Melodies of the Danube Cruise (Budapest to Prague) 2020
Melodies of the Danube Cruise (Budapest to Prague) 2020
Starts: Budapest, Hungary on Wed, Nov 18, 2020
Ends: Prague, Czech Republic on Mon, Nov 30, 2020
Please see below brochure cabin pricing
We have the best value and service on AmaWaterways River Cruises
$100 per person Military Service Member Savings
$100 per person Military Service Member Savings
Military discount is $100 [C$120] off per person, applicable to cruise only, and is valid on new bookings only. Must be active military or retired with valid military ID. Offer is combinable with other promotions and discounts available at the time of booking. Offer is limited to availability, capacity controlled and subject to change or termination without notice. Other restrictions apply. Registration as a seller of travel does not constitute approval by the State of California.
We Are Committed To:
When you book a trip with us, whether it's halfway around the world or in your own backyard, you can rest assured that you'll benefit from our vast experience in the travel industry, our award winning service, low prices, and client satisfaction.Read More
2 nights Budapest, 7-night cruise from Budapest to Vilshofen and 3 nights in Prague
- Day 1Wed, Nov 18, 2020BUDAPEST, HUNGARY. Arrive in Budapest and transfer to your hotel.
- Day 2Thu, Nov 19, 2020BUDAPEST. Once the co-capital of the Austro-Hungarian empire (along with Vienna), Budapest is one of Europe'''s most regal and storied cities'''and many of its most iconic sights can be seen right off the banks of the Danube. Today'''s tour takes you to another side of Budapest to the Jewish Quarter, where there are some real treasures. The Great Synagogue, the largest Synagogue in Europe and the second largest in the world, located in Doh''ny Street represents the beating heart of this quarter. Other prominent attractions include the Holocaust Memorial, a weeping willow tree with the names of Hungarian Jews killed during the Holocaust inscribed on each leaf; and the Shoes on the Danube, a memorial to the Budapest Jews who were shot by Arrow Cross militiamen between 1944 and 1945. (B)
- Day 3Fri, Nov 20, 2020BUDAPEST ''' EMBARKATION. Check out of your hotel to board your luxurious ship. During the evening, be treated to a special Illuminations cruise around Budapest'''s famed Parliament building as at night, the city virtually glitters as these landmarks are awash in lights. (B,D)
- Day 4Sat, Nov 21, 2020BUDAPEST. Budapest offers an unmatched combination of culture, tradition and even a secret labyrinth of caves under the city. Your city tour begins with a visit to the Great Market Hall before going to both the Buda (hilly) and the Pest (flat) sides of the river. You'''ll see Heroes''' Square and Castle Hill, home to the Fisherman'''s Bastion and Mattias Church. As an alternative, you can hike up to Castle Hill for breathtaking views of the city below. (B,L,D)
- Day 5Sun, Nov 22, 2020BRATISLAVA, SLOVAKIA. Host to the crowning ceremonies of 11 Hungarian kings and queens between 1536 and 1830, Bratislava certainly has earned the title '''Coronation City of Kings''' as you'''ll discover during your walking tour. Or join a culinary host to sample traditional Slovakian specialties, as well as learn how to prepare stuffed potato ravioli with an opportunity to taste your own creation. For a more active adventure, hike up to Bratislava Castle, offering magnificent views of the city. (B,L,D)
- Day 6Mon, Nov 23, 2020VIENNA, AUSTRIA. The '''City of Waltzes''' offers a wealth of gems and your city tour showcases its regal splendors, including the majestic Opera House and the former Imperial Palace of the Habsburgs. Conclude your tour in Vienna'''s historic city center and then visit St. Stephen'''s Cathedral, or discover Vienna by bike. During the afternoon, enjoy leisure time to further explore this iconic city. (B,L,D)
- Day 7Tue, Nov 24, 2020WEISSENKIRCHEN ''' GREIN. After reaching Weissenkirchen, you'''ll be treated to several choices of excursions. Take a walking tour of D''rnstein before visiting the UNESCO-designated Melk Abbey. Or opt for a walking tour of Weissenkirchen followed by an abbey visit. For a more culinary-focused experience, join a walking tour in D''rnstein, then enjoy a wine tasting hosted by a local vintner and sample special apricot treats from a local boutique. If you prefer a more active adventure, join a guided bike tour to Melk or hike up to the fortress where Richard the Lionheart was once held. Later in the day, sail through the Strudengau Valley to medieval Grein for an exclusive visit to the more than 500-year-old Greinburg Castle, looming regally from above. While here, enjoy a folklore show and wine reception. (B,L,D)
- Day 8Wed, Nov 25, 2020LINZ. The ship arrives in Linz where you'''ll have several choices of excursions. Opt for a full-day excursion to Salzburg where you'''ll tour the historic center, Mirabell Gardens, Residenz Square and the Old Market. En route to Salzburg, stop at Mondsee, home of the Basilica St. Michael. Or join a morning walking tour through the old city center of Linz and by the Mozart House; or go on a bike tour of the city'''s famed '''Cultural Mile''' and the Danube. You can also choose to visit charming ''esk'' Krumlov, located just over the Czech-Austrian border. (B,L,D)
