Heart of the Danube with 2 Nights in Budapest (Westbound) 2020
Heart of the Danube with 2 Nights in Budapest (Westbound) 2020
Operator: Avalon Waterways
Ship: Imagery II
Starts: Budapest, Hungary on Mon, Nov 23, 2020
Ends: Mainz, Germany on Mon, Dec 07, 2020
Why Pay Retail? Call us or click for a quick quote and save money!
We have Low Prices on Avalon Waterways (Globus) - Guaranteed!
Exclusive: PrePaid Gratuities on 2020 Europe & Mekong river cruises
Exclusive: PrePaid Gratuities on 2020 Europe & Mekong river cruises
*Book a select 2020 Avalon Europe or Mekong river cruise (excluding 2020 Oberammergau) and get the standard prepaid cruise gratuities included for the full length of the cruise portion of the vacation. Booking must be made, under deposit and discount applied between January 1 and December 31, 2020 for travel commencing between January 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020. Combinable with other current promotions. Applies to new 2020 bookings only. Must mention promotion code ENSGRAT20. Offer reliant on space availability. Not applicable to groups or custom tours. Full cancellation penalties will apply. Additional restrictions may apply; see Travel Terms & Conditions for details. May be withdrawn at any time.
Up to $500 Welcome Back Credit for Repeat Travelers
Up to $500 Welcome Back Credit for Repeat Travelers
- Spend $2499 or less and receive $100 credit
- Spend $2500 - $3499 and receive $150 credit
- Spend $3500 - $4499 and receive $200 credit
- Spend $4500 & Over and receive $250 credit
The Welcome Back Credit will be awarded upon completion of Globus family of brands vacations from 2019 onward. Credit amount can only be applied to the land/cruise or cruise only portion of a new Globus family of brands vacation (excluding Escapes by Globus, 2020 Oberammergau, select Cosmos tours, Monograms City Getaways, and Custom/Charter vacations). Credit amount is per person and must be redeemed for a future vacation with a deposit within 2 years from date of credit issue. Bookings can be made by contacting your preferred travel agent. Passenger name or past invoice number is required to redeem the credit. Combinable with all applicable consumer promotions except those with any Globus family of brands special discount programs of the vacation price. Credit is not redeemable for cash, non-refundable deposit, airfare, transfers, travel insurance, prepaid gratuities, pre/post nights, or optional excursions and is non-transferrable. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Valid for all participating Globus family of brands offices. Additional restrictions may apply.
We Are Committed To:
When you book a trip with us, whether it's halfway around the world or in your own backyard, you can rest assured that you'll benefit from our vast experience in the travel industry, our award winning service and client satisfaction.Read More
Book With Flexibility
- Peace of Mind
Complimentary "Peace of Mind" Travel Plan for 2021 trips
- Change Destination / Vacation
Change to a different destination or vacation with the Globus Family of Brands.
- Change Dates
Choose new departure dates if your plans change.
- Great Service
Award-winning service, low prices, client satisfaction
Board your Avalon Suite Ship® in Budapest after enjoying two nights in the “Pearl of the Danube.” Before sailing, you’ll enjoy a guided city sightseeing tour of the Hungarian capital city to see Budapest’s iconic sights, including Heroes’ Square. Visit vibrant Vienna and picturesque Krems, and sail through the rich wine-growing region of Austria’s Wachau Valley. Your Danube River cruise continues to Melk, with its magnificent Benedictine Abbey—complete with its fantastic frescoes, statues, library, and ornate pipe organ. While sailing hear an onboard lecture about Christmas traditions in Europe. In Nuremberg, choose from two guided excursions—a classic sightseeing tour, or a tour of the historic Nuremberg Rally Grounds of WWII notoriety. Continue your Festive European vacation to enjoy Christmas in the Heart of Germany, including Bamberg—complete with dozens of nativity scenes of every size. Würzburg is the next stop on your European Christmas cruise Savor the sights, sounds, and confections of Würzburg’s warm Christmas markets before sailing to visit a picturesque Main River Village. Your Danube and Main River cruise vacation concludes in Wiesbaden with wonderful experiences and memories of old-fashioned Christmas markets, scenic splendors, and inspiring discoveries to treasure always.
- Day 1BUDAPEST, HUNGARYMon, Nov 23, 2020Welcome to Budapest—Hungary’s Captivating CapitalThe day is yours to relax and enjoy the city with time for photographs, cafés, and confections.
