Melodies of the Danube Cruise (Budapest to Prague) 2020
Melodies of the Danube Cruise (Budapest to Prague) 2020
Starts: Budapest, Hungary on Fri, Nov 13, 2020
Ends: Prague, Czech Republic on Wed, Nov 25, 2020
Please see below brochure cabin pricing
We have the best value and service on AmaWaterways River Cruises
$100 per person Military Service Member Savings
$100 per person Military Service Member Savings
Military discount is $100 [C$120] off per person, applicable to cruise only, and is valid on new bookings only. Must be active military or retired with valid military ID. Offer is combinable with other promotions and discounts available at the time of booking. Offer is limited to availability, capacity controlled and subject to change or termination without notice. Other restrictions apply. Registration as a seller of travel does not constitute approval by the State of California.
We Are Committed To:
When you book a trip with us, whether it's halfway around the world or in your own backyard, you can rest assured that you'll benefit from our vast experience in the travel industry, our award winning service, low prices, and client satisfaction.Read More
2 nights Budapest, 7-night cruise from Budapest to Vilshofen and 3 nights in Prague
- Day 1Fri, Nov 13, 2020BUDAPEST, HUNGARY. Arrive in Budapest and transfer to your hotel.
- Day 2Sat, Nov 14, 2020BUDAPEST. Budapest is one of Europe'''s most regaland storied cities'''and many of its iconic sights are justoff the banks of the Danube. Today'''s tour takes you to theJewish Quarter and its treasures. The Great Synagogue,the largest in Europe and the second largest in the world,is at its heart. Other prominent attractions include theHolocaust Memorial, a willow tree with names inscribedon each leaf; and the Shoes on the Danube. (B)
- Day 3Sun, Nov 15, 2020BUDAPEST ''' EMBARKATION. Check out ofyour hotel to board your luxurious ship. (B,D)
- Day 4Mon, Nov 16, 2020BUDAPEST. Budapest offers an unmatched combination of culture, tradition and even a secret labyrinth of caves under the city. Your city tour begins with a visit to the Great Market Hall before going to both the Buda (hilly) and the Pest (flat) sides of the river. You'''ll see Heroes''' Square and Castle Hill, home to the Fisherman'''s Bastion and Mattias Church. As an alternative, you can hike up to Castle Hill for breathtaking views of the city below. (B,L,D)
- Day 5Tue, Nov 17, 2020BRATISLAVA, SLOVAKIA. Host to the crowning ceremonies of 11 Hungarian kings and queens between 1536 and 1830, Bratislava certainly has earned the title '''Coronation City of Kings,''' as you'''ll discover during your walking tour. Or join a special '''Tastes of Slovakia''' tour. For a more active adventure, hike up to Bratislava Castle, offering magnificent views of the city. (B,L,D) *Please Note: Wine Cruise itineraries are modified and will not visit Bratislava. Instead of visiting Bratislava, guests will enjoy visiting the charming winemaking town of Gobelsberg.
- Day 6Wed, Nov 18, 2020VIENNA, AUSTRIA. The '''City of Waltzes''' offers a wealth of gems and your city tour showcases its regal splendors, including the majestic Opera House and the former Imperial Palace of the Habsburgs. Conclude your tour in Vienna'''s historic city center and then visit St. Stephen'''s Cathedral, or discover Vienna by bike. During the afternoon, enjoy leisure time to further explore this iconic city. (B,L,D)
- Day 7Thu, Nov 19, 2020WEISSENKIRCHEN ''' GREIN. After reaching Weissenkirchen, you'''ll be treated to several choices of excursions. Take a walking tour of D''rnstein before visiting the UNESCO-designated Melk Abbey. Or opt for a walking tour of Weissenkirchen followed by an abbey visit. For a more culinary-focused experience, join a walking tour in D''rnstein, then enjoy a wine tasting hosted by a local vintner and sample special apricot treats from a local boutique. If you prefer a more active adventure, join a guided bike tour to Melk or hike up to the fortress where Richard the Lionheart was once held. Later in the day, sail through the Strudengau Valley to medieval Grein for an exclusive visit to the more than 500-year-old Greinburg Castle, looming regally from above. While here, enjoy a folklore show and wine reception. (B,L,D)
- Day 8Fri, Nov 20, 2020LINZ, AUSTRIA. The ship arrives in Linz where you can optfor a full-day excursion to Salzburg and tour the historiccenter, Mirabell Gardens, Residenz Square and the Old Market. En route to Salzburg, stop at Mondsee, home of theBasilica St. Michael. Or join a walking tour through the oldcity center of Linz and by the Mozart House; or bike alongthe city'''s famed '''Cultural Mile''' and the Danube. Later inthe day, visit the charming Czech mountain town of ''esk''Krumlov. (B,L,D)
- Day 9Sat, Nov 21, 2020PASSAU, GERMANY ''' VILSHOFEN. Discover the city of Passau in one of three ways. Enjoy a walking tour and marvel at Gothic and Italian Baroque architecture and St. Stephen'''s Cathedral. Or choose between a guided bike tour along the Danube River, or a guided hike up to the Veste Oberhaus fortress. Later, cruise to Vilshofen, where you will be treated to a festive Oktoberfest celebration''' an AmaWaterways exclusive. (B,L,D)
- Day 10Sun, Nov 22, 2020VILSHOFEN ''' DISEMBARKATION ''' REGENSBURG ''' PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC. Depart the ship and drive through the countryside to Regensburg, one of Germany'''s best preserved medieval cities, which you'''ll discover on a guided walking tour showcasing the city'''s architectural highlights, including the Old Town Hall and the Porta Praetoria. After touring Regensburg, continue your journey on to Prague. (B)
- Day 11Mon, Nov 23, 2020PRAGUE. Discover Prague on a city tour or a castle hike. Both will reveal why Prague is considered one of Europe'''s most attractive cities, with a historic city center that'''s recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. (B)
- Day 12Tue, Nov 24, 2020PRAGUE. Beer has a long and illustrious history in the Czech Republic, so join a tasting and discover some of the very best beer in the world. (B)
- Day 13Wed, Nov 25, 2020DEPART PRAGUE. Bid farewell to Prague and prepare for your homeward flight. (B)
- SPACIOUS STATEROOMS
- 7 nights luxury accommodation in an outside stateroom (most with twin balconies)
- Computer for internet access
- Entertainment-On-Demand in all staterooms featuring free high-speed internet access, movies, a music library and English language TV stations
- Mini-fridge, desk and sitting area
- Bottled water replenished daily
- AN ARRAY OF AMENITIES
- Wellness Activities with a dedicated Wellness Host leading various exercise classes as well as discussions on healthy eating and relaxation techniques, both on board and on shore.
