Danube Dreams with 2 Nights in Prague (Eastbound) 2020
Danube Dreams with 2 Nights in Prague (Eastbound) 2020
Operator: Avalon Waterways
Ship: Imagery II
Starts: Prague, Czech Republic on Mon, Nov 02, 2020
Ends: Prague, Czech Republic on Wed, Nov 11, 2020
Why Pay Retail? Call us or click for a quick quote and save money!
We have Low Prices on Avalon Waterways (Globus) - Guaranteed!
Up to $500 Welcome Back Credit for Repeat Travelers
Up to $500 Welcome Back Credit for Repeat Travelers
- Spend $2499 or less and receive $100 credit
- Spend $2500 - $3499 and receive $150 credit
- Spend $3500 - $4499 and receive $200 credit
- Spend $4500 & Over and receive $250 credit
The Welcome Back Credit will be awarded upon completion of Globus family of brands vacations from 2019 onward. Credit amount can only be applied to the land/cruise or cruise only portion of a new Globus family of brands vacation (excluding Escapes by Globus, 2020 Oberammergau, select Cosmos tours, Monograms City Getaways, and Custom/Charter vacations). Credit amount is per person and must be redeemed for a future vacation with a deposit within 2 years from date of credit issue. Bookings can be made by contacting your preferred travel agent. Passenger name or past invoice number is required to redeem the credit. Combinable with all applicable consumer promotions except those with any Globus family of brands special discount programs of the vacation price. Credit is not redeemable for cash, non-refundable deposit, airfare, transfers, travel insurance, prepaid gratuities, pre/post nights, or optional excursions and is non-transferrable. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Valid for all participating Globus family of brands offices. Additional restrictions may apply.
We Are Committed To:
When you book a trip with us, whether it's halfway around the world or in your own backyard, you can rest assured that you'll benefit from our vast experience in the travel industry, our award winning service and client satisfaction.Read More
Book With Flexibility
- Peace of Mind
Complimentary "Peace of Mind" Travel Plan for 2021 trips
- Change Destination / Vacation
Change to a different destination or vacation with the Globus Family of Brands.
- Change Dates
Choose new departure dates if your plans change.
- Great Service
Award-winning service, low prices, client satisfaction
Your European adventure begins with two nights in Prague, capital of the Czech Republic. Guided sightseeing shows you its best-known treasures. See the Astronomical Clock, Hradcany Castle, and St. Vitus Cathedral. Regensburg is one of Germany’s best-preserved medieval cities. Guided sightseeing will show you the Old Town Hall, the Porta Pretoria and many mansions with high towers denoting the status and wealth of their early owners. Transfer to Deggendorf where your river cruise journey begins.Passau, Germany, is called the “City of Three Rivers” as it lies at the confluence of the Danube, Inn, and Ilz rivers. Explore the city with a Local Guide and admire the Patrician houses and baroque St. Stephen’s Cathedral. Linz, Austria, offers the Hauptplatz, Austria’s largest medieval square which forms the center of the city. Enjoy the magnificent views as your river cruise takes you through the picturesque wine region of Wachau Valley. In Dürnstein, see the famous blue and white Stiftskirche and taste some of the local wines. Vienna, the “City of Music,” makes an immediate impression with its lavish Hofburg Imperial Palace and neo-renaissance Vienna Opera House. In Bratislava, the capital of Slovakia, a guided walk takes you through the delightful Old Town and to the gothic St. Martin’s Cathedral.In Budapest, the vibrant capital of Hungary, you’ll see the must-see sights with a local expert; in your free time stroll along the main shopping street of Váci utca, or take pictures from Fishermen’s Bastion, which provides the best panoramic views of Budapest.From the Golden City of Prague to the Pearl of the Danube in Budapest, your European river cruise is an experience not to be missed!
- Day 1PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLICMon, Nov 02, 2020Welcome to the Golden City of Prague–Explore the City of 100 SpiresEnjoy free time to explore the Golden City and its surrounding countryside at your leisure.
