Avalon Waterways (Globus) River Cruises
Avalon Waterways River Cruises are brought to you by the Globus Family of Brands. Avalon Waterways sets the standard in river and small-ship cruising with the newest fleet, the most included shore excursions, the widest range of choices and extraordinary itineraries. Experienced travelers agree that an Avalon Waterways (Globus) river cruise is one of the most enjoyable and hassle-free ways to discover a destination. Avalon Waterways offers river-cruise itineraries in Europe, China, Egypt and the Galapagos Islands. *Save up to 50% on select itineraries. Our cruises have amazing low prices. Please call or submit a quote request for details.
Book With Flexibility
- Peace of Mind
Complimentary "Peace of Mind" Travel Plan for 2021 trips
- Change Destination / Vacation
Change to a different destination or vacation with the Globus Family of Brands.
- Change Dates
Choose new departure dates if your plans change.
- Great Service
Award-winning service, low prices, client satisfaction
Review: Active And Discovery On The Danube With Avalon Waterways
Active and Discovery on the Danube can be as active or leisurely as you like! Explore the art, food and history of Europe with Avalon Waterways.
Review: Danube Dreams With Avalon Waterways
From the Golden City of Prague to the Pearl of the Danube in Budapest, Danube Dreams with Avalon Waterways is an experience not to be missed!
Review: Central European Experience With Avalon Waterways
This Central European Experience with Avalon will take you from the gothic skyline of Prague to Remich on the Main, Rhine, and Moselle Rivers.
Review: Festive Time On The Romantic Rhine With Avalon Waterways
My “Festive Time on the Romantic Rhine with Avalon Waterways” certainly lived up to its namesake. Read more about the sights, food and experiences!
Review: Festive Season On The Legendary Danube With Avalon Waterways
Festive Season on the Legendary Danube with Avalon Waterways is the perfect 10 day river cruise from Prague to Budpest, with tours of iconic sites.
Review: Active And Discovery On The Rhine With Avalon Waterways
This was our first time on an Active and Discovery on the Rhine with Avalon Waterways cruise and it was a memorable experience.
Review: Romantic Rhine With Avalon Waterways
If you’re looking for ease and convenience when traveling-especially with family, I highly recommend the Romantic Rhine with Avalon.
Review: Active Discovery On The Rhine With Avalon Waterways
Active Discovery itinerary offers action-packed adventures and interactive discoveries of all kinds so travelers can choose their own Avalon excursions.
What’s New With Cruising In 2019?
Every year, cruise lines introduce the latest and greatest- be it new itineraries, new ports, new ships, or even new trends. Be on the lookout for what’s new with cruising in 2019.
Review: Burgundy And Provence With Avalon Waterways
Burgundy And Provence With Avalon Waterways sees the best cities in France. See why river cruising is our traveler’s favorite way to see the world!
Avalon Waterways (Globus) Promotions
Why Pay Retail? Nobody Has a Better Price!