- Day 2BUDAPEST, HUNGARYTue, Nov 24, 2020The Pearl of the Danube in the Heart of Europe CLASSIC Enjoy a Guided City Sightseeing, including the iconic Heroes’ Square.Take in the beauty of Budapest while enjoying a free afternoon exploring such famous sights as the Chain Bridge. Get to know the city’s cafés and pubs, or take a hike through the hills above the Danube.(B)
- Day 3BUDAPEST, HUNGARY (EMBARKATION)Wed, Nov 25, 2020Your Avalon Suite Ship® is Ready for Boarding.With a free day to explore before your cruise, take time to take photographs on the Royal Palace grounds in this treasure trove of historical architecture. Try Budapest’s famous thermal bath spas, then lunch in a garden or rooftop eatery before boarding your Suite Ship®Enjoy your first dinner on board while sailing. EVENING/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO VIENNA(D)
- Day 4VIENNA, AUSTRIAThu, Nov 26, 2020Vienna Waltzes and the Beautiful Blue Danube Start the day with a Morning Stretch with your Avalon Adventure Host.Enjoy sailing the Danube, which shares dozens of miles with Hungary and Slovakia. Relax on the Sky Deck to see the rolling landscape and red-rooftops of the Slovakian capital of Bratislava come into view. This evening in Vienna, you may choose to join an Optional Excursion to attend a Royal Waltz Concert for an unforgettable evening of music in an elegant hall.OVERNIGHT DOCKING IN VIENNA (B,L,D)
- Day 5VIENNAFri, Nov 27, 2020Royal Collections, and Amusing Attractions CLASSIC Venture into the Habsburg empire this morning on a Guided City Tour of Vienna’s gilded landmarks. See the Imperial Palace complex—the winter residence of the Imperial Family, the historic Vienna Opera House and stunning St. Stephen’s Cathedral.Join a Guided Optional Excursion to Schönbrunn Palace—a Habsburg Empire summer home for 300 years.This afternoon, enjoy free time to take a tram to visit Austria’s Prater amusement park or one of the many museums nearby. You may also decide to borrow a bike from the ship to explore the streets and squares of Vienna, or ride along the banks of the Danube at your leisure.Later, enjoy live entertainment on board.OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO DÜRNSTEIN(B,L,D)
- Day 6DÜRNSTEINSat, Nov 28, 2020Fairytale Castles, Kings, and Cobblestones of Delightful Dürnstein CLASSIC Join a Guided Walk, and hear the legendary tale of King Richard the Lionheart—who was imprisoned in the castle above the village during the Crusades, OR: ACTIVE Join a Hike up to the castle ruins with your Adventure Host for a spectacular view of the village, Danube, and the Wachau Valley below. Enjoy coffee or a cocktail on the Sky Deck as you sail through the picturesque Wachau Valley to Melk. MELK Ornate Architecture and Scenic SplendorsCLASSIC Take a Guided Tour of Melk’s magnificent Benedictine Abbey to marvel at its frescoed ceilings, statues, incredible library, and ornate pipe organ.DISCOVERY Enjoy the flavors of the Wachau Valley with a Wine Tasting on board.EVENING/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO PASSAU(B,L,D)
- Day 7PASSAU, GERMANYSun, Nov 29, 2020Go for Baroque in Passau–Where the Danube, Inn, and Ilz Rivers Meet CLASSIC Join a Guided City Walk to learn more about this beautiful “City of Three Rivers”.Alternatively, join a full-day Guided Optional Excursion to Salzburg—the city of Mozart—or to the picturesque Bohemian town of Cesky Krumlov.Meet your ship back in Passau after your full-day selected activity for sailing.EVENING/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO REGENSBURG(B,L,D)
- Day 8REGENSBURGMon, Nov 30, 2020Magical Regensburg—Bavaria’s Medieval MiracleCLASSIC Join a Guided City Walk and see the Altes Rathaus (Old Town Hall) and Porta Pretoria—built in 179 AD as the entrance to Castra Regina fortress. You may choose to join a Guided Optional Excursion to visit the Benedictine Monastery in Weltenburg. Alternatively spend a free afternoon exploring Regensburg on foot or by bike through its charming streets.This evening, enjoy live entertainment after dinner as you cruise toward Roth. EVENING/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO ROTH(B,L,D)
- Day 9ROTH. EXCURSION TO NUREMBERGTue, Dec 01, 2020Living Heritage and History LessonsDISCOVERY Enjoy an Onboard Lecture about the Main-Danube Canal—linking these two rivers to make a vital connection enabling navigation between the North and Black Seas. CLASSIC Enjoy a Guided Sightseeing Tour of the Bavarian town of Roth—with its half-timbered houses, market square, and 1535 hunting lodge Schloss Ratibor, OR:CLASSIC Choose a Guided Sightseeing Tour of Nuremberg—with its medieval architecture, gilded fountain, gothic cathedral, and Kaiserburg Castle, OR:CLASSIC Take a Guided Tour of the historic Nuremberg Rally Grounds—used by the Third Reich.DISCOVERY Later, indulge in a Beer Tasting on board.EVENING CRUISE TO NUREMBERG(B,L,D)