- Day 2PRAGUETue, Nov 03, 2020Bridges, Books, Crystal & Chocolate—Simple Pleasures and Grand Surprises Around Every Corner CLASSIC Take a Guided City Walk to visit Hradčany Castle Grounds; see St. Vitus Cathedral and Old Town’s Astronomical Clock. Later, you may join a Guided Optional Excursion to experience Prague through the eyes of a local. Lose the crowds and discover the charming local spots that are part of everyday life in Prague.Consider sampling delicious plum dumplings and traditional Pilsner lager beside the Vltava River. Mingle with the locals and be mesmerized by street performers in Wenceslas Square, or browse the market stalls at Charles Bridge.In the evening, you might like to join an Optional Folklore Dinner Show, sampling traditional Czech cuisine in an authentic Prague setting. (B)
- Day 3REGENSBURG, GERMANY—DEGGENDORF (EMBARKATION)Wed, Nov 04, 2020Magical Regensburg—Bavaria’s Medieval Miracle CLASSIC Join a Guided City Walk in Regensburg and see Altes Rathaus (Old Town Hall) and Porta Pretoria—built in 179 AD as the entrance to Castra Regina fortress. Take free time to enjoy a hearty lunch and a local beer, then step back in time through historic lanes and squares of today’s modern and vibrant Regensburg. Continue on to Deggendorf to board your Avalon Suite Ship® for a welcome reception.EVENING CRUISE TO PASSAU(B,D)
- Day 4PASSAU—SCHLÖGEN OXBOWThu, Nov 05, 2020Go for Baroque in Passau–Where the Danube, Inn, and Ilz Rivers Meet CLASSIC Join a Guided City Walk to learn more about this beautiful “City of Three Rivers.” ACTIVE Follow your Avalon Adventure Host for Hiking from Oberhaus along a trail down to the valley and along Ilz River.Spend a little free time before sailing to Linz to walk the cobblestone streets and galleries of Artists’ Alley or peek into St. Stephen’s Cathedral to possibly catch a concert rehearsal. This afternoon, cruise to Linz through the Schlögen Oxbow, a particularly beautiful horseshoe-shaped bend of the river. Later, enjoy live entertainment on board. OVERNIGHT DOCKING IN LINZ (B,L,D)
- Day 5LINZ, AUSTRIAFri, Nov 06, 2020Fall in Love with Linz–Legendary Art, Music, and the Linzer Torte! CLASSIC Take a Guided Walk through the city’s historic and beautiful sites along the shore of the Danube and see Hauptplatz—Austria’s largest medieval square—and the towering white-marble Trinity Column. Consider a full-day Guided Optional Excursion to Salzburg—the city of Mozart, or to the picturesque Bohemian town of Cesky Krumlov. Alternatively, feel free to enjoy the afternoon on your own to bike along the banks of the Danube with a picnic from the ship, or hike through Linz’s beautiful nature trails to Pöstlingberg for a bird’s-eye view of the city and river below. EVENING/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO MELK (B,L,D)
- Day 6MELK—WACHAU VALLEYSat, Nov 07, 2020Striking Frescoes and Breathtaking Views of the Wachau Valley CLASSIC Take a Guided Tour of Melk’s magnificent Benedictine Abbey to marvel at its frescoed ceilings, statues, incredible library, and ornate pipe organ.Later, stretch out on the Sky Deck as you sail through the Wachau Valley past vineyards, castles, and charming villages on your way to Dürnstein.DÜRNSTEIN Fairytale Castles, Kings, and CobblestonesCLASSIC Join a Guided Walk, and hear the legendary tale of King Richard the Lionheart—who was imprisoned in the castle during the Crusades, OR:ACTIVE Join a Guided Hike up to the castle ruins to take in the spectacular view of the village, Danube, and the Wachau Valley below. Later, enjoy live entertainment on board your ship. OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO VIENNA (B,L,D)
- Day 7VIENNASun, Nov 08, 2020Strauss, Schnitzel, Strudel, and Sachertorte DISCOVERY Visit Austria’s largest art museum, the Kunsthistorisches MuseumJoin including the Kuntskammer’s remarkable collection of more than 2,100 valuable objects, which were collected through the centuries by the emperors and archdukes of Habsburg.CLASSIC Venture into the Habsburg empire with a morning Guided City Tour of Vienna’s gilded landmarks. See the Imperial Palace complex—Winter residence of the Imperial Family, the historic Vienna Opera House and stunning St. Stephen’s Cathedral.You may decide to take a Guided Optional Excursion to Schönbrunn Palace—the former imperial summer home and vast gardens with a history spanning 300 years of the Habsburg monarchy. In your free time why not stroll through pedestrian Kärntnerstrasse—the most famous shopping avenue in central Vienna. Take a bike ride through the city and stop in a local café to enjoy authentic Austrian confections of Sachertorte or Apfelstrudel.Later this evening, you may choose to attend an Optional Excursion to a Royal Waltz Concert for an unforgettable evening of music in an elegant hall.OVERNIGHT DOCKING IN VIENNA(B,L,D)