- Receive $299 Air + $2000 Off 2021 Europe cruisesMention Promo Code: PR2810
- Plan A Vacation Day Flash Sale - Save an additional $200Mention Promo Code: PR2829
- Save $2,000 on select 2021 Mekong river cruisesMention Promo Code: PR2713
- Single supplement waived on select 2021 river cruisesMention Promo Code: PR2712
- Save $500 per couple on select 2021 Europe river cruisesMention Promo Code: PR2634
- Save $1500 on select 2021 Europe river cruisesMention Promo Code: PR2736
- Save $2000 on 2021 Colorful India & the Ganges riverMention Promo Code: PR2727
- Save $2000 on 2022 Colorful India & the Ganges riverMention Promo Code: PR2728
- Save $750 on select 2021 Europe river cruisesMention Promo Code: PR2801
- Receive $299 Air + $1000 Off 2021 Europe cruisesMention Promo Code: PR2802
- Receive $299 Air + $1500 Off 2021 Europe cruisesMention Promo Code: PR2806
- Single supplement waived on 2022 Mekong river cruisesMention Promo Code: PR2631
- Save $750 on 2022 Europe river cruisesMention Promo Code: PR2754
- Save $1,000 per couple on 2022 Europe river cruisesMention Promo Code: PR2755
- Save $1,500 per couple on select 2022 Europe river cruisesMention Promo Code: PR2756
- Single supplement waived on select 2022 Europe river cruisesMention Promo Code: PR2759
- Save $500 on select 2022 Europe river cruisesMention Promo Code: PR2766
- Save $1000 per couple on select 2021 Europe river cruisesMention Promo Code: PR2638
- Save $2,000 per couple on select 2022 Mekong river cruises!Mention Promo Code: PR2641
- Single supplement waived on select 2021 Europe river cruisesMention Promo Code: PR2630
Learn More About Avalon Waterways (Globus) River Cruises
Avalon Waterways is one of the most luxurious river cruise operations in the world, specializing in some unique destinations, and world class guest service. You simply need to see it to believe it. Having been in operation for many years, Avalon Waterways knows what it means to provide a vacation experience that you will leave you absolutely speechless. They have access to hundreds of ports around much of Europe, Africa, Asia, and even North America. Their incredible crew will have you completely relax and wanting for nothing during your stay aboard any one of our incredible luxury cruise ships. On average you will generally have 1 crew member for every 3 people onboard, meaning you will never need to wait or want for anything, with our team ready to assist you with anything that you may need. Their specialists and tour guides offer you some of the best in the way of insider travel, giving you access to places that are otherwise unreachable to tourists. They are knowledgeable in every aspect of the areas that we will be visiting and are ready to answer any questions that you may have. Whether you are looking for the next shopping area or simply want to know where to grab a quick bite near to the ship, they are ready to assist you in any what that they can. Their ships are what set them apart from other companies. While most ships offer you decent views from your rooms, they are one of the few cruise lines that offer you a fully unencumbered view from your stateroom. With our incredible wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling windows, you will be able to see absolutely everything there is to see while we are travelling and will be able to enjoy the sights and sounds of the cities and ports where they dock. They have a wide variety of travel routes that can be chosen from, giving you almost complete control over your vacation destinations. Their incredible team of customer service representatives and agents are ready to assist you any time, day or night, with any questions that you may have. If you aren't really sure where you want to go, they can help you make an informed decision so that you can start planning your next incredible vacation with Avalon Waterways River Cruises.
- Incredible tour company that has river cruises in many various locals around the globe.
- Some of the best ships that you will find anywhere, with incredible staterooms and state of the art engineering and architectural features.
- Plenty of space on the ship with a limited capacity of guests, making your stay more enjoyable.
- Amazing guest service to make your trip a relaxing and unforgettable one.
- Knowledgeable tour guides to take you to places that you may have never even known of before.
- Specialized onboard itinerary items such as wellness classes, dancing, and other activities.
- The most incredible food you will find onboard any ship.
- Numerous travel awards including the Cruiser's Choice and Traveler's Choice.
Top Reasons To Choose Avalon Waterways (Globus) River Cruises
- Specializing in luxury travel experiences, they are always striving to enhance your travel experiences.
- Unpack once and never worry about anything else while you are with us enjoying your stay.
- Quick embarkation and disembarkation mean more time to explore, and quicker access to the ship for anything you may need from us or your room.
- Smaller accommodations mean a more spacious and uncrowded experience all around.
- Incredible windows in each stateroom offering you a fully unencumbered view of the bypassing scenery.
- Incredible personalized experience, offering you a more family-like experience.
- Knowledgeable cruise managers and tour guide, offering you the best guided experiences that you can find.
- Excursions available for every comfort level. From walking tours, to guided biking tours, and even hikes.
- Smaller tour groups, often 10-15 guests, means more personal attention.
- Dining experiences like no other, offering you incredible food options for each meal of the day.
Frequently Asked Questions About Avalon Waterways (Globus) River Cruises
- What kind of trips can I take with you?
