Riviera River Cruises
Riviera River Cruises’ story began in the UK in 1984, when their parent company started escorting tours to the French Riviera. Since 2015, Riviera river cruises has introduced more than 128,000 passengers to the wonderful world of river cruising, and established a North American headquarters in Connecticut. As the UK’s leader in river cruising and tours, Riviera river cruises now offers 13 five-star ships, which are some of the most modern and well-appointed in Europe, on 15 amazing itineraries. Riviera river cruises are passionate about giving travelers the best experience possible. This is why they dedicate great care to designing inspiring journeys filled with visits that enlighten and entertain. At the same time, many special touches are included beyond the obvious, so customers return home feeling like they’ve connected with the heart of their destination. Also, a unique aspect of Riviera is they are the only river line to offer dedicated solo sailings. On those sailings every cabin and suite is sold with just one person in it with no supplement. Riviera river cruises story is just one of the many reasons why to cruise with Riviera.
Call for Low Prices!
Health and Safety Protocols on Riviera River Cruises
Everyone knows that the pandemic has impacted travel plans in recent months, but it’s now encouraging to see signs of recovery as countries re-open their borders and aircraft take to the skies. We can’t wait to start travelling again and we hope you’re looking forward to your forthcoming vacation more than ever.
We rigorously follow the guidance issued by the US Department of State and the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. You can access the very latest information via the State Department and CDC.
Health and Medication Advice
- Please ensure that all medication is packed with your hand luggage and take adequate supplies for the length of your trip. Please check with your airline first to ensure you are compliant with current airport security regulations with regards to medication.
- Whilst the travelling schedule on our holidays shall impose no problems for people of any age in normal physical health, we should like to point out that we visit many historical sites and often enjoy walking tours of various places of interest. Some holidays, therefore, may not be suitable for clients of greatly impaired mobility. If you have greatly impaired mobility then please contact us for further advice or click here to read more.
- We would request that you bring the name, address and telephone number of your Primary Care Physician as this is usually required by insurance companies if you become ill.
- If you have a physical disability or are undergoing medical treatment that may affect your ability to do the tour, and which you have not already informed us about, you must let us know in writing now. We will be able to advise you if the ship is equipped to meet your needs. If you do not inform us, the ship’s Captain may refuse passage or your travel insurance may become invalid.
- No immunizations are required to travel to European destinations.
- You may wish to take a basic first aid kit with you.
- Take high-factor sunscreen, a hat and insect repellent if you are travelling in the summer.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT): sitting immobile for long periods of time in aircraft, trains or coaches may increase the risk of DVT. Recent major surgery or hip/knee replacement can also increase DVT risk. Drink plenty of water, avoid alcohol, move your ankles and toes and get up and walk around regularly. For more information, see your physician.
- It is also advisable to take copies of any regular prescriptions you may take.
- If you have any concerns about your health while on the cruise please see your tour manager. They will be able to advise you about pharmacies, drug stores and the availability of doctors.
- There will be occasions when the tour manager isn’t immediately available and in this case the ship crew should be able to help. In an emergency you could always phone our emergency number as issued on your itinerary.