated as we face the current challenge. As more information is provided from Cruise Line International Association (CLIA) and the World Health Organization (WHO) Uniworld will look to adopt their health and safety recommendations and continue to update for your added peace of mind.
SAFETY & SECURITY PROTOCOLS
- All outside doors and access to the interior of the ships are locked when docked. Only registered guests can access the ship using a key card.
- All guests and luggage are verified against the manifest at check-in.
- Guests have 24/7 access to the front desk.
- Key card scanners with facial recognition are utilized at the gangway.
- Cameras are present at the entrance of the ship and in public areas, and are monitored by the reception staff.
- Trained security staff are posted at the gangway 24 hours a day.
- Ships are patrolled by trained staff 24/7.
- All deliveries are thoroughly inspected before being brought onboard.
HEALTH & SANITATION PROTOCOLS
PLEASE NOTE: While Uniworld believes these protocols to be the appropriate steps in protecting the wellbeing of guests and crew, they will continue to evaluate and make changes if they are deemed to be ineffective or if they negatively impact the wellbeing of guests and crew. Uniworld is actively reviewing additional health and sanitation steps and will add them to these protocols upon approval.
- All guests must complete a health screening prior to embarkation.
- Gloves, face masks and small bottles of hand sanitizer will be readily available for each guest.
- All guests and crew are required to sanitize their hands when entering public spaces, when coming back onboard the ship each day, and before each meal.
- Housekeeping staff disinfect all public area touch points and hot spots throughout the day, including all handrails and door handles.
- Fruits, cookies, chips, nuts, candies or other treats are now served to individual guests by the crew only. These treats are no longer available for self-service.
- Disinfected wipes are available throughout the ship, including at coffee stations and in the public toilets.
- Any onboard payments are processed using a contactless payment method and credit card machines will be wiped after each pin entry.
- All coffee table books, magazines and brochures have been removed from public use. Guests will be able to access these reading materials via their complimentary PressReader app on their mobile devices.
- Crew wash their hands frequently when handling guest luggage. Disembarkation luggage is kept separate from embarkation luggage to avoid cross-contamination.
- All meals are now served by culinary and waitstaff, with no self-service allowed during buffets.
- All restaurant dining now has reserved seating, with guests at the same table, with the same people, each day.
- To limit the total number of guests in a restaurant at a time, they have introduced two seating times for each meal.
- Items that are usually shared, like bread and butter, are now served to each person individually.
- All touch points, like chairs and salt and pepper shakers, are immediately disinfected after each seating.
STATEROOMS & SUITES:
- All staterooms and suites are thoroughly cleaned on a daily basis.
- All air-conditioning filters are cleaned and disinfected on each embarkation day before rooming takes place.
- Umbrellas are now only available in rooms for individual use, with no shared umbrella stands in public areas.
- In-room chocolate candy bowls are replaced at the end/beginning of each cruise.
- All buses are cleaned and wiped with disinfectant before each use.
- Face masks are also available on the buses, in addition to the staterooms.
- Vox boxes are sanitized prior to embarkation and after each excursion.
- All crew receives professional health and hygiene training (HACCP) by an external consultant before each ship begins its sailing season, including training on how to look for symptoms.
- All crew strictly adhere to social distancing requirements.
- All crew undergo regular health screenings and are quarantined immediately if symptoms are present.
- Hand sanitizer is readably available and mandated for use in all crew areas.
- Crew quarters, public and private, are sanitized regularly.
- All crew meals are served, with no self-service allowed.
Life on Board
Questions & Answers
Question: Will the day-by-day itinerary change?
Question: In what language is the river cruise conducted?
Similar Itineraries Other Travelers Liked
|Dec 06, 2021||Uniworld||SS Joie de Vivre||8||$3,299|
|Dec 07, 2021||Viking||Viking Radgrid||8||$2,299|
|Dec 12, 2021||Viking||Viking Fjorgyn||8||$1,999|
|Dec 13, 2021||Uniworld||SS Joie de Vivre||8||$2,999|
|Dec 14, 2021||Viking||Viking Radgrid||8||$2,299|
The ship was outstanding, staff was extremely courteous and helpful, and the food was delicious and plentiful. Wonderful cruise Paris to Normandy with UniiWorld.