The trips that you can book with Avalon Waterways are endless; you just have to make the difficult decision of deciding where you want to go! Whether you are thinking about travelling through Europe, Africa, Asia, or even North America, we have some incredible cruise options available to you. If you are unsure as to where you would like to go, then let any one of our knowledgeable customer service representatives get you started by showing you some of our more popular options.
- How much would a tour cost?
The cost of your tour is dependent on a few different factors, including your choice of destination and the length of time that you wish to travel for. Your excursions and tour options are also taken into consideration during the pricing of your trip. Some trips can start as low as $2,500, while some can increase to $4,000 or more. The important thing to remember is that this price includes all of your meals and your lodging. When you take that into account, the prices are reasonable and affordable.
- Can I take my family with the guide and not be stuck with other people?
We understand that sometimes the idea of vacationing with strangers can be less than ideal, and we are happy to make any accommodations you request providing we are able to do so. We have no issue providing you and your family with a personalized tour experience, without other guests, as long as we have the tour guides available. Family requests are taken on a first come, first served basis.
- Can I tell the agent what I want out of the trip?
Absolutely! Our agents are standing by to help you decide on the best trip for you. If you are unsure about what you are looking for, or where you are looking to go, our team can help you narrow out your options and help decide on the perfect place for you. Simply give them a call and start listing off items that you look for in travel and tours and let them do the rest!
- Do they have support that can help me regardless of what time?
The desire to travel can often hit at any time of the day, and as such, we have customer services representatives ready and willing to take your call at any time of the day or night. If there are any questions that need to be asked to supporting providers you may be asked to wait until the following business day for an answer, but those circumstances are extremely rare. In most cases, our agents are able to answer every question you have and book your trip regardless of the time of day.
- What do the guides do for you?
The guides offer you a more in-depth look into the places that you are travelling. Perhaps you are choosing to revisit a place that you have already been; we can guarantee that our guides will show you things that you may have missed before or didn't have the chance to see. They are knowledgeable in everything that you will see on your trip and are available for any questions that you may have as well.
- Do they have specialists that are working in each place?
Yes, we do. We believe that each and every trip should be completely unique and unlike any other, which means having specialists in each place to ensure a truly unique and enriching experience.
- What type of way can you travel when you are traveling through Avalon Waterways?
Your first mode of transport will likely be a commercial plane to bring you to the first port of departure, and then the cruise for the remainder of the trip. However, while on location in each port, you can expect to be shuttled around by car, bus, train, or even ferry in some cases. Each mode of transportation while on the cruise is covered by the initial cost. If you choose to venture on your own, then you will incur the cost of transportation that you need.
- Who customizes the itinerary or things you are going to do ahead of time?
Our knowledgeable agents and crews all plan the itinerary ahead of time, ensuring that you know all the details at the time of your booking. Some items may change throughout the year to make room for more seasonal items and events in each location that we believe you won't want to miss. Rest assured that we are packing the most into your vacation as we possibly can!
- Where do you stay while you are at the destinations?
That is the best part of the cruise option for vacationing, your room travels with you. When you arrive on the ship, you will unpack in your stateroom and not have to worry about packing up until your final disembarkation from the ship. In each port you will be able to explore, enjoy your tours, take part in exciting excursions, and rest easy knowing that you have a comfortable bed and lodging waiting for your inevitable return to the ship.
- Why is Avalon Waterways known as an ‘insider’ travel experience?
The inside experience is something that Avalon Waterways river cruises prides itself in. We offer you some of the most unique and interesting travel experiences while in each port. By cruising with us our tours are able to take you to places that are otherwise unreachable to tourists. Some events and attractions are only available to the locals, but our insider experience grants you access to most, if not all, of these exciting things.
- Is there a single supplement that can be used for travelers who are solo?
There is a single supplement that can be used if you choose to travel solo. We believe that anyone should be free to travel, and we ensure that a great time will be had by all who choose to travel with us, regardless of party size.
- On average, what is the group size like?
