The Heart of Germany (Westbound) 2020
The Heart of Germany (Westbound) 2020
Operator: Avalon Waterways
Ship: Artistry II
Starts: Nuremberg, Germany on Sun, Nov 08, 2020
Ends: Nuremberg, Germany on Fri, Nov 13, 2020
Why Pay Retail? Call us or click for a quick quote and save money!
We have Low Prices on Avalon Waterways (Globus) - Guaranteed!
Up to $500 Welcome Back Credit for Repeat Travelers
Up to $500 Welcome Back Credit for Repeat Travelers
- Spend $2499 or less and receive $100 credit
- Spend $2500 - $3499 and receive $150 credit
- Spend $3500 - $4499 and receive $200 credit
- Spend $4500 & Over and receive $250 credit
The Welcome Back Credit will be awarded upon completion of Globus family of brands vacations from 2019 onward. Credit amount can only be applied to the land/cruise or cruise only portion of a new Globus family of brands vacation (excluding Escapes by Globus, 2020 Oberammergau, select Cosmos tours, Monograms City Getaways, and Custom/Charter vacations). Credit amount is per person and must be redeemed for a future vacation with a deposit within 2 years from date of credit issue. Bookings can be made by contacting your preferred travel agent. Passenger name or past invoice number is required to redeem the credit. Combinable with all applicable consumer promotions except those with any Globus family of brands special discount programs of the vacation price. Credit is not redeemable for cash, non-refundable deposit, airfare, transfers, travel insurance, prepaid gratuities, pre/post nights, or optional excursions and is non-transferrable. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Valid for all participating Globus family of brands offices. Additional restrictions may apply.
We Are Committed To:
When you book a trip with us, whether it's halfway around the world or in your own backyard, you can rest assured that you'll benefit from our vast experience in the travel industry, our award winning service and client satisfaction.Read More
Book With Flexibility
- Peace of Mind
Complimentary "Peace of Mind" Travel Plan for 2021 trips
- Change Destination / Vacation
Change to a different destination or vacation with the Globus Family of Brands.
- Change Dates
Choose new departure dates if your plans change.
- Great Service
Award-winning service, low prices, client satisfaction
Fall in love with the heart of Germany’s beloved destinations along the Rhine and Main Rivers. With vineyard views and historical sights, your cruise through Germany is one of a kind. Cruise through Germany from Nuremberg on the Main River cruise portion to beautiful Bamberg. Enter a world where imperial dynasties lived with a guided tour of its Romanesque cathedral amid the seven hills crowned with churches. Take a guided tour of the quaint town of Volkach and its half-timbered houses and cobblestone streets, then visit Bavaria’s largest wine-producing region with a visit to Kitzingen. Your guided tour will share legends of folklore, before cruising to wonderful Würzburg. Enjoy a guided tour of its Old Main Bridge, fortress, and frescoed ceiling of its baroque Bishop’s Residenz along the famed Romantic Road. You’ll also visit a Main River Village for a picturesque day in Bavaria. Your cruise through Germany concludes in Frankfurt.
- Day 1NUREMBERG, GERMANY (EMBARKATION)Sun, Nov 08, 2020Welcome to Germany. Your Suite Ship® is Ready for Boarding. Flights into Nuremberg must arrive by 3:30 pm. Guests must be on board ship by 5 pm.Set sail while enjoying dinner on your first night onboard. EVENING/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO BAMBERG(D)
- Day 2BAMBERGMon, Nov 09, 2020One Thousand Years of History in the City of Seven Hills.CLASSIC Take a Guided Walking Tour of the former home to imperial dynasties, and see its Romanesque cathedral, Old Town Hall, and seven hills crowned with churches.Enjoy free time this afternoon strolling through the city.DISCOVERY Later, indulge in a beer tasting on board.This evening, enjoy live entertainment on board. EVENING/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO VOLKACH(B,L,D)