- Day 9Thu, Nov 26, 2020PASSAU, GERMANY ''' VILSHOFEN. Discover the 2,000-year-old city of Passau in one of three ways. Enjoy a walking tour and marvel at Gothic and Italian Baroque architecture and St. Stephen'''s Cathedral. Guests looking for a more active morning can choose between a guided bike tour along the Danube River, or a guided hike up to the Veste Oberhaus Fortress. Later, the ship cruises to Vilshofen, where you will be treated to a festive Oktoberfest celebration with local beer, Bavarian folk music and dancing'''an AmaWaterways exclusive. (B,L,D)
- Day 10Fri, Nov 27, 2020VILSHOFEN ''' DISEMBARKATION ''' REGENSBURG ''' PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC. Depart the ship and drive through the countryside to Regensburg, one of Germany'''s best preserved medieval cities, which you'''ll discover on a guided walking tour showcasing the city'''s architectural highlights, including the Old Town Hall and the Porta Praetoria. After touring Regensburg, continue your journey on to Prague. (B)
- Day 11Sat, Nov 28, 2020PRAGUE. Discover Prague on a city tour or a castle hike. Both will reveal why Prague is considered one of Europe'''s most attractive cities, with a historic city center that'''s recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. (B)
- Day 12Sun, Nov 29, 2020PRAGUE. Beer has a long and illustrious history in the Czech Republic, so join a tasting and discover some of the very best beer in the world. (B)
- Day 13Mon, Nov 30, 2020DEPART PRAGUE. Bid farewell to Prague and prepare for your homeward flight. (B)
- SPACIOUS STATEROOMS
- 7 nights luxury accommodation in an outside stateroom (most with twin balconies)
- Computer for internet access
- Entertainment-On-Demand in all staterooms featuring free high-speed internet access, movies, a music library and English language TV stations
- Mini-fridge, desk and sitting area
- Bottled water replenished daily
- AN ARRAY OF AMENITIES
- Wellness Activities with a dedicated Wellness Host leading various exercise classes as well as discussions on healthy eating and relaxation techniques, both on board and on shore.
- Personalized service from a highly trained Cruise Manager during both cruise and land programs
- Internet and Wi-Fi access
- Sun deck pool with swim-up bar and walking track
- Fitness room
- Main Lounge with panoramic views and bar
- Bottled water in every stateroom replenished daily
- Daily entertainment including cultural performances
- AWARD-WINNING DINING
- All onboard dining in a variety of venues
- Regionally inspired cuisine made with locally sourced ingredients
- The Chef'''s Table specialty restaurant
- Welcome Cocktail, Welcome Dinner, La Cha''ne des R''tisseurs Dinner, Captain's Cocktail and Gala Dinner
- La Cha''ne des R''tisseurs exclusive dining experience
- Unlimited fine wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner
- Unlimited sparkling wine and fresh juice with breakfast
- Sip & Sail Daily Cocktail Hour with complimentary wine, beer, spirits and soft drinks
- Tapas, sandwiches, snacks and refreshments served daily in the Main Lounge
- A WORLD OF EXPLORATION
- Immersive tours in every destination
- Gentle, regular, active and late-riser tour options
- Bike tours and hikes
- Special Interest Tours
- Knowledgeable guides
- Personal headset for easy exploration
- Airport transfers with purchase of air from AmaWaterways
- Land Program
- 2 nights hotel in Budapest at the Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge (or similar), including tour and daily breakfast; and transfer to ship
- Transfer from the ship in Vilshofen to Regensburgwith city tour and then on to Prague
- 3 nights hotel in Prague at the InterContinental(or similar), including city tour, Czech beer tastingand daily breakfast
Life on Board
Questions & Answers
Question: Will the day-by-day itinerary change?
Question: In what language is the river cruise conducted?
Similar Itineraries Other Travelers Liked
|Nov 13, 2020||AmaWaterways||AmaCerto||13||$4,589|
|Nov 13, 2020||AmaWaterways||AmaPrima||13||$4,589|
|Nov 18, 2020||Scenic||Scenic Crystal||15||$6,595|
|Nov 18, 2020||AmaWaterways||AmaSerena||13||$4,489|
|Nov 20, 2020||AmaWaterways||AmaMagna||13||$4,689|
we traveled with another river cruise line several years ago and much prefer ama waterways.
Our cruise was excellent. A perfect choice for us.
This trip with AMAWaterways was beyond outstanding from start to finish. The ship, crew, meals, and excursions were all excellent and exceeded my expectations. I loved it.
We were very well pleased with AmaWaterways, so much so that we made a deposit on a future trip with them. The ship was beautifully decorated for the Christmas market cruise. The tour manager and the ship's crew were highly professional and friendly. There were daily activities both off and on the ship to keep us entertained. The food and drink were wonderful. The itinerary was exactly as described.
AMA Waterways is indeed a first class operator. The shipboard staff were consistantly very helpful and courteous. The food was outstanding, plentiful and with many alternative dishes. Everything was very clean. The activities for the ports/cities visited were well planned with alternatives depending on whether one wanted a routine walking tour, agressive tour or biking tours. We enjoyed concerts, local entertainment, and scenic tours with local guides that were very knowledgeable and spoke perfect English. We cannot say enough about the experience on the AMA Waterways ship. Every situation was anticipated and accommodated. We look forward to the oppportunity to take another cruise on AMA Waterways.