- Day 8BRATISLAVA, SLOVAKIAMon, Nov 09, 2020Classic and Contemporary—from Cathedrals and Castle Enjoy a leisurely morning sail to Bratislava. CLASSIC Take a Guided City Walk, including the quaint streets of Old Town, Town Hall, and fantastic St. Martin’s Cathedral.Enjoy some free time to take Nordic walking sticks from the ship and hike to Bratislava Castle. OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO BUDAPEST(B,L,D)
- Day 9BUDAPEST, HUNGARYTue, Nov 10, 2020The Pearl of the Danube in the Heart of Europe CLASSIC Enjoy a Guided City Sightseeing, including the iconic Heroes’ Square.Take in the beauty of Budapest while enjoying a free afternoon exploring such famous sights as the Chain Bridge. Get to know the city’s cafés and pubs, or take a hike through the hills above the Danube.OVERNIGHT DOCKING IN BUDAPEST(B,L,D)
- Day 10BUDAPEST (DISEMBARKATION)Wed, Nov 11, 2020Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning.(B)
- In the event of technical or water level issues, it may be necessary to operate the itinerary by motorcoach or alter the program, including hotel overnight when necessary.
- Included visits and special features are subject to change. If a change is necessary, a substitute will be offered.
- Please check visa requirements with your local consulate(s); responsibility for obtaining visas rests with the traveler.
Day 1 Prague: welcome to Prague
Day 2 Prague: guided sightseeing, see the Astronomical Clock and visit Hradčany Castle grounds
Day 3 Prague—Regensburg, Germany—Deggendorf (Embarkation): travel by motorcoach to Regensburg, guided sightseeing; transfer to Deggendorf; onboard welcome reception
Day 4 Passau: guided walk; guided hike
Day 5 Linz, Austria: guided sightseeing
Day 6 Melk—Wachau Valley—Dürnstein: guided visit of the Benedictine Abbey in Melk; cruise through the Wachau Valley; choice of guided walk, or hike up to the castle ruins in Dürnstein; wine tasting
Day 7 Vienna: choice of guided sightseeing, or visit of the Kunsthistorisches Museum
Day 8 Bratislava: guided sightseeing, visit St. Martin’s Cathedral
Day 9 Budapest: guided tour, see Heroes’ Square
Day 10 Budapest (Disembarkation): your vacation ends this morning
Gratuities to Local Guides & Excursion Drivers are included.
Avalon offers the opportunity for solo travelers to sail with no single supplement (subject to availability).
Please call for single accommodation price. Triples not available.
Extra nights per person in Prague:
in single room from $211 to $333, in twin room from $132 to $333
Extra nights per person in Budapest:
in single room from $252 to $368, in twin room from $153 to $204
All prices per person based on double occupancy. Cruise price based on Category E in a deluxe outside stateroom on Indigo Deck. See below for upgrade pricing.
Hygiene and Safety Protocols for Avalon Waterways
Today's world has changed, but what remains certain is Avalon Waterways' commitment to guest safety, comfort and peace-of-mind while traveling with us. To that end, Avalon Waterways has established a worldwide Assurance program, with enhanced on-trip protocols and procedures, to ensure the health – and happiness – of guests throughout their travels with us.
It all starts with Avalon Waterways' Global Health & Safety Team, dedicated to ensuring that cleanliness of all operations exceeds today’s travel standards—from start to finish. The following areas address Avalon Waterways' commitment to providing a safe and clean environment for guests.
New embarkation procedures to offer guests a safe start to their journey, including:
- Social distancing throughout embarkation
- Mandatory health screening, including touch-free temperature-check, for all guests and crew
- Luggage disinfection prior to onboarding (with crew wearing gloves and masks)
FRESH AIR, INSIDE AND OUT:
In addition to Avalon Waterways' Open-Air staterooms, the air in the ships is not circulated between staterooms; only within an individual stateroom and mixed with fresh, outside air.