- Day 3VOLKACHTue, Nov 10, 2020Bavarian Beauty on the Main RiverCLASSIC Join a Walking Tour of the quaint town of Volkach with its half-timbered houses and cobblestoned streets.During lunch time enjoy a relaxing cruise to Kitzingen.KITZINGENBavarian Wines, Legends, and MythsCLASSIC Enjoy a Guided Sightseeing Tour and hear about the legend of a Countess, a shepherd, and a monastery. Explore Bavaria’s largest wine-producing area.EVENING CRUISE TO WÜRZBURG(B,L,D)
- Day 4WÜRZBURGWed, Nov 11, 2020A Pearl of a Day on the Romantic RoadCLASSIC Take a Guided Sightseeing Tour of Würzburg with its Old Main Bridge, towering fortress, and baroque Bishop’s Residenz—with the largest known ceiling fresco, OR:ACTIVE Enjoy incredible views over the northern Bavaria city of Wurzburg on a hike up to mighty hilltop Marienberg Castle.You may choose to join a Guided Optional Excursion to the beautiful Bavarian town of Rothenburg. See the local sights and enjoy the fairytale atmosphere that has inspired artists. Alternatively, you may enjoy free time to take in the charm and culinary specialties of Würzburg.Enjoy live entertainment on board as you set sail.EVENING/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO MAIN RIVER VILLAGE(B,L,D)
- Day 5MAIN RIVER VILLAGEThu, Nov 12, 2020Hidden Gems and Bavarian Beauty of a Main River VillageCLASSIC Join a Guided Walking Tour of a picturesque Bavarian village.This afternoon relax on the Sky Deck while passing along the beautiful villages on the Main River shores. AFTERNOON/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO FRANKFURT(B,L,D)
- Day 6FRANKFURT (DISEMBARKATION)Fri, Nov 13, 2020Your cruise ends with breakfast this morning.Flights should not leave Frankfurt airport before 10 am.(B)
- In the event of technical or water level issues, it may be necessary to operate the itinerary by motorcoach or alter the program, including hotel overnight when necessary.
- Guided Tours, Optional Excursions, activities, sailing and docking schedules may be contingent on weather conditions or other issues outside of our control and could therefore be subject to change at any time.
- Please check visa requirements with your local consulate(s); responsibility for obtaining visas rests with the traveler.
Day 1 Nuremberg (Embarkation): onboard welcome reception
Day 2 Bamberg: guided tour, see the Old Town Hall; beer tasting on board
Day 3 Volkach–Kitzingen: guided tours
Day 4 Würzburg: choice of guided tour, visit the Bishop’s Residenz, or guided hike
Day 5 Main river village: guided walk
Day 6 Frankfurt (Disembarkation): your cruise ends this morning
Gateway city for departure is Frankfurt, Germany.
Gratuities to Local Guides & excursion drivers are included.
Avalon offers the opportunity for solo travelers to sail with no single supplement (subject to availability).
Please call for single accommodation price. Triples not available.
Extra nights per person in Frankfurt:
in single room from $311 to $429,in twin room from $197 to $256
All prices per person based on double occupancy. Cruise price based on Category E in a deluxe outside stateroom on Indigo Deck. See below for upgrade pricing.
Hygiene and Safety Protocols for Avalon Waterways
Today's world has changed, but what remains certain is Avalon Waterways' commitment to guest safety, comfort and peace-of-mind while traveling with us. To that end, Avalon Waterways has established a worldwide Assurance program, with enhanced on-trip protocols and procedures, to ensure the health – and happiness – of guests throughout their travels with us.
It all starts with Avalon Waterways' Global Health & Safety Team, dedicated to ensuring that cleanliness of all operations exceeds today’s travel standards—from start to finish. The following areas address Avalon Waterways' commitment to providing a safe and clean environment for guests.
New embarkation procedures to offer guests a safe start to their journey, including:
- Social distancing throughout embarkation
- Mandatory health screening, including touch-free temperature-check, for all guests and crew
- Luggage disinfection prior to onboarding (with crew wearing gloves and masks)
FRESH AIR, INSIDE AND OUT:
In addition to Avalon Waterways' Open-Air staterooms, the air in the ships is not circulated between staterooms; only within an individual stateroom and mixed with fresh, outside air.