- Day 10NUREMBERG. EXCURSION TO MUNICHWed, Dec 02, 2020A King’s Palace and Town Halls in Modern Munich CLASSIC Take a full-day Guided Tour of the highlights of fascinating Munich. See Nymphenburg Palace—a former residence of German monarchs, along with the old and new Town Halls of Marienplatz.EVENING/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO BAMBERG (B,D)
- Day 11BAMBERGThu, Dec 03, 2020One Thousand Years of History in the City of Seven Hills. CLASSIC Take a Guided Walking Tour of the former home to imperial dynasties, and see its Romanesque cathedral, Old Town Hall, and seven hills crowned with churches.Enjoy free time this afternoon strolling through the city. DISCOVERY Later, indulge in a Beer Tasting on board. This evening, enjoy live entertainment on board.EVENING/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO VOLKACH (B,L,D)
- Day 12VOLKACHFri, Dec 04, 2020Bavarian Beauty on the Main RiverCLASSIC Join a Walking Tour of the quaint town of Volkach with its half-timbered houses and cobblestoned streets.During lunch enjoy a relaxing cruise to Kitzingen. KITZINGENBavarian Wines, Legends, and Myths CLASSIC Enjoy a Guided Sightseeing Tour and hear the legend of a Countess, a shepherd, and a monastery. Explore Bavaria’s largest wine-producing area. OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO WÜRZBURG(B,L,D)
- Day 13WÜRZBURGSat, Dec 05, 2020A Pearl of a Day on the Romantic RoadCLASSIC Take a Guided Sightseeing Tour of Würzburg with its Old Main Bridge, towering fortress, and baroque Bishop’s Residenz—with the largest known ceiling fresco, OR: Enjoy incredible views over the northern Bavaria city of Wurzburg on a hike up to mighty hilltop Marienberg Castle.ACTIVE You may choose to join a Guided Optional Excursion to the beautiful Bavarian town of Rothenburg. See the local sights and enjoy the fairytale atmosphere that has inspired artists. Alternatively, you may enjoy free time to take in the charm and culinary specialties of Würzburg.Enjoy live entertainment on board as you sail.OVERNIGHT DOCKING IN WÜRZBURG (B,L,D)
- Day 14MAIN RIVER VILLAGESun, Dec 06, 2020Hidden Gems and Bavarian Beauty of a Main River Village CLASSIC Join a Guided Walking Tour of a picturesque Bavarian village.This afternoon relax on the Sky Deck while passing along the beautiful villages on the Main River shores. AFTERNOON/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO FRANKFURT(B,L,D)
- Day 15FRANKFURT (DISEMBARKATION)Mon, Dec 07, 2020Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning.Flights should not leave Frankfurt airport before 10 am.(B)
- In the event of technical or water level issues, it may be necessary to operate the itinerary by motorcoach or alter the program, including hotel overnight when necessary.
- Guided Tours, Optional Excursions, activities, sailing and docking schedules may be contingent on weather conditions or other issues outside of our control and could therefore be subject to change at any time.
- Please check visa requirements with your local consulate(s); responsibility for obtaining visas rests with the traveler.
Gratuities to Local Guides & Excursion Drivers are included.
Avalon offers the opportunity for solo travelers to sail with no single supplement (subject to availability).
Please call for single accommodation price. Triples not available.
Extra nights per person in Budapest:
in single room from $252 to $368, in twin room from $153 to $204
Extra nights per person in Frankfurt:
in single room from $311 to $429,in twin room from $197 to $256
All prices per person based on double occupancy. Cruise price based on Category E in a deluxe outside stateroom on Indigo Deck. See below for upgrade pricing.
Hygiene and Safety Protocols for Avalon Waterways
Today's world has changed, but what remains certain is Avalon Waterways' commitment to guest safety, comfort and peace-of-mind while traveling with us. To that end, Avalon Waterways has established a worldwide Assurance program, with enhanced on-trip protocols and procedures, to ensure the health – and happiness – of guests throughout their travels with us.
It all starts with Avalon Waterways' Global Health & Safety Team, dedicated to ensuring that cleanliness of all operations exceeds today’s travel standards—from start to finish. The following areas address Avalon Waterways' commitment to providing a safe and clean environment for guests.
New embarkation procedures to offer guests a safe start to their journey, including:
- Social distancing throughout embarkation
- Mandatory health screening, including touch-free temperature-check, for all guests and crew
- Luggage disinfection prior to onboarding (with crew wearing gloves and masks)
FRESH AIR, INSIDE AND OUT:
In addition to Avalon Waterways' Open-Air staterooms, the air in the ships is not circulated between staterooms; only within an individual stateroom and mixed with fresh, outside air.