BLENDING CULTURAL PROXIMITY WITH SOCIAL DISTANCE:
New social distancing guidelines for guests throughout their Avalon cruise include:
- Reducing ship capacity as required for more space on board per guest
- Introducing more dining venues for more dining space per person
- Crew wearing masks for the duration of the cruise during any guest interaction
- Providing masks for guests to wear during any event where social proximity could become an issue, including disembarkation for excursions and safety drills
- Adjusting ratio of guides and coaches for excursions, as required
NEW TECHNOLOGY TO ENSURE CLEANLINESS:
- Electrostatic disinfecting systems
- UV disinfecting systems
TOUCHING HEARTS, NOT HANDS:
Reducing risk with hands-free service, including:
- More hand-sanitizing stations throughout the ship
- Required use of hand-sanitizing stations when leaving the ship, returning to the ship and entering dining venues as well as entering each public/common space
- Self-serve stations, including buffets, drinks, specialty coffees and snacks have been replaced with crew service
- All buffets (breakfast and lunch) replaced by a full range of á la carte menu choices
- Hourly (or more frequent) disinfection of all public areas
COMMITMENT TO THE CLEANEST SHIPS:
Enhanced cleaning procedures throughout each ship, including these additional steps that go above-and-beyond Avalon’s already strict procedures:
- Deep disinfection of each stateroom between cruises, including:
- Use of disinfectants and cleaning materials that meet the highest standards
- Soft goods in each stateroom (mattress, sofa, window coverings, chairs, etc.) disinfected between cruises
- Disinfection of all dining areas between meals
- Disinfection of all shared items like umbrellas, bicycles and other Adventure Center items
- Disinfection of all goods prior to loading on the ship
- Ongoing crew training in protective equipment use and hygiene
FOCUS ON CREW HEALTH:
Ensuring a healthy crew, including:
- Medical certificate required prior to start of contract
- Daily temperature checks
- Social distancing in crew living quarters
- Regular health screenings
Life on Board
Questions & Answers
Question: Will the day-by-day itinerary change?
Question: In what language is the river cruise conducted?
The trip I booked was everything promised. The Paris to Normandy trip was great as was the extension trip to London. I appreciated the ability to upgrade the train trip to first class.
This was our first river cruise. We had taken a motor coach tour before. It is truly advantageous to take your room with. The crew of the ship were great. The cruise director was great. Overall the cruise was a fun trip and a great value.
Everything went as planned and schedules. Excellent tour guide, Isabel was always available and kept us well informed. Two come n on board entertainment groups were a highlight. Very versatile. .
Trip was great and everything went smooth except for getting thru the airports. This of course was not your fault. Will think twice before taking another international flight.
Avalon is a beautiful cruise line - the Imagery II is a beautiful ship, spotless, everything on it in perfect condition. Very large room, the glass wall that opens is great, and a very spacious, lovely bathroom. The service was superb. It was our first river cruise and we loved it!
The Avalon River Cruise was excellent. Had a great time and the cost of the cruise included just about everything.
Avalon Waterways went out of their way to make us have a good time. It was better than I expected.
The entire staff was friendly, courteous, competent, and professional. The meals were superb and the ship was fabulous. We would sail again with Avalon!
Our Avalon river cruise was everything we expected and more. The on-board staff was friendly and courteous, the tour director thorough and knowledgeable, and the ship and accommodations clean and comfortable. The food: superb!!
Overall, we enjoyed our vacation with Avalon Waterways and felt we received excellent customer service from all. Our Cruise Director was good, but not great, seemed a little less than fully engaged at times. This is a minor point and not meant to detract from our Captain and crew, nor the city tour guides we had, who were largely excellent.
This was our fifth river cruise, but first one with Avalon. The room was very nice with a very comfortable bed and large bathroom and shower. The staff was very helpful and friendly with very good food and wine at the meals. There was one day of only river cruising, no port stops, that seemed a little boring. For some, it may have been nice to sleep late and not do anything. We would have liked to have had some onboard options of activities (i.e. demonstrations, lectures, movies, etc.). We love river cruises due to the size of the boat, ease of getting on/off the boat at ports and ability to get to know the staff and fellow passengers due to the smaller number of passengers.
Very professional - wonderful crew and trip!
Everything was great. The motel in Prague was in a great location and the room was nice but for the stained carpet and the lack off air in halls and lobby so so. Thanks