The group size is dependent on the cruise option that you are looking to take part in, but on average our groups sizes are roughly 130-150 passengers per ship. We also take pride in having an abundance of crew available, often having 1 crew member to every 3 passengers onboard.
Health and Safety Protocols on Avalon Waterways (Globus) River Cruises
Today's world has changed, but what remains certain is Avalon Waterways' commitment to guest safety, comfort and peace-of-mind while traveling with us. To that end, Avalon Waterways has established a worldwide Assurance program, with enhanced on-trip protocols and procedures, to ensure the health – and happiness – of guests throughout their travels with us.
It all starts with Avalon Waterways' Global Health & Safety Team, dedicated to ensuring that cleanliness of all operations exceeds today’s travel standards—from start to finish. The following areas address Avalon Waterways' commitment to providing a safe and clean environment for guests.
New embarkation procedures to offer guests a safe start to their journey, including:
- Social distancing throughout embarkation
- Mandatory health screening, including touch-free temperature-check, for all guests and crew
- Luggage disinfection prior to onboarding (with crew wearing gloves and masks)
FRESH AIR, INSIDE AND OUT:
In addition to Avalon Waterways' Open-Air staterooms, the air in the ships is not circulated between staterooms; only within an individual stateroom and mixed with fresh, outside air.
BLENDING CULTURAL PROXIMITY WITH SOCIAL DISTANCE:
New social distancing guidelines for guests throughout their Avalon cruise include:
- Reducing ship capacity as required for more space on board per guest
- Introducing more dining venues for more dining space per person
- Crew wearing masks for the duration of the cruise during any guest interaction
- Providing masks for guests to wear during any event where social proximity could become an issue, including disembarkation for excursions and safety drills
- Adjusting ratio of guides and coaches for excursions, as required
NEW TECHNOLOGY TO ENSURE CLEANLINESS:
- Electrostatic disinfecting systems
- UV disinfecting systems
TOUCHING HEARTS, NOT HANDS:
Reducing risk with hands-free service, including:
- More hand-sanitizing stations throughout the ship
- Required use of hand-sanitizing stations when leaving the ship, returning to the ship and entering dining venues as well as entering each public/common space
- Self-serve stations, including buffets, drinks, specialty coffees and snacks have been replaced with crew service
- All buffets (breakfast and lunch) replaced by a full range of á la carte menu choices
- Hourly (or more frequent) disinfection of all public areas
COMMITMENT TO THE CLEANEST SHIPS:
Enhanced cleaning procedures throughout each ship, including these additional steps that go above-and-beyond Avalon’s already strict procedures:
- Deep disinfection of each stateroom between cruises, including:
- Use of disinfectants and cleaning materials that meet the highest standards
- Soft goods in each stateroom (mattress, sofa, window coverings, chairs, etc.) disinfected between cruises
- Disinfection of all dining areas between meals
- Disinfection of all shared items like umbrellas, bicycles and other Adventure Center items
- Disinfection of all goods prior to loading on the ship
- Ongoing crew training in protective equipment use and hygiene
FOCUS ON CREW HEALTH:
Ensuring a healthy crew, including:
- Medical certificate required prior to start of contract
- Daily temperature checks
- Social distancing in crew living quarters
- Regular health screenings
Great trip for cultural experiences with local people, customs and way of life.
Avalon River Cruise was wonderful. Accommodations, meals and crew were all amazing. The only negative was the bus tours to the Christmas Markets which falls on the tour guides. They did not take into consideration the passengers ability to keep up with the tour and spent too much time on other aspects of the tour and rushed us through the markets. Would be better if the bus dropped us off and the markets and let us walk around and tell us up front a meeting place to return to the ship.
Our river cruise was excellent especially visiting Omaha Beach which was the highlight of the whole experience. We enjoy meeting people from all over the world. The food was superb and our room was very comfortable.
Love Avalon river cruises. This was our third and we love it!!
The ship is beautiful and the rooms very comfortable. Avalon seems to attract a very friendly and social group of travelers. It is also welcoming to the solo traveler.