BLENDING CULTURAL PROXIMITY WITH SOCIAL DISTANCE:
New social distancing guidelines for guests throughout their Avalon cruise include:
- Reducing ship capacity as required for more space on board per guest
- Introducing more dining venues for more dining space per person
- Crew wearing masks for the duration of the cruise during any guest interaction
- Providing masks for guests to wear during any event where social proximity could become an issue, including disembarkation for excursions and safety drills
- Adjusting ratio of guides and coaches for excursions, as required
NEW TECHNOLOGY TO ENSURE CLEANLINESS:
- Electrostatic disinfecting systems
- UV disinfecting systems
TOUCHING HEARTS, NOT HANDS:
Reducing risk with hands-free service, including:
- More hand-sanitizing stations throughout the ship
- Required use of hand-sanitizing stations when leaving the ship, returning to the ship and entering dining venues as well as entering each public/common space
- Self-serve stations, including buffets, drinks, specialty coffees and snacks have been replaced with crew service
- All buffets (breakfast and lunch) replaced by a full range of á la carte menu choices
- Hourly (or more frequent) disinfection of all public areas
COMMITMENT TO THE CLEANEST SHIPS:
Enhanced cleaning procedures throughout each ship, including these additional steps that go above-and-beyond Avalon’s already strict procedures:
- Deep disinfection of each stateroom between cruises, including:
- Use of disinfectants and cleaning materials that meet the highest standards
- Soft goods in each stateroom (mattress, sofa, window coverings, chairs, etc.) disinfected between cruises
- Disinfection of all dining areas between meals
- Disinfection of all shared items like umbrellas, bicycles and other Adventure Center items
- Disinfection of all goods prior to loading on the ship
- Ongoing crew training in protective equipment use and hygiene
FOCUS ON CREW HEALTH:
Ensuring a healthy crew, including:
- Medical certificate required prior to start of contract
- Daily temperature checks
- Social distancing in crew living quarters
- Regular health screenings
Life on Board
Questions & Answers
Question: Will the day-by-day itinerary change?
Question: In what language is the river cruise conducted?
Great crew and cruise director. Boat appears nearly a new boat due to constant attention they give. Mosul was special and made the cruise.
The staff was excellent in accomodating my 88 year old mother who took her Rollator on-board The Gentle Walks worked well.
Great trip , loved all the discounts , and room upgrade. Allyson always answered my questions promptly.
Due to positioning issues, we were changed to a sister ship, Affinity II. The layout was excellent with several large public areas either inside or protected from the weather; those areas inside had wonderful panorama windows. The Cat A cabin was a good size, comfortable with an excellent bathroom layout and great shower. We ran into low water conditions on the Rhine and therefore had to do part of the cruise via land. Avalon handled this as best as possible and kept our inconvenience to a minimum. Their rearrangements were less disruptive than other river cruisers we bumped in to. The only negatives are the noise level in the dining room and the cabins on the port side sometimes had diesel fumes (many of us experienced this); the starboard cabins did not have this problem (only reason for not giving a top score for cabin)
The ship and staff were great. There was concern about low river levels, but they handled the situation very well. As a result, we had not problems and stayed on schedule throughout the cruise. This was a new cruise combining the Rhine and Moselle rivers, and it was one of the best we've had. We now have had 5 cruises with Avalon.
I've now been on 3 river cruises with Avalon and have loved each one.
Our river cruise on Avalon was fabulous. The cruise director was professional and always available for any questions and he went out of his way to make sure our travel experience was a good one. The entire crew on the Avalon was amazing. Every crew member was cheerful, and always helpful. They all had a sense of humor and engaged with all our fellow travelers in a delightful way. The crew made this trip even more special. The food was delicious. This was one of our best trips ever.
Our cruise director was always available, helpful and courteous. In addition, he was extremely entertaining, so his information stuck, and he went out of his way to make sure that we were able to make the most of any free time we had, by providing suggestions, tips and recommendations. I loved his port talks and receiving the printed itinerary and additional information and maps for the next day. I have kept every one of them in the folder provided, and still refer them for information on our destinations. The rest of the crew on the Artistry II were always friendly, efficient and provided quality service, from the waiters and the stewards all the way to the Captain. Absolutely wonderful experience-Avalon does it again.
Our tour director was fabulous. Everything ran like clockwork. The Moselle river is the most beautiful river we have ever been on.
Delightful experience. Great itinerary. Wonderful food and service.
Everything went according to plans for the city stays and the riverboat cruise. Unfortunately, we could have had a little better weather.
This was an awesome first class Tour in a great part of Europe.
Additional included tours were provided but not listed in the brochure. A plus. Lots of vineyards and lots of castles.
The trip was wonderful. Highly recommended.
We had a wonderful trip with both Monogram and Avalon. We Totally enjoyed our experience. Would definitely recommend both travel companies to others.
This trip exceeded our expectations...have already booked our new trip through Affordable and recommended Affordable and Avalon River cruise to others.
Had a great time Avelon ship great food great all was good