BLENDING CULTURAL PROXIMITY WITH SOCIAL DISTANCE:
New social distancing guidelines for guests throughout their Avalon cruise include:
- Reducing ship capacity as required for more space on board per guest
- Introducing more dining venues for more dining space per person
- Crew wearing masks for the duration of the cruise during any guest interaction
- Providing masks for guests to wear during any event where social proximity could become an issue, including disembarkation for excursions and safety drills
- Adjusting ratio of guides and coaches for excursions, as required
NEW TECHNOLOGY TO ENSURE CLEANLINESS:
- Electrostatic disinfecting systems
- UV disinfecting systems
TOUCHING HEARTS, NOT HANDS:
Reducing risk with hands-free service, including:
- More hand-sanitizing stations throughout the ship
- Required use of hand-sanitizing stations when leaving the ship, returning to the ship and entering dining venues as well as entering each public/common space
- Self-serve stations, including buffets, drinks, specialty coffees and snacks have been replaced with crew service
- All buffets (breakfast and lunch) replaced by a full range of á la carte menu choices
- Hourly (or more frequent) disinfection of all public areas
COMMITMENT TO THE CLEANEST SHIPS:
Enhanced cleaning procedures throughout each ship, including these additional steps that go above-and-beyond Avalon’s already strict procedures:
- Deep disinfection of each stateroom between cruises, including:
- Use of disinfectants and cleaning materials that meet the highest standards
- Soft goods in each stateroom (mattress, sofa, window coverings, chairs, etc.) disinfected between cruises
- Disinfection of all dining areas between meals
- Disinfection of all shared items like umbrellas, bicycles and other Adventure Center items
- Disinfection of all goods prior to loading on the ship
- Ongoing crew training in protective equipment use and hygiene
FOCUS ON CREW HEALTH:
Ensuring a healthy crew, including:
- Medical certificate required prior to start of contract
- Daily temperature checks
- Social distancing in crew living quarters
- Regular health screenings
Life on Board
Questions & Answers
Question: Will the day-by-day itinerary change?
Question: In what language is the river cruise conducted?
Similar Itineraries Other Travelers Liked
|Nov 18, 2020||AmaWaterways||AmaSerena||13||$4,489|
|Nov 20, 2020||AmaWaterways||AmaMagna||13||$4,689|
|Nov 23, 2020||Avalon Waterways||Imagery II||15||$5,628|
|Nov 25, 2020||Avalon Waterways||Imagery II||17||$7,197|
|Nov 25, 2020||Avalon Waterways||Imagery II||13||$5,198|
The trip I booked was everything promised. The Paris to Normandy trip was great as was the extension trip to London. I appreciated the ability to upgrade the train trip to first class.
This was our first river cruise. We had taken a motor coach tour before. It is truly advantageous to take your room with. The crew of the ship were great. The cruise director was great. Overall the cruise was a fun trip and a great value.
Everything went as planned and schedules. Excellent tour guide, Isabel was always available and kept us well informed. Two come n on board entertainment groups were a highlight. Very versatile. .
Trip was great and everything went smooth except for getting thru the airports. This of course was not your fault. Will think twice before taking another international flight.
Avalon is a beautiful cruise line - the Imagery II is a beautiful ship, spotless, everything on it in perfect condition. Very large room, the glass wall that opens is great, and a very spacious, lovely bathroom. The service was superb. It was our first river cruise and we loved it!
The Avalon River Cruise was excellent. Had a great time and the cost of the cruise included just about everything.
Avalon Waterways went out of their way to make us have a good time. It was better than I expected.
The entire staff was friendly, courteous, competent, and professional. The meals were superb and the ship was fabulous. We would sail again with Avalon!
Our Avalon river cruise was everything we expected and more. The on-board staff was friendly and courteous, the tour director thorough and knowledgeable, and the ship and accommodations clean and comfortable. The food: superb!!
Overall, we enjoyed our vacation with Avalon Waterways and felt we received excellent customer service from all. Our Cruise Director was good, but not great, seemed a little less than fully engaged at times. This is a minor point and not meant to detract from our Captain and crew, nor the city tour guides we had, who were largely excellent.
This was our fifth river cruise, but first one with Avalon. The room was very nice with a very comfortable bed and large bathroom and shower. The staff was very helpful and friendly with very good food and wine at the meals. There was one day of only river cruising, no port stops, that seemed a little boring. For some, it may have been nice to sleep late and not do anything. We would have liked to have had some onboard options of activities (i.e. demonstrations, lectures, movies, etc.). We love river cruises due to the size of the boat, ease of getting on/off the boat at ports and ability to get to know the staff and fellow passengers due to the smaller number of passengers.
Very professional - wonderful crew and trip!
Everything was great. The motel in Prague was in a great location and the room was nice but for the stained carpet and the lack off air in halls and lobby so so. Thanks