- Personalized service from a highly trained Cruise Manager during both cruise and land programs
- Internet and Wi-Fi access
- Sun deck pool with swim-up bar and walking track
- Fitness room
- Main Lounge with panoramic views and bar
- Bottled water in every stateroom replenished daily
- Daily entertainment including cultural performances
- AWARD-WINNING DINING
- All onboard dining in a variety of venues
- Regionally inspired cuisine made with locally sourced ingredients
- The Chef'''s Table specialty restaurant
- Welcome Cocktail, Welcome Dinner, La Cha''ne des R''tisseurs Dinner, Captain's Cocktail and Gala Dinner
- La Cha''ne des R''tisseurs exclusive dining experience
- Unlimited fine wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner
- Unlimited sparkling wine and fresh juice with breakfast
- Sip & Sail Cocktail Hour with complimentary wine, beer, spirits and soft drinks
- Tapas, sandwiches, snacks and refreshments served daily in the Main Lounge
- A WORLD OF EXPLORATION
- Immersive tours in every destination
- Gentle, regular, active and late-riser tour options
- Bike tours and hikes
- Special Interest Tours
- Knowledgeable guides
- Personal headset for easy exploration
- Airport transfers with purchase of air from AmaWaterways
- Land Program
- 2 nights hotel in Budapest at the Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge (or similar), including tour and daily breakfast; and transfer to ship
- Transfer from the ship in Vilshofen to Regensburgwith city tour and then on to Prague
- 3 nights hotel in Prague at the Marriott (or similar),including city tour, Czech beer tasting and dailybreakfast
Life on Board
Questions & Answers
Question: Will the day-by-day itinerary change?
Question: In what language is the river cruise conducted?
Similar Itineraries Other Travelers Liked
|Nov 13, 2020||AmaWaterways||AmaCerto||13||$4,589|
|Nov 13, 2020||AmaWaterways||AmaPrima||13||$4,589|
|Nov 18, 2020||Scenic||Scenic Crystal||15||$6,595|
|Nov 18, 2020||AmaWaterways||AmaSerena||13||$4,489|
|Nov 20, 2020||AmaWaterways||AmaMagna||13||$4,689|
We booked the cruise and extensions which was 24 days. Evidentially, this trip could have been booked in segments which we were not aware of as the coming and going of various groups was very strange throughout. We started in Prague, always a great adventure. We were to go to Nuremberg, but due to low water were bused to the ship departure, Vilshofen, with options to hit the first two ports we missed by bus as excursions. Other folks joined from Vienna, a large group came onboard, and we were nearly at max going down the river. All but 18 people left at Budapest, including the Cruise Director. At that point we found out the second portion was a Wine Cruise with a different name, new director, and new passengers came aboard bringing us to capacity once again. So this became two cruises, actually, with totally different passengers on each except the original 18. As we continued for the extension, there were 40 of us until the end in Bucharest. One can see how this was rather disfunctional and more like a train ride with customers joining and departing continuously. Never knew who would be at dinner the next night. This may work from a business point, but very confusing to those that just purchased a single cruise with extensions and enjoyed meeting folks as we sailed down the river. Had I known there would be such a revolving door would have researched better and re-evaluated my choice. AMA, as always did a superb job, but the logistics of this whole adventure must have been a nightmare and stressful for the staff. Vacations need continuity.
All the arrangements were made through Affordable Tours and everything went as planned.
The trip was outstanding. Very professional staff and excellent accommodations.
River cruise with AmaWaterways was great. No problems. It was a great cruise.
Everything was included in the price of this tour including the off shore excursions. There were so many excursions that the week went by very quick.
It was freezing cold and yet still a fantastic vacation!